PDA

View Full Version : Planning for 2011 during Free Dining Blackout Dates

Dad of 2 1/2
08-17-2010, 11:21 AM
I just read the 2011 Free Dining promotion and the blackout dates. Not surprisingly, they are blacked out for most of the weeks after school is out.

We were planning to take a 7 or 8 day trip starting on June 4th. The free dining applies to trips that begin through June 2nd during this time.

My question is do you think there will be other offers starting after June 2nd? We were planning to have 7 of us stay in 2 Value rooms and purchasing either the standard DP or Quick Service DP. Now a large number of people in the parks will have the free DP crowding up the restaurants. If the rooms are at rack rates with the recent increases on everything, we are considering staying off property and eating more outside the parks rather than buy a DP.

Any thoughts or strategies with our planning. Leaving earlier is not an option for my wife who is a teacher.

Strmchsr
08-17-2010, 11:37 AM
My question is do you think there will be other offers starting after June 2nd?

That will 100% depend on booking capacity and the state of the economy. Obviously Disney is trying to get people to commit to their 2011 vacation much earlier this time since they usually don't release the following year's discounts this year and definitely not through September. That's unprecedented. I think there's a good chance that some kind of discount will come out for the summer, but it's not guaranteed. Your best bet is to book through Magical Journeys and they will keep a watch for any discounts for you. As soon as they come out they will update your reservation with no hassle on your part.