PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Dining Plan Questions

eeyorepoohfan
08-16-2010, 06:52 PM
My DH and I just booked a December trip!!! We are staying at POP and got the free Quick Service Dining Plan. We've never used a dining plan before and are excited that most of our food is already covered! Here's my question. I remember seeing on the menu boards the symbol next to the items that are covered with the dining plan. Is there a list anywhere that shows what items are on the plan at each restaurant? :eat: I've seen a list of the restaurants that participate, but wondered if there was a specific menu I could look at ahead of time for the entres/deserts covered? I was also wondering what constitutes a snack? I love the French Pastry shop and saw them on the list! :cloud9: So do any of the pastries count as a snack or are there things there that are for meals? I wouldn't want to use a meal credit on just pastries, but really want some pastries!! :blush: We figure we will use the dining plan to help us taste/snack around the world! There are so many things to taste and try! I can't wait!

AlwaysDisney
08-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Goto allears.net and look at the dining. Then go to menus and they will show you all of the restaurants for every restaurant. Also on allears put in the search: quick service dining plan(or something to that effect) and it will give you a list of restaurants on the plan. Also you can check out the rate and review area and it gives you reviews of all the restaurants. Enjoy!!!:mickey:

lighteningqueen
08-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Ok you can get anything as a snack that is under $4.00 so at the Frace pastry shop with the outside tables LOVE that place you can have anything that is under $4.00. Most all the QS places you can get about anything you want on the menu. Of course you want to get the most bang for your credit. Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD is your best overall. Last Dec I got the chicken fettucini a huge bowl with salad dessert and drink for the QS it was a 15.00 meal. They are the best. You can use them as a night meal and feel like you are getting a big dinner somewhere. THE BEST. Earl of Sandwich is great as well DTD

DHS starring rolls has the hugest sandwiches and best for luch and their desserts on the plan are gigantic great place to go

MK_Pecos bills on the burgers they are double pattys and huge thick meat too much for me so gave the one patty to my hubby and he had a triple burger. Best fixin bar to add anything you want to your burger

MK_Columbia has a shrimp basket with 10 big shrimp and fries and dessert and drink its on the plan.

Falme tree in AK is your best bet

Epcot of course its sunshine seasons another place yuour meal could be your dinner and lunch big plate dinners plus any dessert you want from the bakery case plus unlimited drinks.

Hope this helps and I do hope we get to go this Dec. I got a pin code and all of my days will be covered if I use it by Oct 9

lighteningqueen
08-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I used to live in Las Cruses. 3 times. I miss the green chili so bad and its now chili time.. Lucky you...

eeyorepoohfan
08-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I used to live in Las Cruses. 3 times. I miss the green chili so bad and its now chili time.. Lucky you...

What a small world! We've been back in Las Cruces for over 3 years now. I love green chile and it's getting to be roasting time around here! I love that smell! I'll eat some extra green chile just for you!

eeyorepoohfan
08-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Goto allears.net and look at the dining. Then go to menus and they will show you all of the restaurants for every restaurant. Also on allears put in the search: quick service dining plan(or something to that effect) and it will give you a list of restaurants on the plan. Also you can check out the rate and review area and it gives you reviews of all the restaurants. Enjoy!!!:mickey:

I frequent their site! :D I used it to help plan where to eat on our last trip! :blush: I couldn't rememeber if the DP only let you chose certain things. But it sounds like there are a lot of options available at each QS.

eeyorepoohfan
08-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Ok you can get anything as a snack that is under $4.00 so at the Frace pastry shop with the outside tables LOVE that place you can have anything that is under $4.00. Most all the QS places you can get about anything you want on the menu. Of course you want to get the most bang for your credit. Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD is your best overall. Last Dec I got the chicken fettucini a huge bowl with salad dessert and drink for the QS it was a 15.00 meal. They are the best. You can use them as a night meal and feel like you are getting a big dinner somewhere. THE BEST. Earl of Sandwich is great as well DTD

DHS starring rolls has the hugest sandwiches and best for luch and their desserts on the plan are gigantic great place to go

MK_Pecos bills on the burgers they are double pattys and huge thick meat too much for me so gave the one patty to my hubby and he had a triple burger. Best fixin bar to add anything you want to your burger

MK_Columbia has a shrimp basket with 10 big shrimp and fries and dessert and drink its on the plan.

Falme tree in AK is your best bet

Epcot of course its sunshine seasons another place yuour meal could be your dinner and lunch big plate dinners plus any dessert you want from the bakery case plus unlimited drinks.

Hope this helps and I do hope we get to go this Dec. I got a pin code and all of my days will be covered if I use it by Oct 9

:mickey:Thank you for all the info! I just couldn't remember if they required you to choose from a certain list of items or if you had a lot of options. We visited a number of the places you mentioned above! I love Earl of Sandwhich and we were thinking of trying Wolfgang Puck Express. I'm thinking we'll definately have to add it to our list! We are looking forward to trying new places this year, but of course going to some of our favorites too!:cloud9:

lighteningqueen
08-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Our fingers are crossed too. We have a pin code for Dec Free Dining for the days we want to go Dec 7-15 Love it that time of year. I ussally go to Albuq where we lived for ever and sister still does to get 2 40# bags roasted and then I bring them back so I can have it all year. My husbands company built the Sally Port Inn and many years before that we did the Holiday Inn and the really neat one that belongs or did to Buddy Ritter very southwestern spanish style.. Loved living there. When are you wanting to go to WDW in Dec?

Goofy4TheWorld
08-17-2010, 12:58 PM
ALL items for sale at any location will be eligible for purchase using the dining plan, there are no "limited menus".

That little purple symbol was indicating what items on the menu may be purchased using only a snack credit. Everything on the menu is available on the DDP though.

eeyorepoohfan
08-17-2010, 06:45 PM
ALL items for sale at any location will be eligible for purchase using the dining plan, there are no "limited menus".

That little purple symbol was indicating what items on the menu may be purchased using only a snack credit. Everything on the menu is available on the DDP though.

Thanks! That really helps a lot! :D :thumbsup: I remembered seeing the symbols but couldn't remember what they were next to.

eeyorepoohfan
08-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Our fingers are crossed too. We have a pin code for Dec Free Dining for the days we want to go Dec 7-15 Love it that time of year. I ussally go to Albuq where we lived for ever and sister still does to get 2 40# bags roasted and then I bring them back so I can have it all year. My husbands company built the Sally Port Inn and many years before that we did the Holiday Inn and the really neat one that belongs or did to Buddy Ritter very southwestern spanish style.. Loved living there. When are you wanting to go to WDW in Dec?

You really do have ties to NM! I'm glad you are able to get your chile fix to take home! My husband and I are going to WDW Dec 10-15 for our 8th Anniversary! :D I booked the trip just last week! :cloud9:

disneykid99
08-23-2010, 02:04 PM
While at the Pop try the Mom's Night Out dinners (or something like that). They are good and fun and on the plan. Have a great trip.

afowl1017
08-23-2010, 02:14 PM
My family is trying the QS this trip also! I have heard great things about this!

Definitely try Wolfgang Express at DTD. Ate there almost three years ago and it is sooo yummy! I have been waiting to get one of their brownies again (don't know why but they are chocolate heaven to me :cloud9:).

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the freedom of the QS dining plan!