PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining for select dates through September 2011

Tink1
08-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Get FREE Dining with your Vacation Package When You Choose Select Dates
from October 2010 through September 2011

Buy one of these Magic Your Way room and ticket packages and get a FREE dining plan. Staying in the middle of the magic is the best way to experience Walt Disney World Resort. Visit when the lines at the theme parks may be shorter and enjoy this great offer!

Value Resorts receive FREE Quick Service Dining
Moderate and Depuxe Resorts receive FREE Basic Dining

For arrivals on most nights:

2010: Oct 1 - 7 • Oct 22 - 28 • Nov 12 - 18 • Nov 27 - Dec 2 • Dec 10 - 21

2011: Jan 1 - 5 • Jan 9 - 13 • Jan 21 - Feb 3 • Feb 11 - 17 • Feb 25 - Mar 3 • May 27 - Jun 2 • Aug 19 - Sept 29

Contact Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/request-pricing/) to book through December 20, 2010

Nanc

comicguy
08-16-2010, 07:29 AM
I just snagged:

Pop Cent, w/ free QSDP upgraded to DDP for Next Aug. 19th - 30th with a room only on 18th:mickey:

Anybody else?

elmjimmlm
08-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Since this came out, I wonder if this will be offered on the bounceback in 2011?

yjgirl32
08-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Wonder if I should wait till we go down to see what the specials are?? Nah. Will book now.

Adambomb85
08-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Wow! This is exciting news! I actually won a free Disney Cruise on the Dream in December 2011 - we are planning to add a Disney vacation with it. I was hoping they would have extended it to when we are going to be in Disney (Dec 10 - 15, 2011) - alas! At least we still have plenty of time to hope.

I hope a lot of people take advantage of this!

DizneyRox
08-16-2010, 10:14 AM
"We’re not concerned about weaning ourselves and the marketplace of the discounts,” Iger said. (12/2009)

O RLY?

laprana
08-16-2010, 10:16 AM
"We’re not concerned about weaning ourselves and the marketplace of the discounts,” Iger said.

O RLY?

My thoughts exactly! I just asked this in the News & Rumors thread, but has Disney ever announced Free Dining so far in advance before and stretching so far into the next year?

DisneyRPh
08-16-2010, 10:42 AM
I noticed that the original post came from Magical Journies. Will the offer still apply if I booked through Disney themselves? I just made reservations last week and hope I didn't miss a good opportunity.:confused:

This is my first time booking my own Disney vacation. I haven't been there since I was a kid. Thanks for everyone on these boards for their great advice.

Bethis26fan
08-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Skips me. We are going 4-3-11.

Disney4us2
08-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Whooo hoooo:party: I just booked for August last week.... and now free dining. Thanks Kathy at MJ for taking care of everything.

Disney4us2
08-16-2010, 11:03 AM
I noticed that the original post came from Magical Journies. Will the offer still apply if I booked through Disney themselves? I just made reservations last week and hope I didn't miss a good opportunity.:confused:

This is my first time booking my own Disney vacation. I haven't been there since I was a kid. Thanks for everyone on these boards for their great advice.

First of all:welcome:

If you booked through Disney I believe you need to call and have them change your ressie to include the free dining. They won't do it automatically.

Dsnygirl
08-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Nanci, are there any "minimum night" requirements on these dates??

:thanks:

Tink1
08-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Nanci, are there any "minimum night" requirements on these dates??

:thanks:

5 nights and a 2 day base for gift card

3 nights and a 2 day base for free dining

Nanc

Bethis26fan
08-16-2010, 11:21 AM
5 nights and a 2 day base for gift card

What gift card?

Tink1
08-16-2010, 11:38 AM
What gift card?

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=173981

Nanc

DisneyRPh
08-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Just tried calling Disney directly about the free dining. According to the representative, they aren't offering any discounts beyond February 2011, but the post shows dates into September. Is there a lag before they are loaded into their computers?

comicguy
08-16-2010, 11:57 AM
The discount dates/Gift card dates only go through Feb, while the free dining dates go into next Sept

DisneyDINK
08-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Looks like all of these are public offers. Disney Visa holders used to be able to book the discounts about a week before the public. Did they do away with that card benefit officially?

sherriepaul
08-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Just saw this thread and checked the Disney website about the free dining in September. I know that they have done free dining the past couple years at this time and was hoping again for it for 2011, but you never know. So excited to book our trip now!!!!:cloud9:

Dr. Disney
08-16-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm shocked they are doing this so soon, and for a full year, just WOW. Unfortunately, there is a downside. The restaurants will be packed! :mad:

NokOnHarts
08-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Going Jan. 17-24, Free dining only covers 2 of my days :( Guess that won't be happening.

