PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Constuction??

Guya103
08-19-2010, 01:20 PM
We leave for the World in only six days!:cloud9:
I just read on another site that Main Steet has been undergoing lots of construction in preperataion for the 40th anniversary. The site said that there were tarps covering several of the buildings:confused: Is this true?!? I think this would take away so much from the wonderful atmosphere. Any idea when this is to be completed or if it will be going on the end of August and beginning of September?

everyonesmadhere
08-19-2010, 01:52 PM
We leave for the World in only six days!:cloud9:
I just read on another site that Main Steet has been undergoing lots of construction in preperataion for the 40th anniversary. The site said that there were tarps covering several of the buildings:confused: Is this true?!? I think this would take away so much from the wonderful atmosphere. Any idea when this is to be completed or if it will be going on the end of August and beginning of September?

Yes, everywhere is under a lot of construction, including the castle.

disneymom15
08-19-2010, 01:55 PM
If memory serves my correctly, the tarps covering the construction sites look just like the buildings. They're not an eye sore.

BellesRose
08-19-2010, 02:10 PM
How long will this be going on for? Anyone know when they should be finished?

Guya103
08-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks! I saw a picture that showed tunnels, if you will, that look like they could be a bit of a hassle. Is Fantasyland the only other land in MK currently undergoing construction that is obvious?

Melanie
08-19-2010, 09:49 PM
The castle is done, if memory serves correct.

The scrims on Main Street are themed (to the actual building they are covering), so it really doesn't take away too much from the atmosphere. Better than the old blue tarps they used to have!

KylesMom
08-19-2010, 09:58 PM
As of 12 days ago, while there were buildings that had highly decorated scrims around them on Main Street, they certainly couldn't be considered tarps. It sure didn't ruin the magic for us! All of our pictures can attest that nothing was up around the castle - it was beautiful! :mickey:

JPL
08-19-2010, 10:00 PM
When I was there on August 4th the only buildings covered were the Plaza and Casey's So they only work on 1 or 2 buildings at a time so it's not too bad. The work on the Castle has been complete for some time now.

DisneyorBust
08-20-2010, 09:01 PM
WOW! My DW and I enjoyed a brief visit this past February and the facade was covering up the Plaza restaurant. There must be some significant refurbishments going on. Any one know what the inside word is?

Suz36
08-20-2010, 10:05 PM
I believe there may be some small scrims up on Liberty Tree Tavern as well. It amazes me how much detail Disney puts into these!

Guya103
08-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Glad to hear that the Castle work is done. Sounds like the construction is up to Disney's high standards. Thanks!:mickey:

Imagineer1981
08-23-2010, 01:16 PM
I really like the photo real scrims, it helps keep the magic alive!