PDA

View Full Version : ALWAYS Keep Trying!

disneykid@hrt
08-19-2010, 05:09 PM
:mickey: We decided to go on a last minute trip a few weeks back and I really wanted to get atleast one character meal in there- and I really wanted Akershus at Epcot. I tried pretty much everyday (over the internet system) and couldn't get one. Then magically on Tuesday night an early dinner popped up for Saturday!! SO the point is that even if you are only days away and you have your heart set on an ADR... don't give up!! :thumbsup:

faline
08-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Glad you got the reservation you wanted! I agree - you should keep trying. we had a similar experience last December when trying to get a breakfast reservation for Chef Mickey's.

TheVBs
08-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Congratulations! So glad you got the meal you wanted. :mickey:

disneymomma2010
08-19-2010, 05:42 PM
from what i have been reading in different posts, its looks like if you are gonna find an opening, it happens just days before you leave. Has anyone got lucky with it months away?

Disneydonna4
08-19-2010, 07:57 PM
we are going in early december and last saturday we:mickey: got in le cellier- we were shocked when there was an opening. never give up!!! keep trying-wishes do come true. :party:

faline
08-19-2010, 08:13 PM
we are going in early december and last saturday we:mickey: got in le cellier- we were shocked when there was an opening. never give up!!! keep trying-wishes do come true. :party:

Yay for you! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Briansmom
08-19-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm hoping to be one of these success stories....I keep trying everyday for Le Cellier!

jarajam
08-19-2010, 09:39 PM
so true! We are going Sept 5-10 and I just got Le Cellier for dinner on the 7th, yesterday. Hope we love it!

Mary Poppins fan
08-23-2010, 12:04 PM
We had a last minute trip too and things started to open up about a week before we left. If the on-line ADRs don't work, check with the concierge to see if anything has opened up! :fingers:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm on the other side of the coin...

We had tons of ADR's for sit down meals - pretty desirable ones too - that I got the morning we could make them online. Well, now that we are a short 7.5 weeks out, we are really into planning mode and decided that we didn't want all the sit down meals and cancelled all but 2.

I wanted to do it as soon as we made up our mind to because I figured there had to be an Intercotee who wanted one of my ressies!!:thumbsup:

So, if you know you'll be skipping out on one of your ressies, make sure to call/log on and cancel.

Thanks!

LudwigVonDrake
08-24-2010, 09:05 PM
I ALWAYS tell people to keep calling and checking the website. Something may open up at the last minute! :wave:

pokci
08-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Just got Le Cellier for dinner December 1! I've been checking the last few weeks and then tonight, it showed up! :thumbsup:

Disney Lover72
08-25-2010, 05:46 PM
OH DisneyDonna4 I sure hope that happens to us with Le Cell. I try daily! This thread give me hope!:thumbsup:

faline
08-25-2010, 06:36 PM
OH DisneyDonna4 I sure hope that happens to us with Le Cell. I try daily! This thread give me hope!:thumbsup:

Even if you don't get a reservation, you can still try for walk-up status. This can get a bit tricky and you'll need to be prepared to be rejected and will depend a lot on the size of your party. Still, I'd suggest showing up shortly before official opening time and asking nicely what the chances are of being seated as a walk-in.