PDA

View Full Version : Where should we eat for my b-day?

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-23-2010, 02:46 PM
We will be at MK on my b-day in October. Where should we have dinner - not looking for a signature dining experience nor are we looking for CS. Would like to stay in MK or a monorail resort.

Suggestions? and why?:thumbsup:

faline
08-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Kona or O'Hana's might be nice choices. If you want something a bit fancier, Narcoosee's or Citrico's are also very nice choices.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Kona or O'Hana's might be nice choices. If you want something a bit fancier, Narcoosee's or Citrico's are also very nice choices.

:ditto:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-23-2010, 03:55 PM
We always go to Ohana's every trip and Kona is kinda on the list... however, we'd probably only order sushi so, right now, we have the sushi bar on the list for dinner.

I'm kinda hoping for sit down but, don't know where to go..

I'm pouring over the menus and nothing is really screaming out at me. I just hate being indecisive.

RedSoxandPatsfan
08-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Seeing as you'll be Princess Jennifer that day anyway,:princess: I'd say splurge a little and go for CRT. That way you can spend some time with the other princesses on your Bday.:party:

cajundisneyfreak
08-23-2010, 04:31 PM
What about Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge? The food is great and it's a fun atmosphere.:mickey:

RockinRobin
08-23-2010, 04:33 PM
If you really want to go all out try Shula's at the Dolphin. It is very expensive but well worth it.

mama2haven
08-23-2010, 05:32 PM
wheres the sushi bar?

i heard ohana was great too.

VWL Mom
08-23-2010, 05:33 PM
How about the GF Cafe? Nice atmosphere for a birthday celebration and still only 1TS.

joonyer
08-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Rose & Crown at Iluminations time. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to get a lagoon side table. Oct. weather should be perfect for dining al fresco.

faline
08-23-2010, 06:45 PM
wheres the sushi bar?

Right outside Kona and to the right of the door that heads out to the monorail. It's the coffee bar earlier in the day and the sushi bar in the evening.

Fastpasssteve
08-24-2010, 01:29 AM
Based on the info you gave, I would choose one of two places, depending on your sense of adventure and how quiet or loud you want your meal:

Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort is lovely. They have a wide selection of appetizers and entrees (had a really good steak there last time)...but their desserts are both beautiful to look at and to taste. They have been known to do something special there if they know there's a birthday in the party (to make your trip more magical).

1900 Park Fare hosts a Character Dining Dinner each evening. It is a buffet, but a wonderful one (C'mon--it IS in the Grand Floridian Resort) with many options. The characters are Cinderella, her Prince, the Evil Stepmother and the Tremain daughters! They are really a hoot! Both of these options would create lasting memories for years to come...albeit, very different.

Both of these options are 1 credit, not two, on the Disney Dining Plan.
Enjoy your trip.

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Thank you everyone. I think that we've narrowed it down to Kona Cafe or Crystal Palace. I need to make up my mind pretty quick to make my ADR's huh???

Thanks!

diz_girl
08-24-2010, 02:05 PM
How about the GF Cafe? Nice atmosphere for a birthday celebration and still only 1TS.

The GF Cafe also has my vote. Because the GF has so many resturants, it is always overlooked because it is neither a Signature restaurant nor a character meal. They also have openings when other restaurants are booked.

LudwigVonDrake
08-25-2010, 06:47 PM
'Ohana :tasty: