PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare Breakfast Review 08/05/2010

JPL
08-19-2010, 10:54 PM
We arrive at the GF around 8:15 for our 8:30 reservation and we were seated right away. Our server was a little slow with bringing us drinks and actually serviced a few tables that were seated after us first. At this point I didn't think this breakfast was going to go well. After we got our coffee and juice we headed to the buffet. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the offerings considering some of my recent breakfast buffet experiences. I start off with some Lobster Eggs Benedict which was very good. :tasty: I then had some scrambled eggs bacon, Hone fries and a Bagel with lox. All of which were very good and freshly made. They also had an omlet station which my cousin said was very good and the kids enjoyed eating off the Mickey shaped plates. I was about to pack it in and the waitress asked if we had any Strawberry Soup which I had forgotten all about. I will say it was delicious and a nice way to top off the meal. The Character action was very good and during our meal they acknowledged several birthdays and anniversaries. The Characters include Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Tigger, & Pooh. During the hour we spent at the restaurant the characters were already starting a 2nd time around the restaurant which was great because you didn't really have that rushed feeling. We all left stuffed and happy with the overall experience. I will say the $5 seasonal charge really made it less of a value but wouldn't stop me from returning in the future. I think this restaurant is often overlooked with people choosing Chef Mickey's and the Crystal Palace when thinking of a Character Meal near the Magic Kingdom.

lighteningqueen
08-19-2010, 11:17 PM
I think so too. It has great offerings and good food. I love the characters there. Chef Mickeys is bottom of my list went once and the food was very bland and cold on the buffet. Characters came around often but the food is what we think is over priced for the taste and offerings. Our best choice is Tusker, 1900, Crystal palace, then chefs if you just cannot get anywhere else.

Mickey'sGirl
08-20-2010, 08:05 AM
I agree with you Jeff. One of our favourite breakfast experiences ever was at 1900 PF. (And the Lobster Benedict IS very good!) :thumbsup: Thanks for the feedback!

gauvin4
08-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Glad to hear you enjoyed the experience! I have been debating about doing this breakfast on our next trip. Can you tell me what characters were there?

Thank you!

lighteningqueen
08-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Alice, Mad Hatter Mary Poppins Pooh and Tiger were there when we went. Wonderful strawberry soup....Love the feel of the Grand Floridian

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I didn't know you got Pooh and Tigger too...we had decided to do CP next time for breakfast, but I think you just changed my mind:mickey:

lighteningqueen
08-20-2010, 12:24 PM
You do and the food is really good there. But do try Tusker Breakfast if you haven't. It is the best by far. The eggs are sooooo good so is the juice. Really the whole thing and the characters are Daisy Donald, Goofy Pluto, Mickey.. It is so much fun there and they come around several times and the wait staff makes sure they do not miss you if you are up at the buffet getting food. They bring them back to your table when you get back.. Its so nice to be in the AK park early in the morning you hear all the birds and wildlife. And its cooler

Kathy Jetson
09-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the review we will be eating there for the 1st time in Oct. Ds will be celebrating his 7th birthday there can you tell me what they do for birthdays?

forever a child
09-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the review. Will be eating there for the first time in December, can't wait!:santa3:

tinksmom02
09-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the review! I think 1900 is one of the best breakfast buffets at WDW...we always enjoy our meal there!

Strange, but we weren't as impressed with the dinner buffet.

BluewaterBrad
09-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Yes, the Lobster Eggs Benedict is VERY good!! Thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

SBETigg
09-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the review. I haven't tried this one yet, but I do love the Grand Floridian Cafe.

jillluvsdisney
09-02-2010, 05:42 PM
We ate breakfast there 08-17-10. My review was very similar to yours. The food was excellent. Character interaction and service was great. I kind of hope it remains "overlooked" in favor of Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. I had 2 bad experiences there so this last breakfast was a great experience.

Susan A
09-03-2010, 11:21 PM
I have 2 questions about the characters. Is the Mad Hatter a "face" character, like Mary Poppins? I'm afraid my daughter might be afraid of him. Also, which dress does Mary Poppins wear?
I can almost taste the strawberry soup!:mickey:

JerseyDad
09-04-2010, 12:57 AM
I have 2 questions about the characters. Is the Mad Hatter a "face" character, like Mary Poppins? I'm afraid my daughter might be afraid of him. Also, which dress does Mary Poppins wear?
I can almost taste the strawberry soup!:mickey:

....1900 Park Fare is a "must do" tradition with us for every visit to the WDW. In fact...I'm here (at POP) now...and had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare two days ago. Mad Hatter was there....wears "the hat"...a wig...and a big nose. Mary Poppins....wore the white dress...red/white tied belt sash...and white sheer lace scarf tied hat (very proper she was.....indeed!) Tigger, Pooh were also present this time. We've also been there when Tweedle Dee & Dum made appearances as well as Peter Pan and Captn. Hook. (Peter scared the heck out of the little ones when he let out a rooster-crow....cockle-dooodle-dooo!!!)

....the food..as always....was phenomenal....and I loved the Lobster Eggs Benedict and the smoked salmon.