So if it's between a 25% discount on a room or a $200 gift card, which is better? Only reason I'd be interested in the gift card is if it can be used at the restaurants (sit down and quick service). Otherwise a gift card would not benefit me at all. What are the rules on using the gift cards?

dinahvixen
08-16-2010, 06:27 PM
So happy - we're arriving on the 2nd of June and my dad was going to go with us and stay at POP - he couldn't afford the trip before and we were trying to think of ways he could go - less nights, etc (we're staying for 5), and now my kids and we are very excited that GRANDPA CAN GO! That dining makes a world of difference, thanks, Disney!

crltkcagle
08-16-2010, 06:42 PM
I am so excited to be getting free dining!!! We always go the last week in May and this was definetly a surpise! Just saved us a grand!!!

the other micki
08-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Wow! When I booked my Sept. 2011 vacation a little over a week ago, I thought I'd be waiting at least 6 months to hear anything on free dining! This great news for us! :woohoo:

TheVBs
08-17-2010, 08:53 AM
I know it's already been said, but - WOW!! We're planning to go next fall and I thought I'd have to wait months to see if they'd do free dining again. This is wonderful! :mickey:

CleveSJM
08-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Wow! When I booked my Sept. 2011 vacation a little over a week ago, I thought I'd be waiting at least 6 months to hear anything on free dining! This great news for us! :woohoo:

I was about to type almost the exact same post! Big family here... Love saving about $900!!! Thanks Wendy!!!

Kaps
08-17-2010, 09:20 AM
We are going Nov 4th through the 14th. I was hoping they would add these dates but no luck :mad: I wonder what is happening that they are blacking out the first week of November ? :confused:

TheVBs
08-17-2010, 09:27 AM
I just emailed the news to my DH. I thought he would think I was nuts for suggesting that we book over a year out. The response I got from him - "GO DISNEY!" :mickey:

So, if I understand correctly, if we book our trip starting on the last day the package is available, Sept. 29th 2011, it will be good for our entire stay, right?

Daisy'sMom
08-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Some of my family would be really interested in this for next year. But when they talked to CMs on ressie line, they said they knew nothing about this so far in advance. Is it only thru Magical Journeys? If that's the case, I will tell them to call MJ.:mickey:

fatboy
08-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Are you SURE it is free dining for all the above dates?? That is not what it says on the "PROMO". It has an end date for the free dining. Then says call for "OTHER GREAT RATES". It does not say free dining for the entire period.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-17-2010, 11:45 AM
I don't know if this is a dumb question or not :confused: but does your whole trip have to fall within the dates, or just the first booking date.

The original posts says "for arrival on most nights ..." then goes on to list a time frame of November 27 to December 2nd as one eligible window.

So if we were to book a vacation from say November 30 to December 7th, would we get the ddp for the entire stay, not at all, or just prorated. Our arrival date would fall within the eligible time frame, but our departure date most likely would not.

We were contemplating going December 2011, but the extended offerings have gotten us to rethink maybe going 2010 instead, and how the ddp is treated makes a differnce between which package we'd choose from.

azcavalier
08-17-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't know if this is a dumb question or not :confused: but does your whole trip have to fall within the dates, or just the first booking date.

The original posts says "for arrival on most nights ..." then goes on to list a time frame of November 27 to December 2nd as one eligible window.

So if we were to book a vacation from say November 30 to December 7th, would we get the ddp for the entire stay, not at all, or just prorated. Our arrival date would fall within the eligible time frame, but our departure date most likely would not.

We were contemplating going December 2011, but the extended offerings have gotten us to rethink maybe going 2010 instead, and how the ddp is treated makes a differnce between which package we'd choose from.

In the past, it has always been that you get the offer for the length of your stay as long as you BEGIN your stay during those dates.

For the last two years, and this year as well, we are going down the last weekend of the original free dining offer, but we get it for the length of our stay. Of course, both last year and this year they wound up extending it into December, so I guess the point is moot, but that's how they used to do it. You should be OK for your entire trip.

BIGDOG
08-17-2010, 02:40 PM
The free dining offer is the worse special that Disney offers. It reduces the quality of the food stresses out the employees at the rest.; and makes the overall cleanliness of the food establishments degraded. I was really hoping that the dining fiasco was over and there would just be a room special and no dining offers. I never use the dining option but still we pay for the fall out of the over all effects. This news makes us rather sad and if we do go we normally use small out of the way places that are never crowded if there is such a place any more.

TheVBs
08-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Just checked the WDW website and I'm able to book end of Sept. 2011 with the free dining! :mickey: This will officially be the earliest we have ever booked any vacation. :blush:

PopPhan
08-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Going Jan. 17-24, Free dining only covers 2 of my days :( Guess that won't be happening.

