PDA

View Full Version : Once in a lifetime

BellesRose
08-19-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm a big fan of Disney. I live less than 2 hours away, so I take one or two trips a year and spend the night for one night. But I've never had a real vacation. I've been to other states to visit family, but that doesn't count as a real vacation either.

My dad gets one week off every year, but we can't really afford to go anywhere so we always stay at home and just hang out. We had planned on using this years vacation for a trip to see family this Christmas. But his boss just told him he needs to take his vacation in 2 weeks or so.

WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!! I always get excited for my little day trips, but for once in my life, I get to actually plan a real trip to Disney! I finally understand why everyone on here gets so excited for trips that over a year away...I finally understand the obsession. Not that I didn't "get it" before, but it's so much more real to me now!

There's one BIG problem though: Money. We have to borrow in order to take the trip, so we're praying everything works out. I'm almost afraid to start planning...don't want to get my hopes up!

Kim Possible
08-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Congrats on hopefully getting to spend some time with your dad! Mine travels so much that I barely get to see him, so I guess I can say I know the feeling. I really hope it all works out for you because family time in Disney is the best, IMO!

BellesRose
08-19-2010, 04:02 PM
It looks like we are able to go! And it's just in time because my dad is going to start a new job and he is going to travel a lot, as well. My brother and I are in our early twenties, and this may be our only chance at a real vacation with our parents. We're all so excited!

Kim Possible
08-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Aww yay! I'm 20 so being in college makes it even harder to see my father, so I'm really excited that him and I are going in October for 3 days! Even though it's only 3 days it's still time I get to spend with dad!

BellesRose
08-19-2010, 04:22 PM
That is awesome! You're gonna have so much fun! I also noticed you'll be there in September when I'm there :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-19-2010, 04:27 PM
You will have a great time. There are so many money saving tips on here for you to research!

On a side note, I travel for work and have had so many airline and hotel points that I've been able to get free airline tickets and hotel stays. My DH and I have been able to visit Disney because of the points earned during work trips.

I hope that the travel your dad will be doing will allow him to keep his points and eventually have enough points to be able to do Disney trips in the future for free!

Have fun and enjoy planning... it's way more fun to do the planning instead of reading about people planning.

Kim Possible
08-19-2010, 04:49 PM
That is awesome! You're gonna have so much fun! I also noticed you'll be there in September when I'm there :mickey:

OMG thats awesome! Since I'll be by myself we should meet up possibly? I'm mainly going just to see the passholder preview of the tink move haha, i'm such a kid

BellesRose
08-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Have fun and enjoy planning... it's way more fun to do the planning instead of reading about people planning.
Thank you! My mom woke me up this morning with the news..obviously I was skeptical but we are definitely able to go (Got the money and time off work) so I've been going back and forth...I'm a big planner in general so my parents are leaving everything up to me! No pressure or anything :drama:

BellesRose
08-19-2010, 05:32 PM
OMG thats awesome! Since I'll be by myself we should meet up possibly? I'm mainly going just to see the passholder preview of the tink move haha, i'm such a kid
I'm not sure my parents will go for that unless I can talk them into going to the preview lol. When I was 17, my entire room was decorated with Tink! So we'll see!

Kim Possible
08-19-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure my parents will go for that unless I can talk them into going to the preview lol. When I was 17, my entire room was decorated with Tink! So we'll see!

haha, awesome, i have little wall decals over my room haha, and it did sell out within 10 mins, so keep checking back if you decide to go. i'm going the 11th at 2pm, so yeah if you can get into that show yay!! haha

BellesRose
08-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Ah, well the trip looks like it's going to be a lot shorter than expected so I won't be there now...have fun though!

Kim Possible
08-19-2010, 08:22 PM
At least you are still going! HAVe lotsa fun!