PDA

View Full Version : 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration without kids - Day 7

jans2kids
08-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Tuesday August 3, 2010

We were up early today so we could do EE at the MK. Well that plan fizzled pretty fast, as we approached the bus stop at 7:30 the line was long, but there was a bus there loading. Another MK bus arrived beside it, but when he saw it was loading, didn't wait and pulled away. It was almost 25 minutes before another MK showed up and then 2 came at the same time. So it was nearly 8:30 until we got into the park.

Now that we missed the chance to do Space Mnt with little or no wait, we got a Fop for it and headed for Fantasyland and got in line for Peter Pan which was 20 minutes long. Upon exit there was a line starting to build by the rope going into Liberty Sq for the 9:00 rope drop, so we joined in and when the rope dropped headed to Splash Mnt. DW did not want to ride because she didn't want to get wet, I talked her into it saying she would only get a few splashes here and there.

Well we were in the front of our log and were enjoying the ride, that is until the log went back outside by where the big drop is. I knew there was a chance to get splashed here but thought we made it by ok, then an air cannon shot a huge blast of water up in the air and it was a direct hit on us, the rest of our log stayed dry. Our shorts were still wet 3 hours later.

After drying off a little we headed back to Main Street to get breakfast from the Main Street Bakery. The line was out the door but the wait was worth it. The Cinnamon Rolls are to die for. It was like getting a half loaf of cinnamon bread. Just as we paid we heard a show starting on Main St so we took our food and headed outside and watched the Main Street Saxophone Four.

This was a group of 4 saxophone players dressed in overalls like the worked on the train. Some other street characters joined in some singing and dancing to Disney favorites', like Smokey Miller Fire Chief, Scoop Sanderson newspaper reporter, and a couple of women who's names I didn't get. Very Nice Show!!!

As we headed back up Main St we stopped to enjoy the Main Street Trolley Parade, "We're walking right down the middle of Main Street USA" catchy tune.

Next was a walk on to the Many Adventures of Pooh, then back to do FP we had for Space Mnt, got a FP for Buzz then headed back to Fantasyland to do Snow Whites Scary Adventures, Prince Charming Regal Carousel and Mickey's Philharmagic.

By this time the park was really crowded and we stopped at Cosmic Rays to get lunch. The thing I dislike about Cosmic Rays is that you have to go to different windows when each of you want s something different to eat. The place was packed but the new thing that they were doing this year is that they had cast members at the entrance of the main dining area, and they would find you a seat when you entered with your food. There was no saving tables unless you had your food.

The crowds and heat were wearing us out, so we finished of MK with another spin on Buzz Lightyear, and Carousel of Progress, Pirates of the Caribbean, and as luck had it Captain Jacks Pirate Tutorial was going on as we exited. We walked back down the middle of Main Street as everyone was lined up on the sidewalks waiting for the parade to start.

Once back at POP we took a dip in the Hippy Dippy Pool before getting dressed for our 6:30 dinner at Le Cellier. We had eaten here before and were really looking forward to it, my filet mignon was very good and I got the cream cheese mashed potatoes instead of the mushroom risotto, and a bowl of the cheddar cheese soup. I like my meat well done, so it was a little overdone on the outside but the inside was perfect, but DW likes hers medium well, but hers was burned on the outside, and pretty red on the inside, she didn't want to send it back and only ate a few bites. For dessert we got the chocolate "Moose" and the chocolate whiskey cake, both were delicious.

Since we were leaving the next night, we needed to make a stop at guest relations to get our boarding passes printed out which the did in a matter of minutes. Even though it was only 10 minutes past our 24 hour check-in period, they were already in group B, which we still figured would be fine to be able to get a good seat.

It was EMH hours at Epcot so we knew we had plenty of time to do some rides, so we decided to wait in line (40 minutes) for Soarin. We have never waited in the stand by line before, always had a FP, but the wait didn't feel that long. After Soarin we were going to take a walk out to the boardwalk, but Illuminations had just ended so we were like fish swimming up stream trying to get back to the World Showcase as everyone else was headed to Future World.

If you have never been to the boardwalk, at night they have some entertainers on the boardwalk, and we got to see to magician shows, both were great shows. In the past we have seen magicians, jugglers, and sword swallowers. It was such a nice evening to be out strolling, so we headed back into Epcot and walked through the WS and back to FW to get the bus back to POP. As we passed by Spaceship Earth we ducked in and played a few of the Siemens Energy games.

We got back to POP and I wanted to get a sundae at the food court to use up some snack credits, but the ice cream window had closed at 11:00. Back at the room we finished packing so that we could take our luggage down in the morning to use the resort luggage check in now that SW was participating.

Tomorrow Epcot then home

yjgirl32
08-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Great report. Thanks for sharing. I didn't care for my steak at Le Cellier either.

faline
08-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Another nice day! It was really hot that day! We were at Magic Kingdom that day as well but only for the morning.

DizNee143
08-23-2010, 09:35 AM
another great day!
i LOVE the cinnamon rolls from the Main Street Bakery..i look forward to at least one every time im in Disney!:mickey:
i have really enjoyed reading your reports and hate to know they are coming to an end..

BluewaterBrad
08-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Another great day! I am amazed with the pace you two are on!!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Sounds great:thumbsup: