PDA

View Full Version : Add a ride....

foolishmortal83
08-17-2010, 11:55 PM
If you could add ONE ride to any theme park. What would the ride be, and where?:mickey:

foolishmortal83
08-17-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm still thinking...I haven't figured out mine yet...I want it to be good :)

hauntedmansiongirl
08-18-2010, 12:26 AM
I would love to see some kind of CARS dark ride that toured you through a race, the desert and the town. It would work well at DHS right on Pixar Place near TSM. :mickey:

Greenlawler
08-18-2010, 01:25 AM
I have said for years I would like a dark ride that was built to honor a lot of the films you see little refrence to in the parks.

My ride would go something like....A few Disney villains steal the sword from "Sword in the Stone" and hide it somewhere in the Disney universe. Merlin teleports each rider through a time tunnel that allows them to travel to different places. You would then be taken through scenes from various films like Robin Hood, Rescuers, Hercules, Black Cauldron, Atalntis, Jungle Book...whatever. In each seen the villains would be there moving the sword. Finally you would catch up to them and with Merlin or even Mickey's help take the sword back.

Mickey91
08-18-2010, 06:13 AM
I would like to see the tomorrow speedway turned into Radiator Springs. All the cars would be from Cars and Towmater would drive backward! :mickey:

W24toISMdirect
08-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Wooden Roller Coaster. Lot of things to theme it around too.

W24toISMdirect
08-18-2010, 08:23 AM
I would like to see the tomorrow speedway turned into Radiator Springs. All the cars would be from Cars and Towmater would drive backward! :mickey:

Also this.

W24toISMdirect
08-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Also... some Imaginative done with Journey into Imagination.

Evil Genius
08-18-2010, 09:41 AM
I would love to see TDS's Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction cloned in Animal Kingdom! That thing is incredible!

Speaking of incredible...I think a flying coaster themed to The Incredibles in DHS would be amazing!

foolishmortal83
08-18-2010, 09:56 AM
I have said for years I would like a dark ride that was built to honor a lot of the films you see little refrence to in the parks.

My ride would go something like....A few Disney villains steal the sword from "Sword in the Stone" and hide it somewhere in the Disney universe. Merlin teleports each rider through a time tunnel that allows them to travel to different places. You would then be taken through scenes from various films like Robin Hood, Rescuers, Hercules, Black Cauldron, Atalntis, Jungle Book...whatever. In each seen the villains would be there moving the sword. Finally you would catch up to them and with Merlin or even Mickey's help take the sword back.

Would it be an actual ride-thru or would it just be a giant screen. I find the actual scenes in ride-thru's to be much better than putting someone in front of a screen and having them watch a movie...haha

EpcotChic23
08-18-2010, 09:58 AM
My DH and I loved the Indiana Jones ride in DL. We would love that to come to DHS.

foolishmortal83
08-18-2010, 10:04 AM
I think I would like to see a dark scary ride for Alice. I know at DL they have one. But for the life of me I can't remember anything about it...it was pretty boring. I'm more of a WDW fan anyway. Anyhoo...
I would make it a boat ride, each boat shaped like the caterpillar. And you would travel through dark the dark forest, going through scenes with the Mad Hatter, Tweedles, etc...all characters. And at the end we get to the Red Queens castle, and there is a big drop (a splash mountain kind of drop), as your going up to the top she's follwing you up there trying to stop you, "Off with you head!"...big sword comes down, but we go over the falls JUST in time...LOL This may be far fetched..but that's the ride I would like to see.

I have always liked Alice in Wonderland...and it definitely needs to be a part of WDW magic. Especially since the new Movie (johnny depp) is out.

Also, Snow white needs a face life!!! That ride reminds me of a carnival ride @ the county fair. :mickey:

Greenlawler
08-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Would it be an actual ride-thru or would it just be a giant screen. I find the actual scenes in ride-thru's to be much better than putting someone in front of a screen and having them watch a movie...haha

it would be like the new Harry Potter ride a little of both.

