PDA

View Full Version : Have reservation, but still can apply new promo code?

jennsky
08-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Howdy! I took advantage of the bounceback offer before I left from my last vacation in November '09, but now I see with the lastest special offers, that I can save a wee bit. Can I just call and have them apply that promo code to my current reservation? They'll do that, right? :confused:

faline
08-19-2010, 08:07 PM
It depends. You might have to book a new reservation with the special offer you're looking at (If so, make sure you do that before you cancel your existing reservation so you're sure there is still availability).

We did this on our last trip. We had an existng reservation for Bay Lake Tower. When we were there in May, we got a bounceback offer and we were able to rebook our Bay Lake Tower stay and then cancel our existing Bay Lake Tower reservation.

TammiMcMan
08-20-2010, 01:33 AM
This always scares me, because I've seen so many horror stories from guests who lost their reservation completely and had all kinds of trouble getting any type of discount back. Disney's system is just not setup to apply things to current reservations. As Linda mentioned, it usually entails having to cancel your existing reservation and booking a brand new one (fee's could be involved with that depending on your timetable). If you're able to, I would contact Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com) and see if they can help you out. It would definitely give me piece of mind.

If not, be sure to go through everything, step by step with CRO when you call them.

retiredfigment
08-20-2010, 07:21 AM
When I have booked through AAA and a discount came through, they were always able to apply the discount. This year we had a 4 night stay at POR booked. Then a discount came along. I called reservations figuring, 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'. I had to change to POFQ, but saved over $250. They were very nice and it was not difficult. Try anything, get quotes, you never know.:thumbsup:

Mogie
08-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Agreed. Some hotels will just give u the better price. But others need to cancel your reservation and book a new one..meanwhile the hotel might fikl up in betweeen. I recommend caling at an odd hour, like late at night or early in the morning when the chances of others making reservations at the same time is low.

BugeyedMuggy
08-20-2010, 09:42 AM
We always keep up on discounts and apply the latest & greatest. Just be sure to get a confirmation number & print it out. We have a folder with all the old & new ressies & bring it with us when checking in. That way if there is a mix-up on Disney's part with the print out they would have to honor it or upgrade you.

jennsky
08-20-2010, 05:28 PM
UPDATE: So I called this morning, and it was as simple as pie! Just gave them the code, they applied it to my reservation, and she says I will receive a credit on my Visa for the difference (I had paid in full already). Easy breezy! :number1:

TheVBs
08-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Great news! :mickey: I've always had great luck calling and getting a promotion or pin code applied.

CleveRocks
08-21-2010, 07:51 AM
The only way you would NOT be able to take advantage of a new promotion is if there are no more rooms available for that promotional price.