PDA

View Full Version : CS in AK

Guya103
08-19-2010, 05:24 PM
We were planning to eat a CS lunch at AK next week at Flame Tree BBQ and have a dinner reservation for Boma. With Flame Tree BBQ being closed, where would you suggest for a CS lunch? We plan to go into the park at lunch time because there are evening EMH until 8pm. We could also eat lunch at CBR where we will be staying. Opinions please!:mickey:

AnnaMom
08-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Yak & Yeti has really food. We ate their last year and really enjoyed it. Two people can share on entree they give you a lot of food. Only bad thing is the seating area is outside.

faline
08-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Pizzafari has some really yummy sandwiches.

sassy2000
08-19-2010, 09:03 PM
We like both Pizzafari and Yak & Yeti. Pizzafari has really good sandwiches. I like Yak & Yeti because I can get an order of fried rice and egg rolls as snacks and split them with my son for lunch. The only downfall to Yak & Yeti is the seating which is all outside. If it is rainy or really hot, I would skip it.

Briansmom
08-19-2010, 09:21 PM
How long is Flame Tree BBQ closed??

JPL
08-19-2010, 10:41 PM
That's really a tough call since Flame Tree is really the only good CS in AK. Not a fan of Pizzafari or Restaurantasaurus. I like the food at Yak & Yeti TS but don't like the seating area for the CS so never tried it.

KylesMom
08-19-2010, 11:21 PM
We enjoy Pizzafari for what it is . . . a quick bite to eat and an A/C break in the heat. We tried another "quick bite" this trip on another day when we knew we were eating a nice TS - not in an air-conditioned building. Not worth it - the hot dogs were cold, the buns were hard & the service was awful. Not to mention it was REALLY hot outside & very uncomfortable.

Last year, we ate at Y&Y TS. While the food was good & service great, it wasn't worth the bill that we paid in our minds. Perhaps not an issue if you're on the dining plan . . .
and you're looking for CS. Could be REALLY uncomfortable sitting in the heat for CS.

MuchLovedMama
08-20-2010, 04:44 PM
We like Pizzafari too.

slheflin
08-31-2010, 01:45 PM
My question too - Flame Tree is closed??? We'll be there this weekend and were hoping to hit this for an early dinner!

hlkeck
09-02-2010, 06:42 AM
Flame tree reopens on Sept. 19th. Of course, my day to be at AK is Sept. 18th! ;) Ah well...Pizzafari it is!

MuchLovedMama
09-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Flame tree reopens on Sept. 19th. Of course, my day to be at AK is Sept. 18th! ;) Ah well...Pizzafari it is!

It was actually bumped back to the 25th. That cancels it as an option for me too.

Briansmom
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
It was actually bumped back to the 25th. That cancels it as an option for me too.

Whew...I hope they don't bump it back anymore cuz the 26th is our first AK day of our trip and we are looking forward to going back to Flame Tree again.

SBETigg
09-02-2010, 03:20 PM
We did Restaurantasaurus for the air-conditioning. My husband was having trouble with the August heat and we needed AC as often as possible to keep him happy. Standard QS offerings, nothing special, but it was cool and comfortable.

BrerGnat
09-02-2010, 04:24 PM
We've always liked Pizzafari. Good sandwiches, salads, and yes, we even eat the pizza. I like that the pizza is always fresh and hot here. And, there's AMPLE indoor seating in nice, cold rooms. That alone makes it worth visiting on a hot day.