PDA

View Full Version : Returned From Wilderness Lodge

jonahbear2006
08-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Loved it x 100. Fantastic resort. Loved the smallness of the grounds, the pool was superb, the staff was on top of things and very sweet, and the food was great. We were upgraded to the bunkbed rooms for free and also recieved free internet throughout our stay. The lady at the front desk was tickled by our family and gave them bunk beds. It was wonderful. We were pleasantly suprised when we entered our rooms. Also recieved photos of mickey with discounted photo passes and towel animals. It was a very magical trip, with the exception of my 3 yr old son was out on the balcony with my other children and we looked away for 2 min, just to look back and he was leaning over the edge. That scared us like crazy. Next time we will request a first floor room. I am suprised that they havent had an accident in the past with the furniture out there, that gives kids something to climb on. On a lighter note, we did the DVC tour again and were very happy with it and cannot wait to spend the next 52 years with our kids in Disney World. We loved the hawaii resort package hope DVC is all we dreamed it would be. Can't wait to pool hop! We will be buying in next spring, as a gift to all 7 of us. No more 2 rooms at $240 and up a piece!!!

faline
08-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Sounds like it was a wonderful trip! Good luck with your DVC purchase!

BluewaterBrad
08-18-2010, 03:04 PM
:thumbsup::mickey:

Joannelet
08-18-2010, 03:56 PM
omg what a scary moment that must have been with your 3 yo son!!
My sister and her family love Wilderness Lodge too. I have never stayed there but I would love to.
Welcome to DVC! :)

jonahbear2006
08-19-2010, 01:28 AM
thank you! We are very excited. So glad we had a successful trip. We took a 1mth old and were kinda concerned about how it was going to go with it being summer and the grandparents going for their first trip. A lot of things went into this going one way or the other. The grandparents loved it and cannot wait to return. Baby did great and I can't wait to see his face light up on the next trip. I have always wanted to try wilderness lodge since I stayed at the yellowstone lodge as a child and was thoroughly impressed with this resort. Everything was very clean and new looking and the maids did a great job everyday. BTW, I want some comforters like that, that have the elastic and just pull over the bed! How NICE!

RedSoxFan
08-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Glad you enjoyed your WL stay. I can't wait to stay there for the first time in December --- sounds great!!:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-19-2010, 12:23 PM
I love falling in love with disney every trip!

Welcome Home to DVC! You will love it.

buzznwoodysmom
08-19-2010, 01:04 PM
So glad you loved WL. Its our favorite. Our family considers WL our "WDW home". We don't stay there on every trip, but we do try to visit on every trip and as soon as we walk through those doors into that amazing lobby we all feel like we are "home". We love the smallness of it as well, and their bus stops are the best. I love being able to get off the bus, walk completely under cover and right into the lobby and up to the room. I think that's why we love WL so much. We like the interior feel of the place. I hope you guys enjoy DVC!

KylesMom
08-19-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm so glad that you enjoyed WL - sounds like you had a great time! :mickey:

jonahbear2006
08-19-2010, 08:50 PM
thank you everybody. already enjoying the warm welcomes we get from dvc.

LudwigVonDrake
08-20-2010, 06:22 AM
I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge six weeks ago and LOVED IT!! I'm going back next year :wave:

Dragongirlx
08-20-2010, 09:30 AM
I am so glad you had a good time there. Wilderness Lodge is my favourite resort. I love that everything is so close togethe, I love the shop, I love the restaurants and just the whole feel of the place

AntMagsMom
08-23-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm so glad to hear you had a great trip. We just book a last minute WL trip for September and now we're just crossing our fingers on the weather!!

LudwigVonDrake
08-29-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm so glad to hear you had a great trip. We just book a last minute WL trip for September and now we're just crossing our fingers on the weather!!

Have a great trip!! If you haven't stayed at WL yet you'll love it. The boat to the MK is relaxing and you get some views you wouldn't normally get :wave: