PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Clam Bake

ToraTory
08-17-2010, 11:39 AM
At one time was the Cape May Clam bake outside on the beach? I made reservations (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/cape-may-cafe/)thinking that was the case but then I looked at photos (on another site) and it definitely appeared to be inside. Am I thinking of something else?

Also, what do you guys think of the diner buffet? thanks -- tory:mickey:

magicofdisney
08-17-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't know that it was never outside, but I know it's been inside for at least 2yrs now.

When we were there last September (during Free Dining), the seafood do NOT include crab legs. I heard they added crab legs in October. I'm not sure if they'll be removed from the menu during this Free Dining period. I'll know in about a month, when we go back. This will by my second trip to Cape May and my oldest son's third.

AnnaMom
08-17-2010, 12:15 PM
The Claim bake is is the inside. They now have crab legs that are wonderful! We ate there this past summer and really enjoyed it.

egospotter
08-17-2010, 12:17 PM
I don't remember it ever being outside, I could be wrong. It is definitely inside now though.

We went a couple of years ago and loved it. The food was really good and there were a lot of choices. It was my first time eating clams but I went and said why not? Ended up liking them. We are thinking about going there again next year.

KylesMom
08-20-2010, 02:54 PM
While I can't comment on whether it used to be an outside establishment or not, we ate there two weeks ago for the first time.

It's a keeper! The restaurant had a great selection of seafood, but it also had a nice spread of beef, pork, bread & potatoes to make DS happy. Definitely a repeat for us next trip! :thumbsup:

ravsluvdisney
08-20-2010, 06:15 PM
One of my faves - missed it last time around but that won't happen again!! :thumbsup:

Believe it has always been an inside venue....

ledudes
08-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Do they currently have crab legs?

nifty48
08-20-2010, 06:35 PM
My MIL who is now 90 and worked at Disney in the 70's/80's has talked about the Poly Luau. It used to be on the beach. The performers even arrived across the water in boats with torches burning. I would not be surprised if the Cape May Clam Bake was once on the beach but then again it might be the Poly Luau that you might be thinking about.