PDA

View Full Version : Akershus and Little Boys?

Goes4FastPass
08-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Upcoming visit to EPCOT may have my 4YO grandson at Akershus for dinner.

For this meal we will be 3 guys (only); me, my son and his son.

My expectation is, the princesses will basically ignor the dads (AOK) but will greet the one child at our table - the little guy.

My question is, will Akershus be a fun experience for this 4YO boy? (who, of course, likes girls and food and castles)- or will the atmosphere be delighted mommies and daughters accompanied by a few miserable dads and brothers anxious to get back to TestTrack?

marlyn
08-21-2010, 11:55 AM
I think it depends on your little boy. In March I took my 3 kids to 1900 Park fare. My 12 year old daughter wanted to go there and I was concerned my boys (who are 15) might not like it...but they had a blast. Also, when my boys were young, they were so excited to meet Cinderella, so it depends on your boy.

Niecyboo
08-21-2010, 05:34 PM
We had the cutest experience at Akerhaus when my son was around 5. A little girl at another table that was all dressed up like a princess had been getting antsy and moving around and somehow lost her shoe (one of those plastic slip on dress-up shoes) right in the middle of the restaurant. We saw a manager come by and pick it up. Instead of just asking who it belonged to he announced in a loud voice "hear-ye hear-ye. We have a lost slipper. I am in need of a prince to return it to the proper princess." Then he walked over to my son and announced "Here we have a Prince." He took my son by the hand and led him over to the little girl, and had my son get down on one knee and slip the shoe back on her foot. He then really got them blushing by asking them both if they were married, and all sorts of other questions. By this time our entire section of the restaurant was enjoying the show, and cheering.

My DS is now 8 and my DDs are 13 and 16, but they still love Akerhaus. Part of it is the food, though (I have kids with unusual tastes).

wickedgin
08-29-2010, 03:39 PM
My 8- and 9-year old boys loved the Akershus breakfast. I missed all of the interaction, but I heard the Cinderella offered to introduce them to her stepsisters. :D