PDA

View Full Version : Indian Echo Caverns near Hershy

DisneyDog
08-23-2010, 10:40 AM
We took a day trip to Indian Echo Caverns on Saturday. We had the best time! It is just 4 miles from Hershey Park, so if you are planning a trip to Hershey, definitely take a few hours and check out this amazing site. The caverns are young -- just 3 million years old! It is beautiful and comfy/cool down there (52 degrees constant, year-round) and the formations are incredible and still forming. It's a walking tour, and 71 steps down and (of course) back up again. It wasn't easy getting back up the steps, but it was so worth it.

Suz36
08-23-2010, 11:56 AM
We've been there! The caves were beautiful. We've also visited caves in Virginia and Tennessee - they're just fascinating. I absolutely love the Hershey area. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the Hershey Bears schedule so I can plan our next trip.

NJGIRL
08-24-2010, 08:34 AM
I've heard about them but have never been, which surprises me since that type of thing is right up my alley. We will have to check them out.

DisneyDog
08-25-2010, 07:44 PM
I thought it was reasonably priced too. $13 for adults and $7 for kids.

NJGIRL
08-25-2010, 09:40 PM
That is a good price. How long did it take you to expore the caves?

Katzateer
08-29-2010, 03:33 PM
We have been to some great caves in Indiana if anyone is in the area of Louisville/Evansville.

Will have to check the cave in PA - I love going to them on a hot summer day!

thanks

DisneyDog
08-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Katzateer, it won't take you long to get there at all, if you live in/near Lancaster.

NJGirl, It was about a 45 minute tour. And they have a playground and other activities on the property.