PDA

View Full Version : Rest. that's special to you?

ANG
08-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Other than just because you like the food, any particular restaurant that has special meaning to you. Why?

diz_girl
08-16-2010, 03:19 PM
It's Narcoossee's for us. We first dined there in 2007, when I was pregnant with DS. We were on our babymoon and we had dinner at Narcooses's, where we were able to view Wishes during dinner. Afterwards, we took the boat from the GF to the Poly and watched the EWP from the dock. Just a little while later there were fireworks from the P&P party, which we watched from the beach. It was just a very memorable night and so Narcoossee's is a sentimental favorite.

ANG
08-16-2010, 03:27 PM
It's the Maya Grill for us. We went to DW for the first time in 2006 for our honeymoon and we stayed at CS. We dined there the first night. It was our first moment to truly appreciate being married and how awesome the wedding was. Plus we were planning what to do on our trip (we were total DW novices haha).

We could finally relax. There truly is no stress with Mickey around :cloud9:

mickey_M_lvr
08-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Artist Point for me.... DH and I were on our honeymoon in Oct of 2001. Since it was shortly after 9/11 we were about the only people in the parks and resturants too. We ate some very interesting foods and enjoyed each other. It was a wonderful evening. :cloud9:

kathiep
08-16-2010, 05:19 PM
For us it's Crystal Palace breakfast. The first year we took our kids they were 3 and 18 months. We took them to an early reservation at CP before the park opened and it was a truly magical experience. Seeing them enjoy an empty main street and then enjoying their first character meal was priceless. It was truly magical meal. We now go back every year.

hoop de do
08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Trail's End Buffet. We always went there when the kids were growing up. It holds alot of great memories for us. We still go there almost every trip. We do miss the old Pioneer Hall atmosphere. It was a perfect place to unwind when the day was coming to a close.
:eat::beer:

crltkcagle
08-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Ohana's. We ate there on our first night on our first "family" vacation. We make it a tradition to go back there on our first night of every vacation now.

AgentP
08-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Ohana:D After we were married in an intimate ceremony at the WL, we had our wedding dinner there. In my wedding album I have pictures of us all hula hooping and doing coconut races!

ibrowse17
08-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Another vote for Trail's End:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Although its not necessarily the best restaurant or food, Rainforest Cafe Animal Kingdom was the first restaurant we ate at Disneyworld and is an every trip tradition now.

#1donaldfan
08-17-2010, 12:44 PM
It no longer serves breakfast but Boatwrights for breakfast is my most "special"....it was a place we "tipped our hats to" when we were leaving the "world".....kinda our last stop before heading home....:ill: I sure miss the food there.....!!!!:cool:

MOJoe
08-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Hands down for me it's The Hollywood Brown Derby. After a long day at the Studios my family walked in without a ressie. It was late and the place was quiet and uncrowded. Just what we needed. Great food with a relaxed atmosphere.

This was our first Signature Dining experience and it really wowed us. The service was fantastic as was the food. We love going back, as this restaurant seems more upscale and intimate than other top end Disney places.

SurferStitch
08-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Narcoossee's!

DH and I dined there on the first night of our honeymoon. We got the the Grand Flo to check in around 4:00 pm (our TA at the time booked a late morning flight with a transfer, so we didn't get in early like we do now). We were starving and didn't have any ADR's (didn't need them then), and asked for a good restaurant close. The CM said Narcoossee's is excellent, and made an ADR for us.

We walked in (luckily dressed appropriately), and were seated. We had an amazing meal, and were treated like royalty. The server we had is still working there to this day. We love seeing him there when we visit.

We now have to dine at Narcoossee's EVERY trip! :cloud9:

VWL Mom
08-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Mine would be Artist Point. When my boys were young, that was our grown-up night. My mom was with us, we would get a baby sitter and the 3 of us would go have our adult meal. She's since passed but we still go (now with the boys) each trip.

big blue and hairy
08-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Two actually....

Tony's Town Square - The first sit down meal during our honeymoon and my first WDW trip.

California Grill - fabulous restaurant and our most often choice for a special meal at WDW.

:sulley:

GroovyTeach
08-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Crystal Palace. It was where we ate dinner on our honeymoon on our first day there...my first visit to WDW. I am a Tigger fanatic and my DH made reservations there just for me! Michael, our waiter sang us a love song. This was in 2003. Last summer, he was our waiter again at the CP where we took our daughter!

