PDA

View Full Version : When does my AP expire...?

Red Randal
08-23-2010, 04:30 PM
I might have to call Disney on this one but I thought I'd mention the question to my fellow Intercotees first and see what everyone says.

I bought my AP and got the voucher in May 2009. I activated it in December 2009 at Walt Disney World. In the meantime, Disney introduced that promotion where you get an extra three months. When I activated my pass, the man who activated it for me at the Magic Kingdom told me that he was changing something or another on my voucher so that I would be able to take advantage of the new promotion. Obviously I should have paid better attention to him but as I understood it, I was getting an extra 3 months on my pass and it would expire in March 2011 instead of December 2010.

When I log into the passholder website, it says my pass expires in December. Further research indicates that my pass can be RENEWED for an extra 3 months, ie. my renewed pass will expire in March 2012.

So...what's the deal? I'm sure at least a few of you must have some idea.

VWL Mom
08-23-2010, 05:29 PM
If I remember correct there were 2 promotions introduced:

Florida Residents could buy or renew and get 15 months

All others could renew for 15 months. This expires Aug 31.

Not sure by your signature which one you purchased. If it was the Florida resident pass then the expiration date should be printed on the back of your ticket.

Daisy'sMom
08-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Go to the passholder site on Disney and it will tell you when it will expire. :mickey:

BellesRose
08-23-2010, 06:56 PM
We had a similar experience. We bought the passes but they didn't give us the extra 3 months. The CM at the front gate said there was nothing she could do. She eventually sent us to customer service and we talked to a wonderful CM who changed our passes for us. Just make sure you talk to someone in charge at Disney! If they say they can't fix it, ask to speak to someone who can.

Red Randal
08-24-2010, 12:03 AM
We had a similar experience. We bought the passes but they didn't give us the extra 3 months. The CM at the front gate said there was nothing she could do. She eventually sent us to customer service and we talked to a wonderful CM who changed our passes for us. Just make sure you talk to someone in charge at Disney! If they say they can't fix it, ask to speak to someone who can.

Well I definitely have the extra 3 months (or at least I was told I did.) What I don't know is what that means. Do I have a pass for 15 months or do I get to RENEW for 15 months?

And VWL: I have a regular, non-resident, AP.

Melanie
08-24-2010, 06:38 AM
When I log into the passholder website, it says my pass expires in December. Further research indicates that my pass can be RENEWED for an extra 3 months, ie. my renewed pass will expire in March 2012.

I'd call ASAP to find out what's going on. Hopefully it's not too late to get it straightened out. I was told recently (by Guest Services at Epcot) that the renewal promotion ends August 31. Has it been extended?

If it was the Florida resident pass then the expiration date should be printed on the back of your ticket.

Non-resident APs don't have an expiration date printed on the back?

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-24-2010, 08:57 PM
I'd call ASAP to find out what's going on. Hopefully it's not too late to get it straightened out. I was told recently (by Guest Services at Epcot) that the renewal promotion ends August 31. Has it been extended?

Non-resident APs don't have an expiration date printed on the back?

Ours do...