PDA

View Full Version : Planning Trip from 11/11-11/15 - Help me!

AllyMouse
08-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi All,

Spending a long weekend down in Disney Nov. 11-15. We're (my BF and I, both 29) staying at The Swan. We did a similar quick trip last fall. We are major foodies and I need help deciding where to dine. Last year we ate at Il Mulino at The Swan, Bistro de Paris (upstairs) and Narcoosee's. I also would appreciate any comments on the itinerary in General. We are not renting a car.

We arrive at 11:30 am on Thursday, so we'll have most of the day free to explore, walk around the Boardwalk/Beach Club area (maybe get a burger at Beaches and Cream), head to Downtown Disney. Any suggestions for dinner in the area? Since we are not bound to a park, we can go anywhere. I was thinking about doing a late dinner at Il Mulino (it was one of the best meals of our lives) and then hanging out on the Boardwalk afterwards. I have also heard great things about Portabellos, and I remember Fouton's Crab House from my youth. Any thoughts?

Here was my idea for the remainder of the trip:

Day 2 - Friday
EARLY -Take cab (?) to Universal. Do Universal and Harry Potter. Can we do all of this in one day? Thinking it is slow season so we should be able to.
Where to eat dinner? Stay at Universal and do City Walk? Head back to resort and do Il Mulino this night instead? Maybe the Yachtsmen Steak House? Never been.

Day 3 - Saturday
MK. Extra Magic Hour keeps the park open until 1 am. So we could go, leave and then come back. So looking for something close by Narcoosee's was just OK so we wouldn't want to repeat that. BF has been to California Grill and when I mentioned going there he just said, "eh."

Day 4- Sunday
Epcot all day. The idea is to book at late reservation, around 9, to mazximize our time in the park. We did this last year at the Bistro and watched the fireworks out the window. Amazing. This is also our last night. I'd like to go somewhere new perhaps. I've never done Canada. China a long time ago, would try the new Italy but I've got a lot of other Italian options on this trip. Germany sounds good but it's not really "romantic." I guess it doesn't have to be.... what about the Coral Reef? Any other ideas would be great.

I know we are cutting MGM (or the studios as it's now called, sorry it will always be MGM to me!) but I REALLY wanted to go to Harry Potter, and I have not been to Universal in YEARS.

So what do you all think? Am I nuts?