BigRedDad
08-18-2010, 02:04 PM
I would build a massive hyper-coaster around the entire MK. It will be Villain-esque. Its been nearly 30 years since a good ride has come to MK.

xo0ally
08-18-2010, 02:09 PM
No idea what my ride would be but i would love to see something with the villians, or an Alice ride or lion king :)

Evil Genius
08-18-2010, 02:17 PM
I would build a massive hyper-coaster around the entire MK. It will be Villain-esque. Its been nearly 30 years since a good ride has come to MK.

Splash Mountain isn't near that old!

Or how about Buzz?

sassy2000
08-18-2010, 02:26 PM
HS definitely needs more rides. I would like to see something else geared towards Pixar movies. An Incredibles roller coaster would be good.

dobby2010
08-18-2010, 05:08 PM
I'd love to see space mountain re-themed a bit and have it include scenes of wall-e and eve dancing in space around you as you zoom by. I know it wont happen since they just fixed it up. Otherwise a whole new wall-e ride. It is by far my favorite disney movie.

BigRedDad
08-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Splash Mountain isn't near that old!

Or how about Buzz?

I said good, but I should have said innovative. Buzz, Splash Mountain are nothing new and definitely not thrilling. They are enjoyable. They are as good as what can be found at any run of the mill park.

Innovative Rides: Space Mountain ~35 years ago, BTMRR ~28 years ago, ToT, RnR.

Joannelet
08-18-2010, 08:34 PM
I agree...I have been saying for years that they need to make the Grand Prix Race Cars into the cars from the movie.
I think it's great that someone said that Mater should drive backwards!! :) Love that idea! :)

Pop Centurion
08-18-2010, 11:04 PM
I posted this in another thread.

Sleeping Beauty is long overdue for a ride. I think it's a shame to ignore a classic like that.

I think they should make a ride similar to the Dragon Encounter on the Blu-Ray. You're ride would travel down a long dark corridor within Maleficent's castle all the while hearing the dragon breathing from different directions. Eventually you'd enter a large chamber where torches on the walls would suddenly illuminate the entire room. The breathing of the dragon would get closer as you hear pounding foot steps and loud roars. Suddenly all the gates from the surrounding doors would slam closed except for the one straight ahead. You'd then see the green glowing eyes of the dragon in the distance of the corridor ahead. Then you'd hear another loud roar from the dragon as it breathes fire down the corridor towards you. Suddenly the lights go out and you see the glowing eyes start to come down the corridor as the breathing and roars get louder as it gets closer. Just as the dragon reaches the room you're in the lights would come back on and you see the dragon standing tall & thrashing forward, ready to breathe fire on the ride car. Then a large cage would drop down trapping the dragon before it could strike. Then the gates would reopen and the ride would travel backwards down the corridor in which it entered until you reach the loading area again.

Would probably be way to scary for kids but would be awesome non the less. Could be Disney's greatest animatronic to date.

Would be perfect in Fantasy Land.

Also a ride similar to the GMR except it would be more of a journey through Disney animation history would be cool.

Evil Genius
08-19-2010, 09:04 AM
I said good, but I should have said innovative. Buzz, Splash Mountain are nothing new and definitely not thrilling. They are enjoyable. They are as good as what can be found at any run of the mill park.

Innovative Rides: Space Mountain ~35 years ago, BTMRR ~28 years ago, ToT, RnR.

I'll have to respectfully disagree.

Splash Mountain, while at face value may appear to just be a flume attraction, is one of the most complete attractions designed in any Disney park. The themeing from begining of the cue through the entire ride is phenomenal and the story told throughout the ride itself is beyond compare! Plus the thing is HUGE! I mean you're getting a lot of bang for your buck!

Buzz was quite innovative as well. In fact it was one of (if not the first) attraction of it's kind and set a standard for interactive dark rides that has been a bench mark leading to further innovations such as Toy Story Mania.

I'm not trying to shout you down or anything. Just had to put in my two cents or so. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
08-20-2010, 06:19 AM
Alice in Wonderland in MK or Carsland in Pixar Place at DHS :mickey:

AdventurerKim
08-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Pixar 3D movie with the Pixar characters in DHS would be awesome!:thumbsup:

MickeysEars
08-21-2010, 11:31 PM
the Test Track-ish ride/Radiator Springs Land they are adding to California Adventure would be GREAT to add to DHS.