PDA

View Full Version : Tell me all about face painting

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-21-2010, 02:53 PM
My kids are really into face painting since we went to a themed party and they had face painting there.

I remember seeing kids with their face painted at WDW. I remember the face painting stand in Toontown. Is it anywhere else?

What designs can you get and how much is it?

Thank you!

Strmchsr
08-21-2010, 03:22 PM
I know there is also a face-painting place near the Safari in DAK or you can get a great face-paint at the Pirate League (see here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/pirates-league/) ).

Maleficent's Dad
08-21-2010, 08:24 PM
There is, I believe, face painting in all parks. I'll give you the location that I think they're located at...
MK - you said in toontown - I cannot confirm this park's location!
Epcot - Refreshment port (between China & Germany)
DHS - close to Star Tours, across from Backlot Express
DAK - Africa, near Harambe Fruit Market (Africa) close to the safari
There used to be face painting on the Boardwalk, but that was discontinued a few years back. Not sure about DTD, however.

My kids used to beg to do this - and the artists are usually quite good. They're "contracted" by Disney as an outside company. Prices vary from about $10-$15 depending on the design you choose.

Note for the hot weather - the sweat will ruin the face makeup; if you return later in the day, however, the artists will usually "touch up" any spots that have gone amiss.

JPL
08-21-2010, 11:35 PM
The problem with face painting is the heat and humidity. I have seen many kids with a make up mess on their faces walking around the parks. I would advise against it in the warmer months.

TheVBs
08-22-2010, 11:16 AM
A couple trips ago our girls got the face paintings at AK. We did it at dusk, so the make up lasted all evening, although we didn't plan it that way, that's just how it worked out.

I remember they had a really big selection, but I only remember the styles my girls got, one looked like a princess crown and the other was a winged unicorn.

One thing that amazed us was how fast the person doing the painting worked! I was worried our youngest wouldn't be able to sit still long enough, but it was so quick that she did great.

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the info everyone! We are going in October and know that it's hit or miss with the weather... one year it was sweatshirt and jeans weather and last year it was in the 90's. So, we'll play it by :mickey:.

However, I think we'll hae to do it at least once! Maybe in the late afternoon when we return to the park for fireworks.

:thumbsup: