PDA

View Full Version : no discount for me

tsantillo
08-23-2010, 03:58 PM
I just tried to get either the GP or AP discount on my Magic Kingdom view resv at the Poly for Nov. and was told that they are not available for that room type! Is this normal? Fl Res rate is apparently not out yet for that time frame, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

greengeen
08-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Yes, it's pretty typical. The rooms available at discounted rates are limited. You have to be flexible about room type, resort, and dates to really take advantage of discounts. I checked the new AP rates, too, and found them to be EXTREMELY limited this year. Plus, the discount doesn't apply to weekends. So the discounts didn't help me at all.

That said, keep checking back. Sometimes new rooms are released for discount rates.

Darbylew
08-23-2010, 05:37 PM
I was disappointed as well as I could not get a
discount either. Still waiting on the Florida
residnent rate to come out. I am checking on
that everyday. I am a passholder and the rates
did not apply for me there either. We will just
have to keep our fingers crossed. :(

RBrooksC
08-23-2010, 06:38 PM
I finally was able to book my May 2011 Disney trip with Disney's Interline rate.

When I called and asked for a CR: MK view room, I was told she did not have any. I was about to ask for the price of the Atrium Level when she was able to find one with the discounted price with the view we wanted.

The rates were released yesterday so there is a very limited supply of those discounted rooms available. I am guessing the larger the discount, the harder it is to come by those rooms.

faline
08-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I'd also suggest working with Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/). They can't create rooms that are sold out but they'll do their best to make sure you get reservations you want at a discounted rate!

nifty48
08-23-2010, 06:55 PM
We are Fl Seasonal Passholders and do 3 - 4 weekends a year. They are discounting on the weekends but at this time it is only certain deluxe resorts (Epcot). We wanted a moderate resort when we looked for Passholder rates for early December but ended up with BC because it was only a little more to stay there than a moderate. The discount for the moderate resorts was not what we had last year by lots. We are looking forward to our stay at BC but feel we were pushed in this direction. Maybe Disney hopes we will like deluxe so much that we won't want anything else.

tsantillo
08-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the info. At least I don't feel so alone now.
We are staying at the Poly with MK view regardless of the discount. But it sure would be nice to ease up the budget a bit!