PDA

View Full Version : Here are my ADR's for our 9 day trip to the world

brivers222
08-17-2010, 12:49 PM
My parents gave us an engagement gift of a free hotel for our length of stay... Its offsite but I figure we are driving down anyways so we don't have to rent a car and/or pay for plan tickets... So really all we are spending is Food and Tickets. Here is my list of ADRs for our trip.... any comments, suggestions, concerns?! * = Paid for so not negotiable :lol:

Day 1:
(D)1900 Park Fare Dinner

Day 2:
(L)Chefs De France
(D)San Angel Inn

Day 3:
(L) CS at AK
(D) CS at MNSSHP *

Day 4:
(L) 50's Prime Time
(D) Boma

Day 5:
(L) Crystal Palace
(D) CS at MK

Day 6:
(L) Sci-Fi Dine In
(D) Ohana

Day 7: (Friday is hawaiian shirt day!!!)
(B) Ohana
(D) Spirit of Aloha *

Day 8: (our 1 year Engagement anniversary)
(B) 1900 Park Fare
(D) Cinderellas Royal Table *

Day 9: (Last day)
(D) Garden Grill

Eponine
08-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Great choices!!!!

And congrats on the 1 year anniversary of your engagement.

BigThunderFan
08-17-2010, 08:22 PM
That is A LOT of food! All great choices though, you will definitely enjoy yourselves!

Congratulations! :mickey:

Pop Centurion
08-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Great choices. CRT on you anniversary should turn out to be really special. Enjoy.

brivers222
08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks!

LoL yeah its a lot of food... I'm hoping that at the NoN-Buffet places we can just split a meal and be done with it. I remember back in 06 on the dining plan we were always only buying 2 meals for the 4 of us... and we never went hungry.

I really do hate staying offsite, because it takes going back to hotel for breaks and whatnot totally out of the question. But on the same note, I wanted to stay away from counter service because from what i remember you end up paying a ton with that too.

ToraTory
08-19-2010, 12:07 PM
That really is a lot of time (and money) spent on dining but hey if that's your thing, it's cool I get it. Since you're staying off property I guess you will be driving from place to place? I do have one question/suggestion. You have three choices at the Poly back-to-back:

Day 6
(D) Ohana

(B) Ohana
(D) Spirit of Aloha *

Do you really, really like the Poly? Is that the reason for the duplication? I mean I would get it if you were staying there, but I wonder if you should do these two days in a row. I would consider swapping out the Day 6 Ohana for something else and this will make your hawaiian shirt day a bit more special. If your looking for a MK resort for diner on Day 6 how about taking the boat to Trails End or the Wilderness Lodge. Or there's the resturants in the Contemporary, they are fabulous.

Just a thought :mickey: -- tory

akaDisneyDreamer
08-19-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure why people are saying 2 meals a day is too much food? Sounds reasonable to me. Although I haven't eaten at many of your selections, I have tried les Chefs de France for lunch and found it excellent! Some of our other favorite table service places are Nine Dragon, Tutto Italia, Yak and Yeti and Wolfgang Puck Cafe. You left Day 3 CS at AK open ... may I suggest Flame Tree Barbeque (if it's back open when you go!) Other favorite counter service is Boulangerie Patisserie and Somerfest in the World Showcase. Have a great time and congratulations on your engagement! :mickey:

Gator
08-19-2010, 04:51 PM
It looks real good with the exception of San Angel. I really don't like that place. The ambience is good, unless they sit you next to a wall, which they often do with couples. Also, the food is terrible compared to EVERY mexican restaurant I've ever been to. But maybe you've been there and like it. However, there's plenty of other great options at Epcot.

brivers222
08-24-2010, 12:53 PM
You have three choices at the Poly back-to-back:

Day 6
(D) Ohana

(B) Ohana
(D) Spirit of Aloha *

Do you really, really like the Poly? Is that the reason for the duplication? I mean I would get it if you were staying there, but I wonder if you should do these two days in a row. I would consider swapping out the Day 6 Ohana for something else and this will make your hawaiian shirt day a bit more special. If your looking for a MK resort for diner on Day 6 how about taking the boat to Trails End or the Wilderness Lodge. Or there's the resturants in the Contemporary, they are fabulous.

Just a thought :mickey: -- tory
Good catch, traded that Ohana dinner out for Whispering Canyon!

You left Day 3 CS at AK open ... may I suggest Flame Tree Barbeque (if it's back open when you go!) Other favorite counter service is Boulangerie Patisserie and Somerfest in the World Showcase. Have a great time and congratulations on your engagement! :mickey:
Thanks! and yes we will keep your AK suggestions in mind!

