PDA

View Full Version : Silly ticket question...

TheVBs
08-22-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I feel like I have to ask anyway. We just booked a package for next Sept./Oct. to take advantage of free dining. :cloud9: We're staying 10 nights, but are only getting 8 days of tickets, because one day will be a water park day and the last day we'll be heading home. BUT, if we change our minds and want to have park access for those two days, we can just add them on after arrival, right? If so, will they be the same price to add on as they were online?

Thanks in advance for any help! :mickey:

DizneyRox
08-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Yep, as long as it's within 14 days of first use. Should only cost a few bucks a ticket.

TheVBs
08-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks Rox! :mickey: I feel better now. It was hard not to go for the full 10 with the price being so low, but it was also silly to pay for days we didn't plan on being in the parks. It's good to know that if we change our mind it will be no problem.

mainemajor
08-29-2010, 10:56 AM
We always go to a park or two after our water park days. We do not stay from opening to closing at water parks so we like the option to go to a park later.

disneymom2000
08-31-2010, 07:16 PM
I couldn't stay at the water parks for a full day. If you don't want to add a day to your tickets you could always go to Downtown Disney and check out the Lego displays and the shops. I love to end my day at the Ghiradelli Soda Shoppe.:tasty:

CaptSmee
09-01-2010, 12:24 AM
I couldn't stay at the water parks for a full day. If you don't want to add a day to your tickets you could always go to Downtown Disney and check out the Lego displays and the shops. I love to end my day at the Ghiradelli Soda Shoppe.:tasty:

We have no trouble at all spending all day at Typhoon Lagoon...sun for a bit, ride the creek, hit the wave pool, crush/gusher, repeat...:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
09-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Just food for thought... we're going for 12 days next August, 10 of which will be park days, the other two are arrival/departure days.

We were planning on doing waterparks 2 days, so we were only going to get 8 day hoppers... but then decided to just go ahead with a 10 day, as we've watched all the rain that came through down there the past few weeks & figured we just may want to head to a park one of those days after all, either after a water park day (as the water parks close that much earlier) or if we get rained out from a water park, we might decide we want to head somewhere else.

Now, after having dealt with 90+ heat the past few days up here in NY, and enjoying the heat while at the NYS Fair, :whew:, we've decided to add on the "Water Park & Fun" option to our tickets next year when we get there, too, if the temps are like they've been... we figure it might be fun to go to a water park a bunch of days in the afternoon for just a few hours, instead of always heading back to our hotel pool to cool off! :D

TheVBs
09-01-2010, 07:42 AM
When we did this last year we did head to Downtown Disney after Typhoon Lagoon. But after getting to our hotel, getting cleaned up, changed, transport to DTD and dinner at Raglan Road, we barely had time to look in one shop before they closed. :( That's probably my one gripe about our trips, I rarely get any leisurely time to explore the shops there.

We'd like to do Mickey's Backyard BBQ again, so I'm thinking maybe I'll schedule that after our water park day. However, I do remember that coming back on the boat from FW when we did the BBQ last year, we arrived just in time to head into MK to see the fireworks - and who could pass that up? :mickey: We also got to see the Electric Water Parade for the very first time - so cool!

Well, I guess the beautiful thing is that we can easily add days to our tickets, or hoppers if we think we need them, while we're there. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
09-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Well, I guess the beautiful thing is that we can easily add days to our tickets, or hoppers if we think we need them, while we're there. :mickey:

That is the best part... you can wait & watch to see what the weather is forecasted to do during your trip, and if it looks like you'll want more time in the parks, or might want more time in the waterparks or visiting DTD more, or even trying out DisneyQuest if there's a monsoon coming through... you can add it all on the day you arrive. For us planners, that is HUGE!! :thumbsup:

TheVBs
09-02-2010, 01:35 PM
That is the best part... you can wait & watch to see what the weather is forecasted to do during your trip, and if it looks like you'll want more time in the parks, or might want more time in the waterparks or visiting DTD more, or even trying out DisneyQuest if there's a monsoon coming through... you can add it all on the day you arrive. For us planners, that is HUGE!! :thumbsup:

So true!! It's a huge weight off my shoulders knowing that we have those solutions available. :mickey:

crltkcagle
09-02-2010, 07:13 PM
We always end up adding more days on to our tickets. Never a problem they can do it for you at guest services in your hotel. Have a great time!