PDA

View Full Version : Large Red & White Paper Ticket?

mermaidmarian
08-22-2010, 03:10 PM
During our recent visit, I observed guests with larger (not really big, maybe 4 x 2.5) red papertickets with white lettering on them which seemed to work like a "go to the front of any line" ticket. I don't remember ever seeing this before. Does anyone know what they are, how they work and how some guests obtain them?

BrerGnat
08-22-2010, 03:26 PM
It was probably a Guest Assistance Card. They are issued to guests with disabilities (obvious or hidden) that prevent them from waiting in line the traditional way. We use one at WDW for our two sons with Autism since they have sensory issues that prevent them from being able to wait in certain types of queues.

peemagg
08-22-2010, 05:19 PM
It might have appeared to be a "front of the line pass", but it wasn't. It might have said can't do stairs or needs alternate entrance or as other poster said to have a quite place to wait. Many times though the person who is needing and using these cards (or wheelchairs or ECV's) are actually waiting as long or longer due to the amount of others already ahead of them or they need a special car and there is only one or two of those cars on the whole ride.

BrerGnat
08-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Some add'l info is that when using these tickets, users are instructed to notify the attraction CM when they arrive, to find out where to go to wait. So, rather than just joining the end of the lines, we would have to sometimes walk right up to the attraction entrance or boarding area (even if the line extended back) to ask the CM where to go, so this often gives the illusion of just heading straight to the front of the line.

Most times, we were directed to an alternate waiting area, most often it was the ride exit, sometimes it was a little room that you would otherwise never know was there. We'd wait until the CM came to get us and let us load. It's not a automatic boarding pass. The ONLY people who get those, from what I know, are families who are there as part of a Make A Wish Foundation trip.

LVT
08-22-2010, 05:49 PM
I would like to thank the responders for clarifying these passes.

Imagineer1981
08-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Although there is a pass for the "make a wish" kids and they do get to by pass the lines, but for the most part they are the guest with disabilities cards, and it allows them to wait in alternate lines with no stairs, out of the sun, or whatever the problem may be