PDA

View Full Version : current mugs

ledudes
08-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Anyone know what the most recent refillable mugs look like?

Dewdrop034
08-21-2010, 10:06 PM
I don't know how often they change the design but we went in May and the mug was red with a close up of mickeys face on the bottom near the handle with goofy, donald and other characters in full length all over the rest of the mug.

Melanie
08-21-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't know how often they change the design but we went in May and the mug was red with a close up of mickeys face on the bottom near the handle with goofy, donald and other characters in full length all over the rest of the mug.

Still the same. Only differences are handle and lid colors (which are burgandy, black and yellow)

#1donaldfan
08-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Same for the last two years.....sorry to say....:thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-23-2010, 12:25 PM
awe man... I'm hoping these change by our visit in October.

We've got to keep our collection going.

PinKy
08-26-2010, 01:47 PM
awe man... I'm hoping these change by our visit in October.

We've got to keep our collection going.

I know! We started collecting them from all the resorts and then the "year of a million..." and we have the newer ones as well - but they haven't changed the design in forever. My guess would be expenses. Hopefully the economy will improve soon and we will see some change! :-)

Bellerella
08-26-2010, 11:02 PM
They have the same print as last year, just a slightly different shape. Very dissapointing that they aren't really that different!!

Mickey91
08-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Same as last year...Maybe we will get something new for the 40th birthday bash...

Granny Jill A
08-31-2010, 01:23 PM
I really miss having mugs from the different resorts. I will treasure my small collection of unique mugs, but I do understand why they did away with them. Money :shake:

Mickey91
09-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I really miss having mugs from the different resorts. I will treasure my small collection of unique mugs, but I do understand why they did away with them. Money :shake:

We figure it is a $$ thing too. But when you think about it, as many people that stay at each resort, the savings couldn't be much as there is a limit to how low the price is gonna go for so many items. I just think they got lazy and want to offer the same thing in all the Disney Parks. It is almost impossible to find unique to resort or specific park merchandise anymore. And while there may be a small savings in having less designs, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot. For instance, I like to collect the popcorn souvenir buckets. I used to buy one from every park. This year, EPCOT, AK and MK all had the same one. So they lost two popcorn sales because it is all the same. I know I can't be the only one that passes up items because they are too generic. So even though they saved ten cents a bucket, they lost a potential $3 per bucket because I didn't buy it.

ANG
09-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't understand why they don't change it every year. What is stopping a dishonest person from bringing back the same mug on a different trip?:confused:

PopPhan
09-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't understand why they don't change it every year. What is stopping a dishonest person from bringing back the same mug on a different trip?:confused:

They figure the honest people more than make up the costs of dishonest people, redesigning and reprinting mugs every year and disposing of who knows how many "extras."

Granny Jill A
09-01-2010, 02:23 PM
This year, EPCOT, AK and MK all had the same one. I know I can't be the only one that passes up items because they are too generic.

I agree. The "generic" disease is also prevalent in other merchandise. It used to be each store in each park had something you could only get there. It was an incentive to visit all the parks and see what unique items were available.

Lately, it's the same old boring stuff everywhere you go. (sigh)

ANG
09-01-2010, 03:17 PM
They figure the honest people more than make up the costs of dishonest people, redesigning and reprinting mugs every year and disposing of who knows how many "extras."

Great point

ToDisney
09-02-2010, 12:19 AM
I agree. The "generic" disease is also prevalent in other merchandise. It used to be each store in each park had something you could only get there. It was an incentive to visit all the parks and see what unique items were available.

Lately, it's the same old boring stuff everywhere you go. (sigh)

Ditto, I agree with a previous post about the money loss. Maybe it seems like a little thing, but when you consider all the people that used to collect resort specific, magnets, keychains, mugs, ornaments etc. Or even park items like the pop corn buckets. I believe it makes a difference. I know I haven't spent the same kind of money on souvenirs in the past couple of years since the resorts cut out their personal items.

#1donaldfan
09-02-2010, 12:16 PM
At least we can save money on current merchandise !! Everything is pretty much the same year after year after year.....not much resort specific items anymore !! :(