SingingLights
08-17-2010, 11:22 PM
We have been going to WDW with our daughter since she was 2 years-old. She has worn glasses since she was 14 months old and when she was small, some people would shy away from her. I am not sure if they thought she might be very ill or if the glasses made them feel uncomfortable or if it was just because she was different from most toddlers. BUT we had the best experience with characters at Cinderella's Royal Table than any other place we have ever been to. In fact our second visit to WDW, Esmerelda from Hunchback was there that morning and she picked her up and carried her around the restuarant. Said she wanted to keep her and she even sang to her. It is one our favorite memories of all times. I am getting teary just thinking about it.

beksy
08-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Mine would be Chef Mickey's. It was our first character dining experience, even if we were 19 and 25! My sister had always dreamed of going there and she had also always wanted Mickey waffles. She is not an early riser, but we got to breakfast an hour early! The look on her face when Mickey came around is priceless, as are the pictures of her in her Mickey shirt holding up Mickey waffles! That's what Disney is all about!

artyboy
08-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Brown Derby, hands down. The place reminds me of one of my best friend's favorite places to eat...his Country Club. I spent many a time having a late lunch over a martini or two.

My friend has passed away, so I have at least 1 or 2 lunches here per trip (straight up martini with a Cobb salad). Can't not go!

CanadaLovesDisney
08-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Tony's Townsquare would have to be our family's special place. We started out going there for breakfast when it was offered and now we always make sure to go for dinner. The atmosphere out in the sunroom is just amazing. Magic Kingdom is our favourite and they are always so good with my sisters allergies that we always go back! The food is nothing out of the world but its great and the atmosphere together just makes it all worthwhile!

For a counter service it would have to be columbia harbour house. After riding everything possible at magic kingdom we all relax for some fish n chips and the old ship theme of the inside of the restaurant just has a special feel for me!

Joannelet
08-18-2010, 08:27 PM
I am going to have to say Victoria and Alberts. It definitely isn't somewhere that we get to eat at often because of the price but we ate there in 2002 for our one year anniversary celebration. It was so much fun. The rose, the personalized menu, all the food, wine pairing etc. It was truly a celebration and something we look back on fondly :)

crmark1
08-18-2010, 09:44 PM
:beer:Has to be The Biergarten My family doesnt go to DW without a stop there.

dinahvixen
08-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Columbia Harbor House - it is was my dad's favorite before he discovered Boma! When I was a kid we always went there and the atmosphere was so thick - the figure heads on the walls and ceiling, the smell, the dark wood, the music, and the boston creme pies they used to sell!

jenperich
08-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Narcoossee's!
We now have to dine at Narcoossee's EVERY trip! :cloud9:

BUT we had the best experience with characters at Cinderella's Royal Table than any other place we have ever been to. In fact our second visit to WDW, Esmerelda from Hunchback was there that morning and she picked her up and carried her around the restuarant. Said she wanted to keep her and she even sang to her. It is one our favorite memories of all times. I am getting teary just thinking about it.

Narcoosee's is my fave as well. Such a special place and very romantic I think.

Also, SingingLights, I don't even know you guys and I teared up when reading your post. Your daughter must have felt very special.

brownie
08-26-2010, 11:02 AM
The Rose & Crown Pub was the first restaurant I ate at Walt Disney World. We haven't eaten there on every trip, but it's always a consideration because of that (and the cottage pie!)

W24toISMdirect
08-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Whispering Canyon.

We pretty much always each, and meal wise it's always a big highlight. Love the food, love the atmosphere.

AllDisney
08-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Artist Point for us. This was the first time we took advantage of eating in a resort location and it was also our first dining experience at a Signature Restaurant.

Can't wait to go back We've not eaten there in years:thumbsup: but the memories linger!

Robin K
08-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Ours would have to be The Plaza. It's crazy! But it was the first place we ate on our first trip so it holds that sentimental feeling for us.
We have eaten there every year since and we will be eating there again in Sept!:D

BandMan
08-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Ours would be Ohana's. Our first trip with best friends they treated us to a late dinner without the kids. Since it was later, it wasn't as chaotic as it can get, and we could just share some great adult time. The food was wonderful, and we had a table at a window facing MK. We finished dinner just as 'wishes' started. :fworks:

We'll be taking DD17 and her best friend in June. This will be the first ADR we make.

