PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania - Wait Times

CanadaLovesDisney
08-22-2010, 04:44 PM
From experience the wait time at toy story mania has always been insane! We managed to wait the 90 minutes last year but we are hoping that maybe since the ride is no longer as new the line has decreased somewhat...
Does anyone know whether this is the case?

The Flying Dutchman
08-22-2010, 05:00 PM
From what I hear, that is not the case unfortunately. The hype has not died down.

mermaidmarian
08-22-2010, 05:18 PM
I think the Dutchman is probably right. On our most recent visit, FPs were gone by 10:15 a.m. and posted stand by wait times (that I saw) were never less than 90 minutes.

May I add, it's a fun attraction but there is probably nothing that I would stand in line for up to two hours to experience for 5 minutes. If I wanted to experience TSM, I would make certain be at HS at rope drop in order to get FP before they are gone and forget completely about the stand by line.

Pop Centurion
08-22-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm willing to bet that with the update added from TS3 the lines will be the same as they were when it first opened.
We've always had to get FP before noon & return times were always later in the evening. I'm hoping to get lucky once this year and have shorter lines so I can experience the queue area.

WishingStar2006
08-22-2010, 05:25 PM
We were just in WDW and the stand by line was over 90 minutes...we were fortunate enough to get fast passes as they were still available at 11 am (the fast pass was for 4:30). I agree, waiting for 90 minutes for anything is not my idea of fun but if it is your only alternative to experience the ride, it's worth it. One of the best new attractions for WDW in a long time. I would wait 90 mintues for this 5 minute attraction before I would wait 90 minutes for Soarin', which is another attraction with long waits and fast passes all given out early in the day!

When the ride first opened they had a single rider line but have since closed that, which is a shame! They send the cars out with 3 people quite often. I don't know why they stopped the single rider line...does anyone?

BowTie7
08-22-2010, 05:48 PM
I believe the single rider line was discontinued because of the design of the line with a less than ideal merge (or was it sharing) of the line with the fast pass lane. The version in California has a single rider line, but that version has a very different line configuation.

SandmanGStefani24
08-22-2010, 08:55 PM
i dont see it dying down any time soon. besides, there isnt much to do at the 'studios lately. star tours being dark won't help either.

lovinmesomedisney
08-22-2010, 09:17 PM
The line is always long, even during non peak season. We always manage to ride it at least twice though and most of the time, three times. We are at the Studios at rope drop. We go directly to the ride, ride it, fast pass it, then ride it again. It is definitely one of our favorites!

CaptSmee
08-22-2010, 09:48 PM
We were there the middle of June...120 min waits.

CanadianWDWFan
08-23-2010, 06:54 AM
After I went to get our FP's at park opening, the wait was out the door and was posted at 45 minutes already. By the afternoon it was always 90 minutes or more.

Imagineer1981
08-23-2010, 01:10 PM
May I just say the only problem with FP is you miss Mr. Potato Head!!!!

AllDisney
08-23-2010, 05:09 PM
We head right over & get a FP as soon as we get into the park. We did wait 90 min last December (first time & all)...but don't plan on spending time like that in line again.

Captain_Nemo
08-24-2010, 08:18 PM
been twice this year so far, Even in early January the wait was 90+ minutes. Id say out of everything in DHS get a fast pass for this first then go do ToT and RnR. or go ride GMR twice and buy some attraction posters at Animation Gallery use the art on demand computers to the right.. my living room is covered with WDW attraction pictures of past and present attractions.

Captain_Nemo
08-24-2010, 08:30 PM
may i just say the only problem with fp is you miss mr. Potato head!!!!

agreed!

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Demand is definitely not slowing down.
When we were there 2 weeks ago we got to the Studios at 8:45 on a morning EMH day. My daughter dashed to see how things looked and there was a 50 minute wait at that point.
We decided to Fast Pass it...with a return time of 12:30.
When we came back Fast Passes were gone for the day and the standby line was 70 minutes.

It's a cute ride...but not cute enough to stand in line that long. ;)

PrincessJadesMom
08-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Demand is definitely not slowing down.
When we were there 2 weeks ago we got to the Studios at 8:45 on a morning EMH day. My daughter dashed to see how things looked and there was a 50 minute wait at that point.
We decided to Fast Pass it...with a return time of 12:30.
When we came back Fast Passes were gone for the day and the standby line was 70 minutes.

It's a cute ride...but not cute enough to stand in line that long. ;)

I agree. We like the ride but there's no way I'll wait in that long line again for it. The first time we rode it, it was right after it opened, we waited in line for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to ride it......NEVER AGAIN! :noway::nope:

darthmacho
08-25-2010, 03:54 PM
or months I had been studying wait times using various apps on my iPod in preparation for my recent trip, and I noticed that the line for this ride was BY FAR the longest in any of the four parks, and was on average 2 hours long, and up to 3 on a few occasions.

During our trip last week, however, we must have lucked out, because there was wait at all! :thumbsup:

Oh, yeah, that's right, that's because it was closed for refurb... :(

:D Oh well!