PDA

View Full Version : Best Case for iphone4?

JanetMegan
08-16-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm picking up my new iphone4 this week and was wondering which case/bumper I should get? I hear good things about the otterbox brand of course. I'm just wondering do I need the best most expensive one? I will be carrying it in my purse so it is a bit likely to get jostled around and stuff.

caryrae
08-16-2010, 09:41 AM
I use the otterbox defender because it is best IMHO for working in construction but they do have 2 other models that are cheaper but not available yet looks like. You can order one of the free cases from Apple with the "iphone 4 case program" app? I choose the bumper from apple (there is a few to choose from) and is actually pretty nice but it only covers around the edges of the phone.

DizneyRox
08-16-2010, 10:04 AM
I have an Otterbox Defender on my 3GS and love it. My phone looks brand new, although my case is somewhat beaten up. In a purse, it won't probably be subject to the same abuse that I have given mine, you might be able to go down a notch, however, I do like the way the phone is encased with the defender.

My better 1/2 has a Otterbox "skin" and while it looks more ruggen than a silicone sleeve, I don't think it would offer much drop protection.

If you're looking to maintain resale value of the phone through the 2 year contract, I would make the investment in the Defender (if it exists for the iPhone 4). There is a market for older iPhones as they are often more appealing to the hacker community. The iPhone 4 will probably be no exception in a few years.