PDA

View Full Version : Does free dining apply?

ANG
08-18-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm assuming since we don't pay out of pocket for the resort on our stay, the free dining doesn't apply to DVC members?

DVC2004
08-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Correct- free dining is not available when using DVC points. Only part of booking a MYW package with room and tickets. You can still purchase the dining plan however; it's just not free.

jonsmom
08-18-2010, 09:47 AM
THat really stinks - one big reason why I DVC was not for me.

jonahbear2006
08-18-2010, 11:23 AM
I used to feel that way, as well, however, I have changed my tune and now to the point where I dislike disney giving away free dining packages. It effects the food quality and can be rather upsetting to those who do not get these discounts, like dvc and passholders. They are the people holding this place together and yet they arent getting the good discounts.

jonsmom
08-18-2010, 04:03 PM
I used to feel that way, as well, however, I have changed my tune and now to the point where I dislike disney giving away free dining packages. It effects the food quality and can be rather upsetting to those who do not get these discounts, like dvc and passholders. They are the people holding this place together and yet they arent getting the good discounts.

I agree with you, Jonahbear.

We are travelling in April during the blackout period. We are paying more for hotel & airfare and get nothing back. I think this weill be our last april in WDW.

Joannelet
08-18-2010, 04:17 PM
I get so mad when people say that they are charging the highest prices for the rooms during the times they give free dining. my sister who takes advantage of the free dining times (I cannot because I am a DVC member) has a total ($) that is not that far off from what I pay for tickets and meals for my trip!!! and her hotel is included as well as her tickets and meals with the free dining!
She said she doesn't see that much of a price difference so I don't understand the rack rates that everyone talks about.
I was also told by DVC that they get complaints all the time and that they would be STOPPING the free dining offers...that was 2 years ago...now they've extended it to the general public :(
It is really upsetting.

laprana
08-18-2010, 05:06 PM

I totally agree! The only thing DVC members get from the Free Dining offers is a lot more headaches trying to make ADRs! And here I thought Disney was going to scale back its discounts by the end of this year! :confused: