PDA

View Full Version : How are EMH for AK in the evening?

disneykid99
08-21-2010, 10:24 AM
We are thinking of trying the EMH for AK in the evening on our upcoming trip in Oct. We generally try to avoid parks with EMH but thought going to AK during a different time of day might be fun. The park closes at 5 so I am guessing EMH are until 6 maybe...7. What has been your experience with going during evening EMH? Thanks:mickey:

Joannelet
08-21-2010, 10:54 AM
We've been to EMH in AK in the evening and it was a lovely experience. Nightfall in AK is my favorite time of the day.
Crowds were low when we did it in December.

princess8813
08-21-2010, 11:25 AM
It is absolutely beautiful at night!! Definitely worth just walking through the park taking in all of the sights. Everest is awesome to ride at night as well!

WDWdriver
08-21-2010, 08:47 PM
If the park closes at 5:00, EMH will be until 8:00. The lighting of the Tree of Life and Expedition Everest is awesome!

JPL
08-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Everest at Night is the best ride at WDW :thumbsup: I rode it over and over with no wait at all! Even the DinoRama area of the park looks great all lit up!

MickeysEars
08-21-2010, 11:25 PM
We have NEVER been in AK after dark, every time we have been there the park has closed by 6 at the latest. On our trip in Dec. we decided to do one EMH evening and will be ther until 8...now I am excited. I LOVE finding something new to do while down there :thumbsup:

Cinderelley
08-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Glad to hear that it is so nice. We are trying it for the first time too.

DisneyDoug2
08-22-2010, 08:30 AM
AK at night is not to be missed! Make sure you get at least one ride on EE after dark.

2MuchWDFun
08-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Thank you for the great question and responses...we will definitely have to experience the AK EMH in December. Our family loves the AK.

Can't wait to see everything lit up.The decorated Christmas trees in Camp Minnie-Mickey would be beautiful to see!

Are there any areas that are closed during Evening EMH?

WDWdriver
08-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Are there any areas that are closed during Evening EMH?

Yes. Attractions with live animals will close before dark. So the Kilimanjaro Safari ride and the two walking trails (Pangani Forest Trail and the Maharajah Jungle Trek) will not be open. Rafiki's Planet Watch also closes early. If you want to experience these attractions you should arrive before EMH and do them first.

PopPhan
08-22-2010, 10:29 AM
This will be our first Evening EMH in AK this year. We have ADR at Yak & Yeti at 5:45pm, so will be able to watch it get dark in the park. Looking forward to a different experience!

disneykid99
08-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Thank you all for the great posts. This is such exciting news. I am so glad EMH are until 8. AK is not my families favorite park but I am really excited now. I think they are going to love it. EE will be a must for all of us especially DS and DH :thumbsup:

afowl1017
08-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Wow this was a great post. I have been going to WDW for many years on and off and I can not wait to try Extra Magic Hours at DAK for the first time on our trip in Sept!

We were going to by pass all of the p.m. EMHs because of our small children, except for DAKs! Disney parks at night are so very beautiful. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
08-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Great Thread! We have never been to AK in the evening because we thought it would close before dark...sounds like a "must do" for our New Year's trip. :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-24-2010, 11:31 AM
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT...

Here's my review of our AK EMH visit last October... http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=2030969#post2030969

elmjimmlm
08-24-2010, 01:55 PM
I would much rather be in AK after dark...The lighting is great and riding KRR after dark is the best...We did one year and rode it just as it was getting dark and the lights were not on yet...We got to ride down the drop almost in the dark...It was the best...:thumbsup:

mainemajor
08-29-2010, 10:24 AM
It is absolutely beautiful at night!! Definitely worth just walking through the park taking in all of the sights. Everest is awesome to ride at night as well!

:ditto:
I could not say it better.

artyboy
08-29-2010, 11:04 AM
AK after dark is amazing...we try to do it whenever they offer it!

IloveDisney71
08-29-2010, 07:20 PM
AK after dark is a totally different experience than AK during the day. The lighting and all of the landscaping give it a totally different look and feel. EE feels like a different ride at night too. If you've ever riden Splash Mt. or BTMRR at night, you understand how riding those at night is different than riding them during the day - EE is the same way. I like to just wander around AK at night. I've never seen it crowded like the other parks are during night-time EMH's so you can go at a slower pace and just take time to soak in the atmosphere.