PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

tundramom
08-22-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm wondering what the rules are vis-a-vis booking a reservation for a dependent when adults are not going to be present. I keep telling my DD (currently a sophomore) to tell her friends to start saving for their senior trip to WDW (possibly split WDW/Vero Beach). I would be willing to use our points for a 2BR or villa stay for her and her girlfriends for graduation. My offer is kind of two fold: I'll feel much more comfortable with her in WDW than any other typical Senior trip destinations and she really wants to have a trip with her friends in her favorite place in the world (a couple of them did get to go in band last year, but experienced very little park time). Now the problem: she will not be 18 until several weeks after graduating and she doesn't want to go in the summer. She's been to WDW enough to know that she doesn't want to battle the heat or the crowds. Is it possible to book in her name or will we have to use one of her friends (most will be 18 or older, she is one of the youngest in her class)? And is that even possible (booking for a non family member). Anybody else ever do this? Thanks.:mickey:

DizneyRox
08-22-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure you need an adult (18+) on the reservation and one will need to show an ID.

As the member you have control over the reservation, but in order to check in, you'll need an adult there.