PDA

View Full Version : A Southwest Vacation Package?

Dewdrop034
08-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Has anyone booked a WDW vacation package through Southwest? How was your experience? I was sample pricing online and it seems its a little cheaper than booking through Disneys Vacation website. Also, now that they participate in DME I am considering booking my next vacation with them.

PopPhan
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Has anyone booked a WDW vacation package through Southwest? How was your experience? I was sample pricing online and it seems its a little cheaper than booking through Disneys Vacation website. Also, now that they participate in DME I am considering booking my next vacation with them.

I've matched the Southwest Vacations package against the Magical Journeys package and, purchasing Southwest airfare, still made out better with Magical Journeys. MJ will get you the best discounts on rooms and packages available.

Hair_Razor
08-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Have booked vacations with Southwest not Disney though. They were great the only thing I didn't like is that I didn't get my Southwest points for my flights without having to jump through hoops. Also I think that we couldn't check in online early for our flights for some reason.

Dewdrop034
08-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Thank You for the tip...I'll check Magical Journeys out.

eeyorepoohfan
08-16-2010, 08:07 PM
I booked our WDW package through Southwest last year and just did for our December trip this year. I was able to get the free dining and they had a promo code saving me even more. I had received a quote from Magical Journeys and they were fantastic, but I didn't book through them. The price was the same as I found on the WDW site. However, we live by a smaller airport and flights can get pricey. So when I took the cost of the MJ quote plus the flight only through Southwest, it was going to be about $200-300 more than booking my package through Southwest. If your airport has good rates, then you may be able to get a good deal using MJ to book the other part of your trip and you take care of your own flight. Like I mentioned, we are limited on flights here, so booking with Southwest made the most financial sense for us. Booking with Southwest was easy, convenient and saved me money. They also give you the option to put payment on multiple credit cards when you check out. They mailed me my travel documents approximately 2 weeks before our trip. It had the ME tickets and packet with instructions on where to find them, how to use the luggage tags, etc. As far as checking in early, if you don't want to pay extra $, you can check-in online exactly 24 hours before your flight to get your boarding number. When we went to check out of POP Century, they took our bags for us and printed our boarding passes before we went to the park for the last time. I really found Southwest to be very easy and convenient for us! Just my :twocents:

PetefromRI
08-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Have booked vacations with Southwest not Disney though. They were great the only thing I didn't like is that I didn't get my Southwest points for my flights without having to jump through hoops. Also I think that we couldn't check in online early for our flights for some reason.
We did the same thing a few years ago and we also couldn't print tix online.We had to go to the airport with the hard tix that they mailed us and then they printed them out and we were guaranteed "C" tickets both going and returning.It's the only reason we wouldn't use them again for a package.Otherwise the price was right.

dml
08-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Hi! I booked my last WDW vacation through Southwest in Nov. 2009. My family of four booked a buy one get one free package deal through Southwest which included our flight, tickets, dining plan and a week at Pop. It was great and cheaper than booking directly through Disney. I recommend it if you find a good deal! :mickey::mickey:

thumperbug
08-17-2010, 08:03 AM
while sw may have great deals, be careful of the fine print. If you book and then a new Disney promo comes out, you can't change your package without paying a fee. With SW packages you also cannot make any room requests such as near transportation. You will pretty much get the least desireable room locations. Flight times to choose from are also limited and because of this you could end up spending 2 days of your vacation traveling and paying for vacation time you don't get to use.
Best advice is to do your homework and read the fine and very fine print

Dewdrop034
08-17-2010, 09:43 AM
while sw may have great deals, be careful of the fine print. If you book and then a new Disney promo comes out, you can't change your package without paying a fee. With SW packages you also cannot make any room requests such as near transportation. You will pretty much get the least desireable room locations. Flight times to choose from are also limited and because of this you could end up spending 2 days of your vacation traveling and paying for vacation time you don't get to use.
Best advice is to do your homework and read the fine and very fine print

Couldn't I just contact the resort and request a room location if it were in the same price range?