PDA

View Full Version : Akershus help

Bethis26fan
08-23-2010, 12:41 PM
We are looking at trying Akershus on our next trip. All girsl 3 adult girls and 2 little girls (2 & 4) I've never been so I don't know anything about it.
What meal is the best?
Is it on the dining plan? If so how many credits?
Would you recomend it?
How's the food?

Thanks.

W24toISMdirect
08-23-2010, 01:11 PM
It the Princess based charcter meal that's the easiest to get an ADR for (we got a 5pm Sunday evening with only 2 months advance), the food is good for what I hear though I haven't eaten there myself. It's a standard table service credit.

We almost always use our TS credit for dinner, but that's just they way we play.

disneyfamily05
08-23-2010, 02:01 PM
We've been there twice for dinner. It's one of our favorite restaurants. It's been a while since I've been there but if it's the same: you will have a chance to have your photo taken with Belle (in her yellow gown) at the front of the restaurant before you are seated, once you are seated you order one meal per person (you may want to preview their menu here on Intercot), and you also go to the cold buffett. I remember there being several types of cold salads, and several different types of smoked fish and cheese. My husband and I think this is one of the best meals we've had compared to the price. We enjoy smoked salmon, etc. at home- so we were able to take advantage and try new types of fish - and they are certainly not cheap to buy at the market or grocery store. Then a dessert plate is brought out that is shared by everyone.

While you are eating the princesses come around to meet, greet, and take photos. We've had some really good interactions here both times (Mary Poppins, Snow White, Jasmine, Cinderella, Aurora are who I remember).

Both times I had gone there I had ordered the poached cod with horseradish potatoes - I thought it was great. I do not think they have this on their menu anymore from what I can tell. A lot of people around us seemed to grumble about their menu choices - but if you go in prepared with an idea of what they offer, and you are willing to try something new I think it's a great experience.

Bethis26fan
08-23-2010, 02:18 PM
So dinner is good. That's what I was leaning more too since we will be doing a breakfast at CP another morning.

Bethis26fan
08-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Does anyone have pictures of the food at dinner?