PDA

View Full Version : 1st Timer MNSSHP ?'s

brivers222
08-17-2010, 08:07 AM
I tried to search on here for information but couldn't really find anything dealing with my newbie questions... So I apologize as the only information I picked up was that the "doors" open at 7PM unless you have a regular pass for the park (which we do)

Basically this will be the first time for my Fiance and I going to Disney world together (just the two of us).

1) What are the hours for the MNSSHP (7PM - ??)

2) I know its mainly for Kids but will two 30ish adults be okay going in there without kids?

3) Do we have to dress up and if we don't will we stick out like a sore thumb?

Thanks in advance

Unlimitedfun
08-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi! My DH and I, both in 50's attended this event in 2008. It was fantastic. It started around 7:00 and ended around midnight. Most of the rides were walk on, or only a very short wait. We did not dress in costume, but wore Halloween t-shirts etc. We were not out of place. We trick-or-treated along with the little kiddies...had a blast! You will enjoy it!:mickey:

brivers222
08-17-2010, 08:47 AM
excellent!

I am booking for October 11th right now :)

JoF
08-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi
I think the hours are 7pm til midnight
You don't have to dress up and nobody will worry if you do or if you don't - although it is fun if you do
Lots of people go without kids - I have been on three trips to WDW without any and it doesn't stop your enjoyment of the place. If anything you can relax more and be a kid yourself!
At the end of the day - just have fun
Good luck

brivers222
08-17-2010, 09:18 AM
I am thinking we will be wearing some Bride / Groom Mickey ears as our wedding will be in a year from that date :thumbsup:

BraddyB
08-17-2010, 09:55 AM
You wont feel out of place at all. My wife and I attended MNSSHP during our honeymoon. We are headed back for our 2nd anniversary and going again. Dont forget to go trick or treating so you can have candy for the rest of the week in your hotel room ;)

I also see we will be there during the same time as you guys !!

ANG
08-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah we didn't dress up and didn't have kids with us when we went. We still enjoyed the shows/parade, seeing all the characters, and little kids trick or treating.

ANG
08-17-2010, 10:02 AM
I am thinking we will be wearing some Bride / Groom Mickey ears as our wedding will be in a year from that date :thumbsup:

that's what we did!

T-Belle
08-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Like all the other posts stated you don't have to dress up. I've been 3 times and LOVE it so much! Some more must do's-
Don't miss the parade! The headless horseman is a must see and my favorite-the gravedigger's from the Haunted Mansion float are absolutely awesome!
Trick or treat! Lots of candy to be had.
The CM's at the HM also kick it up a notch.
Have a great time!!!

BigRedDad
08-17-2010, 10:20 AM
We are going October 7th. As others have said, you can dressup if you want, it is not required. I have never been, but others we are going with have. If my DD4 enjoys it on the 7th, I may buy tickets for the 2 of us to go back on the 11th.

2MuchWDFun
08-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Agree with the other Intercotee's... we are baby boomers and attended MNSSHP a couple of years ago. My husband and I dressed as intrepid explorers. Khaki pants/shorts and khaki shirts. I had a butterfly net with a butterfly attached to the net, my husband wore children toy binoculars, plus I sewed on a couple of bugs to our shirts. I found one of those retractable badge thingy's at the dollar store and attached a giant rubber spider to the end of it. It was clipped to my husbands belt and then we would pull it out and the spider would "climb" up his leg. Got a lot of responses to that one! My husband already had an Australian outback hat, and we wore lightweight hiking boots. It was an easy costume to pack. We got lots of attention over in Adventureland from the CM's who were passing out the candy...they thought we were jungle cruise guides.

I have to second the parade. Absolutely love the grave diggers---they are fantastic. We got a fabulous spot in front of the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square. The fireworks are wonderful as well. You will have a great time.

I would definitely do this party again!

Tick-Tock
08-17-2010, 11:40 AM
We don't have any kids, and we wouldn't hesitate to attend the party again.

If you do dress up, you'll likely get lots more attention. One year we went as Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood, and boy did we get a lot of candy. Indy's ammo pouch was bulging! Plus we got lots of comments from CMs and other visitors, who admired my "headpiece from the Staff of Ra" necklace.

egospotter
08-17-2010, 12:22 PM
My husband and I have gone twice (mid-late 20s) and loved it! We are big into Halloween though. The first time we went we didn't wear costumes and it was fine, we didn't stand out, but were a little jealous of those that did so we wore them the next year.