BellesRose
08-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern will always hold a special place in my heart because I went with my family (Parents, Brother, Aunt, Uncle, Cousins, and Grandparents!) in 2005 for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. My cousins were still younger, and it was our first trip together (Their first trip ever!).

Whispering Canyon is also a family favorite. Walking through the doors of the Wilderness Lodge feels like coming home.

darthmacho
08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
1. Artist Point, because it was our first restaurant ever in WDW, which was also our honeymoon, and some of our favorite food as well.

2. Crystal Palace, because I love our new tradition of starting our first day in MK with a breakfast here before the park opens, and then having a head start tothe rides when it does. Also, we just did this last trip, and it was our first character meal as a family of four.

3. San Angel Inn, because of the atmosphere. I like getting a table by the river. It's worth the wait! :mickey:

January-2007
08-31-2010, 12:18 AM
The Grand Floridian Cafe because we ate there on our one week wedding anniversary while on our Honeymoon and it was the most romantic and special meal of that trip.

TikiGoddess
08-31-2010, 08:32 PM
For us it's Crystal Palace breakfast. The first year we took our kids they were 3 and 18 months. We took them to an early reservation at CP before the park opened and it was a truly magical experience. Seeing them enjoy an empty main street and then enjoying their first character meal was priceless. It was truly magical meal. We now go back every year.

Us too! I had always wanted to go to Crystal Palace when I was a kid... it always looked like such a neat building.

So when I grew up and had kids of my own, it was one of the first places we went. My daughters were 2.5 and 8 mos old. We have gone there almost every trip since -- it has become tradition that we go there with the earliest ADR so we can get into the park early, and walk down the deserted Main Street!

Wish I was there now...
Kathy

disneymom2000
09-04-2010, 06:45 PM
I absolutely love eating at the Rose & Crown. It seems every time I get the chance to eat here, the service is so personable. The wait staff goes out of their way to have a conversation with us and describe what it is like working there and the differences between here and where they are from. It is always so interesting.

GBBT
09-04-2010, 10:43 PM
One would have to e the Garden Grill.We did the Rehitching ceremony for our 7th anniversary before they ended it.:D

Fastpasssteve
09-04-2010, 10:52 PM
'Ohana has been special to me for four reasons:

1) I love any meat that is grilled.
2) You can get a kick-a$$ drink served in a pineapple!
3) I love the theming! There are giant Tiki Gods right there in the restaurant + all the tropical foliage.
3) My dearest friend invited me to WDW with him a few years ago. I have gone several times with him since then...and we always go to 'Ohana. He and his family go there every trip. It just wouldn't be the same without dinner there.

kemps@wdw
09-05-2010, 08:28 PM
For us I guess it would have to be the HDDMR. We first went there on our (late) honeymoon back in '80, and have been every visit since. The show is still the same, the menu hasn't changed much, the place hasn't changed at all, and we still enjoy it as much today as we did back then. :thumbsup:

Granny Jill A
09-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Kona Cafe in the Poly is my "oasis" during a busy week. I love having family meals there because we can actually carry on a conversation and relax.

ravsluvdisney
09-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Another :thumbsup: for Ohana's. DW and I were enjoying it before the DS' were old enough to appreciate it but this trip they finally dug into the wings and meats and dipping sauces - a true family fave!!

LibertyTreeGal
09-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Narcoosees for a restaurant, but the best place in all the world to eat, for me, is the Grand Floridian Afternoon tea!

ghp918
09-09-2010, 11:02 PM
We ate at the castle when - eek - I was a little kid. You know, a long time ago - before AK, before MGM (I'm old skool like that) and even Epcot. I don't remember much from that trip, being so very young, but I do remember eating in the castle. I even remember the butter was shaped with a mickey head mold. I was COMPLETELY blown away. It was the most beautiful place I had ever seen and I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I think about that meal.

#2 would be the California Grill. We eat there on the first night of every one of our Disney trips. Back when the ticket pricing structure was different, we found we could get a little taste of Disney magic on our arrival day, but not waste any money with a ticket that would go largely unused because most of the day was spent traveling. Oh - and the food is AWESOME!