PDA

View Full Version : 1 Park/Park Hopper Ticket Question

LSUJoe
08-20-2010, 09:21 AM
My wife and I have been discussing going to WDW in early February next year with our 3 yr old. My predicament is the following. We would like to spend 2 days at the Magic Kingdom. For our 3rd day, we would like to visit the other 3 parks. Can we get a 1 park ticket for the 1st two days and upgrade to a park hopper for the 3rd?

PopPhan
08-20-2010, 09:29 AM
The Park Hopper option is the same price whether it be added to a one day ticket or a 10 day ticket ==>> It is a flat fee of $54 plus tax.

Hope this helps.

Polynesian Dweller
08-20-2010, 09:33 AM
It's as PopPhan says, so you may as well get 3 day park hoppers. Who knows, you may use the extra flexibilty.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-20-2010, 12:30 PM
My wife and I have been discussing going to WDW in early February next year with our 3 yr old. My predicament is the following. We would like to spend 2 days at the Magic Kingdom. For our 3rd day, we would like to visit the other 3 parks. Can we get a 1 park ticket for the 1st two days and upgrade to a park hopper for the 3rd?

Just to make sure your clear, you DO NOT want to buy separate tickets for your trip, you will pay too much!

You will need a 3-day park-hooper for a total cost of $292.56 & $269.13 for EACH adult & child.

If you tried to buy separate tickets, it would cost you $313.86 & 288.30 each adult & child, an increase of $21.30 & $19.17 per adult & child.

HOWEVER, after re-reading you question, I am not sure if this is what you are asking. You might be asking can you buy a 3-day ticket up-front, and add the park hopper option later should you decide you need to? If that is what you are asking, than yes you can, for $54 a head.

No matter what you are asking, you need to buy ONLY one pass and make that one pass fit your needs. Trying to buy seperate passes will always cost you more money.

irish1967
08-20-2010, 07:10 PM
I know this isn't your question but wanted to point out that going to three parks in one day is quite a bit of work, even for me (a die-hard experienced Disney-type.)

I agree that with a 3 year old, MK will definitely be your top priority. But, you may want to consider doing MK and one other park all three days instead of MK two full days and the rest the third day.

Another thought. If you purchase the tickets with the park hopper option, instead of adding for your third day... you and your wife could split child care responsibilities and while your child is napping during the day, one of you could be experiencing the thrill rides at the MK or another park.

Have a great trip!