Wearing costumes was fun and we did get a LOT of attention and had to pose for lots of pictures (even in a bathroom once - LOL) We were dressed as a ghost bride and groom. It was HOT in the costumes though - they are not really made to breath well.

brivers222
08-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Maybe we will get lucky and they will have some of the Halloween USA shops open before we leave... then we can snatch a costume to wear for the night :)

Renfairwedding
08-17-2010, 12:32 PM
We are avid Ren Faire players and love any chance we can break out our garb. We make sure our costumes are rated “G” and leave the swords and pointy things at home. We look forward to having our photo taken (In Garb) in front of Cinderella’s carriage and most definitely get many fun shots throughout the night,

I find the night to be much more laid back and fun with most of the people dressed or not just enjoying the Halloween party atmosphere. :magic:

One fun memory was on the Pyrites of the Caribbean ride. Once we shoved off from the dock with a boat full of scallywags and princesses both young and old. The entire crew broke out in song… “Yo Ho Yo Ho a pyrites life for me”.
:pirate:

smokester653
08-17-2010, 07:01 PM
We were a party of 16 a few years back & were selected to be Grand Marshalls of the Halloween parade.:mpumpkin: Everyone in our party was dressed up & just got lucky! :D It was a nite to remember. :mickey:

Pop Centurion
08-17-2010, 09:27 PM
MNSSHP is so much fun. Trust me, you will not be able to get the song from the parade out of your head and will catch yourself singing it at the strangest times months later. As mentioned, get there a little early so you can see the headless horseman.
The Fireworks show is awesome with a great storyline & narration.
One thing not mentioned was to be sure to catch the villains mix & mingle. Really great stage show and afterward there's photo ops with the villains.
Be on the look out for Snow White & all 7 Dwarfs. This is the only time you will see them all together & have a chance to get your picture taken with them. The line get's very long so be prepared. They're usually in the area of Cinderella's Carousel.

Also, they offer free face painting if you want to do that instead of wearing a costume. Especially since it's pretty hot & humid still.

brivers222
08-18-2010, 01:38 PM
I totally love the villians, so that stage show appear to be NOT AN OPTION to miss :D

lovinmesomedisney
08-19-2010, 03:41 PM
So funny, while reading this thread, my mail lady just put the mail in the box. There they were, my TICKETS to the MNSSHP for the 18th of September. I have never gone before, even though I go to Disney every September, so I am really looking forward to this event! :mickey:

Kim Possible
08-19-2010, 04:00 PM
I went 2 years ago and dressed up, I'm 20 now and can't wait to go! My Dad is going with me and I'm BEGGING him to dress up! I'm planning on going as Jessie so I want him to be Buzz or Woody haha

Pagan
08-20-2010, 12:26 PM
MNSSHP is so much fun. Trust me, you will not be able to get the song from the parade out of your head and will catch yourself singing it at the strangest times months later.
OMG I thought I was the only one who did that! LOL!

Can't wait for the party this year. Got my tix for September 25th. Gene Simmons comes to the MK! :)

beksy
08-22-2010, 06:52 AM
My mom, sister, and I went last year and had the best time. We are actually going twice this year since it is the highlight of Mom's trip. My sister and I are in our 20's and we are traveling without kids but still had the best time. Mom loves the trick-or-treating. We will be there on Oct 1st and the 7th as 3 of the 101 Dalmations! Go, enjoy, and don't worry about what anyone else thinks :mpumpkin:

CanadaLovesDisney
08-22-2010, 04:37 PM
We are also attending this year for the first time (a family of four adults) and we have no idea what to expect but we were planning on making halloween tshirts! We are SO excited!Thanks everyone!

dmallan
08-23-2010, 04:11 PM
As others have mentioned it can be HOT. Last year in late September it was in the low 90s. So, keep that in mind as you plan your costumes.

brivers222
08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
I just got my tickets in the Mail for OCT 11th!!

We decided to just wear the Bride / Groom ears as we will be in the parks earlier and being off site we would have to change in the car.

However in searching online I found a site that sells tuxedo hockey jerseys so I ordered a Black one that I can wear. This totally fits me being an avid hockey fan... haha

My fiancee is going to try to find a "bride gown" shirt at one of those crazy shirt places online to wear.

ANG
08-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Oh I miss the parade :D

The headless horseman is awesome! And my favorite part is the gravediggers and their "shovel show"

mainemajor
08-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Just thinking about MNSSHP gets me singing the song Boo for You over and over again. I want to go back but I can never get the time off. Like others have said the parade is a cann't miss.

tinklover
08-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Just thinking about MNSSHP gets me singing the song Boo for You over and over again. I want to go back but I can never get the time off. Like others have said the parade is a cann't miss.

I can't wait to go to the party. this is our second year going to the very last party of the year. I have 2 sections of the parade song as ring tones. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!:number1:

brivers222
08-30-2010, 11:11 AM
okay so i am totally thinking about getting a 2nd date as well for the party... You are all making it sound like so much fun!!

For $119 this is the best way to get an "extra magic hours" at MK staying offsight. Its about the cost of a hotel room at disney anyways lol

LauraByTheSea
09-06-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm so glad I found this thread... We were debating going while we're there in 2 weeks, DH REALLY wants to go and I was unsure, but now I think we will. Now I have to decide what costume to wear!