It looks real good with the exception of San Angel. I really don't like that place. The ambience is good, unless they sit you next to a wall, which they often do with couples. Also, the food is terrible compared to EVERY mexican restaurant I've ever been to. But maybe you've been there and like it. However, there's plenty of other great options at Epcot.
I am still on the fence with this one, i am keeping it for the time being as we are not sure how the crowds will be in Oct with free dinning. I would rather have a place to fall back on instead of waiting in huge lines as a walkup

renecat
08-24-2010, 01:26 PM
If the flame tree isn't open you could try Yak & Yeti. We did sit down last year for lunch and you can split for as much as you spen on CS.
We got a huge amount of food that was very good. Also at Chef De France they have a lunch special that includes dessert for a reasonable price and it is very good. the onion soup is do die for and so is the ham and cheese sandwich. We always get the creme burlee.

brivers222
08-24-2010, 02:20 PM
If the flame tree isn't open you could try Yak & Yeti. We did sit down last year for lunch and you can split for as much as you spen on CS.
We got a huge amount of food that was very good. Also at Chef De France they have a lunch special that includes dessert for a reasonable price and it is very good. the onion soup is do die for and so is the ham and cheese sandwich. We always get the creme burlee.
I specifically made sure we hit CDF at lunch... because I love french onion soup and Creme Bruele hehe

beksy
08-25-2010, 08:38 AM
We really like San Angel Inn. It has become our tradition to do a meal here each trip. We always have good service and enjoy the food and atmosphere. I didn't plan it last year and when the others found out it meant re-arranging to fit it in! I think you have some great choices. Congratulations!

BandMan
08-25-2010, 02:10 PM
We also like the San Angel. I've seen a number of complaints about it here on INTERCOT, but honestly we enjoyed the food and the atmosphere is fantastic for a very reasonable price (compared to most other Disney TS). It always reminds me of my time in Central America. It's great when you get a table near the river and can wave to the riders going by. :wave:

Oh, and :congrats: on your engagement. DW and I will soon be celebrating 25 years. :thumbsup:

lighteningqueen
08-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Unless you like mushy mexican food not tasting like mexican food I would throw out San Angel Inn just not good. I would also put in Yak and yeti.. Great steak and shrimp. wonderful dessert won ton something or other. Also Tusker breakfast is the best you will find out there. Both in AK. Ohanas not so good anymore.. I am with other poster do something different. Teppon Edo in japan is the best steak and chicken and shrimp stir fry at your table you will get anywhere on the property plus entertaining.. Not fond of Boma either but you may like off taste food... Other than that are you

Day 5 either Pecos bills or Columbia harbor house is your best choice.

Congrats to you both you will have great fun

jillluvsdisney
08-25-2010, 09:49 PM
We were just at WDW from Aug 14-22. We had a great breakfast at 1900 Park Fair. The food was hot and fresh, the characters were great and service was also good.

We had a fantastic lunch at 50's Primetime. Our server was Loukili. He was merciless with my niece Lindsay. I think I'll laugh about that meal for a long time to come. We had 2 pot roasts and a meatloaf....all tasty. They have great shakes there that are considered beverages on the DDP.

We also had dinner at Boma. Loved everything.

Congrats on your engagment. What a great gift from your parents. I love DisneyWorld in October. The weather is usually very nice.

comicguy
09-07-2010, 08:08 PM
My parents gave us an engagement gift of a free hotel for our length of stay... Its offsite but I figure we are driving down anyways so we don't have to rent a car and/or pay for plan tickets... So really all we are spending is Food and Tickets. Here is my list of ADRs for our trip.... any comments, suggestions, concerns?! * = Paid for so not negotiable :lol:

Day 1:
(D)1900 Park Fare Dinner

Day 2:
(L)Chefs De France
(D)San Angel Inn

Day 3:
(L) CS at AK
(D) CS at MNSSHP *

Day 4:
(L) 50's Prime Time
(D) Boma

Day 5:
(L) Crystal Palace
(D) CS at MK

Day 6:
(L) Sci-Fi Dine In
(D) Ohana

(B) Ohana
(D) Spirit of Aloha *

Day 8: (our 1 year Engagement anniversary)
(B) 1900 Park Fare
(D) Cinderellas Royal Table *

Day 9: (Last day)
(D) Garden Grill

Park Fare for diner is so so not bad but nothing special

Chef's de france is a great meal The French menu selection is excellant!!

San Angel was a good meal but I have not been back in a couple of years.

50's is a must do for us each trip, The fried Chicken and dad's Brownie sundae are awesome!!!

Boma just did a couple of weeks ago was very good, will most likely go there next year.

Crystal Palace IMO has gone downhill over the last few years

Sci Fi never been here, maybe someday

O'hana yummy pot stickers and chicken wings and awesome desert!!!

Spirit of Alhoha never have done it, most likely wont due to it being outside and weather at WDW can be a bit iffy at times

1900 PF for breakfast was delightful, try for a late bfast and you can get more character interaction

CRT never been

Garden Grill never been to

pirateyankee80
09-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Well, it is a lot of food but its not overwhelming. As you said pace your self and you are doing lunch or breakfast at some so the portions should / can be smaller.
As for sci-fi, do it, you'll love it:thumbsup:Great atmosphere and excellent food. That also goes for CRT. Did it a while ago but my DW loved the castle atmosphere.;)
congratulations and have a great time:party: