PDA

View Full Version : first time for CS dining plan - thoughts?

disneykid99
08-23-2010, 02:11 PM
We are looking forward to doing the CS dining plan this fall. This will be our first year on the CS plan. We are excited about having our time be very flexible and having no ADR's. I would love to hear about your experiences on this plan. Those of you who have done the CS plan - what did you think?

Thank you!

Tinker Fan
08-23-2010, 02:28 PM
We used this plan last year and really liked it. You eat when you want and don't have to plan. We found some good places to eat besides burgers and pizza. One of our favorites was Wolfganf Puck. The refillable mugs were included which was nice to. It is worth a try and we will try it again!!

slheflin
08-31-2010, 01:42 PM
We're doing the QS dining plan this weekend. We've never done it before either so I'm anxious to see how it works out. DH is a very picky eater so we have looked at menus and decided which places we will NOT be going to. We also have a general idea of what we'd like to shoot for in terms of parks/restaurants/resorts so I think we'll be ok.

Mary Poppins fan
08-31-2010, 02:14 PM
We've been toying with idea of this plan for our next trip. I'm interested in everyone's experiences so far...

W24toISMdirect
08-31-2010, 02:44 PM
I like Tommarowland Terrace Noodle Station!

Ksmith75
08-31-2010, 03:57 PM
We did the regular dining for 3 years, then this past april we did the QS. We loved it, we had alot of free time without ADRs. There are great CS to eat at as well. Here are some of our favs'

AK - FlameTree BBQ
MK - Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Rays.
HS - Fairfax Fare
EP - Sommerfest, Sunshine Seasons...

We stayed at the POR last year - and loved thier food and the FQ was good too. I loved the customized salad at POR.

We are doing regular dining next year, since we got free dining this time.....we definatley have more time constraints...but we figured what the heck...

slheflin
03-24-2011, 01:08 PM
UPDATE - We did the CS in September and it was GREAT! There was plenty of food to keep us satisfied and we usually took the dessert "home" to eat later (or even for breakfast the next morning :blush:)

Where we ate:
DDD - Wolfgang Puck Express - chicken alfredo - yummy!
MK - Cosmic Rays - the ribs are AWESOME!
AK - Yak & Yeti Counter Service - sweet & sour chicken
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons - don't remember exactly what I had, but do remember that it was just ok.

We used our snack credits at various places, but highly recommend the zebra domes at AKL!

ledudes
03-26-2011, 06:47 PM
We loved Wolfgang express. It was a great counter service, almost as good as a table service!

BowTie7
03-26-2011, 07:23 PM
The counter service locations at the Poly and Contemporary resorts are very good and a nice break (and easy to get to) from the Magic Kingdom. Not sure which resort you are staying at, but Pop Century had a great food court, which you could use its resort mug for your beverage so you could get a bottled soda/water/juice to take back to the room.