PDA

View Full Version : The Future World of EPCOT Center Books...

Tekneek
08-17-2010, 01:29 PM
I've recently revisited a few books that were released by Walt Disney Productions in 1984, that go along with a few of the pavilions and the concept of what EPCOT Center was intended to be at the time. The books are: The Future World of Energy, The Future World of Transportation, and The Future World of Agriculture. These are serious books dealing with each category, including details about the related pavilions (Universe of Energy, World of Motion, and The Land) as well as the history, present issues, and a look to the future.

It seems like the higher brow concepts around Epcot have long since been buried, but revisiting these books reminds me of a time when it was supposed to be about more than thrill rides.

As best as I can find, they have never printed updated editions of these books. Has anyone heard about the possibility of such a thing? Anyone else here remember the books and read them as well?

DizneyRox
08-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Where to obtain these books of which you speak?

Tekneek
08-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Where to obtain these books of which you speak?

At this point, you will have to buy them second hand through places like eBay or Amazon Marketplace. You might also check your library system. If you search for the titles on Google, you will get some hits at Amazon (but not for new copies) and a few other places.

DizneyRox
08-17-2010, 07:31 PM
That's not a problem, I did an Amazon search and didn't see anything, I'll check again. Picked up "Walt Disney's EPCOT Center: Creating the new world of tomorrow" the same way, these appear as though they might compliment that book.

Tekneek
08-17-2010, 08:38 PM
I sent you a PM with some links that might help.

They do go well with that book. In fact, I had read that book right before reading these again. Another great thing about that EPCOT book are the references to attractions that were never built (particularly in World Showcase).