So if it's between a 25% discount on a room or a $200 gift card, which is better? Only reason I'd be interested in the gift card is if it can be used at the restaurants (sit down and quick service). Otherwise a gift card would not benefit me at all. What are the rules on using the gift cards?

First part: True.Since your trip does not BEGIN in a valid "Free DDP" time frame, you are not eligible for this promotion.

Second part: Jan. 17-24 = 7 nights. Sounds like you are staying at a Value resort (since you mention only the $200 gift card,) so the $200 Gift Card would tend to be the bigger savings. 7 nights @ Value resort (2 adults) = $786 * 20% = $157.20.

Gift Cards can be used almost anywhere they have a card reader. There are only a few exceptions, and I do not believe any of the restaurants fall into the exception category.

Dsnygirl
08-19-2010, 01:47 PM
I know it's already been said, but - WOW!! We're planning to go next fall and I thought I'd have to wait months to see if they'd do free dining again. This is wonderful! :mickey:
I totally agree -- our dates for next August were set b/c my oldest DD turns 13, and we promised her "the World" (:D) for her b'day. (The trip isn't the gift, just the day, as hers to choose & plan what we do... ;)) So, we were just hoping that free dining would be announced for our time period, as it's a longer trip for us and would be quite a savings. So, when I called my DH on Monday morning and said, "Guess what??", he just said, "Book it so we get a room..." and now we're all set. Woohoo! :thumbsup:

Buttercup
08-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Another dumb question here... :mickey:

In all the years we've gone, we've never used the Disney Dining Plan. But as the kids get older (and are eating more!) I'm thinking we might work our trip around this free dining offer.

We don't do a whole lot of Table Service meals, so I don't think the regular dining plan (and staying at a Moderate in order to get it) would be worth it for us. The Value Resort/Quick Service Plan seems like a better fit for our family.
But what if we have dinner one night at a Table Service place? Can we apply one of our Quick Service Meals to that, and then just pay the difference to the Table Service price?
(not sure if that makes sense) Or do we have to just pay cash for the Table Service meal, and then we'll have an extra Quick Service meal leftover as a result?

TheVBs
08-20-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay out of pocket for the TS. But since you get 2 QS meals per day, if you end up with an extra because you went to a TS, you could just use 3 QS in one day. Does that make sense?

doviasgirl
08-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Nancy....which would be a better choice....a bounceback offer that was booked last year (for Sept of this year) and maybe book it again for 2011 or go on and book the Free Dining offer for 2011 that is being offered now. I know the new price hikes will be in the new Free Dining offer, however, I didn't know if they are still offering bounceback offers and if they would automatically include any price increases in that offer. Thanks!

Either way we're going!!:D

Tink1
08-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Nancy....which would be a better choice....a bounceback offer that was booked last year (for Sept of this year) and maybe book it again for 2011 or go on and book the Free Dining offer for 2011 that is being offered now. I know the new price hikes will be in the new Free Dining offer, however, I didn't know if they are still offering bounceback offers and if they would automatically include any price increases in that offer. Thanks!

Either way we're going!!:D

Should be the same. You would have to really run it by your agent to be 100% sure

Nanc

1DisneyNut
08-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Are you SURE it is free dining for all the above dates?? That is not what it says on the "PROMO". It has an end date for the free dining. Then says call for "OTHER GREAT RATES". It does not say free dining for the entire period.

If you go to Disney's website, click on Special Offers and then select the free Dining Promo, at the bottom where it lists the dates it has the option to check availability for other dates. If you click on the link for "other dates" it will expand the list and show the dates all the way into September 2011.

I find it interesting that Disney keeps raising pricing each year even during this terrible economy and they claim that their research of guest satisfaction shows that guests still feel they are getting a great value for their money in a WDW vacation but yet they continually have to run these promotions to sell vacations. We just got back from a week long WDW vacation a few weeks ago and for this time of summer, the crowds are way off from previous years. The most popular rides still had 45 to 60 minute wait times but the others had only 20 to 30 minute waits. We are accustomed to seeing wait times of 90 and above on the most popular attractions and 45 to 60 minutes on the others.

Gibbs
08-22-2010, 06:34 PM
None of these dates are going to work for my vacation we are currently planning in August.
What do ya'll think is the likelyhood of Disney expanding these dates to cover more of August?

Dsnygirl
08-22-2010, 08:17 PM
None of these dates are going to work for my vacation we are currently planning in August.
What do ya'll think is the likelyhood of Disney expanding these dates to cover more of August?

Not too likely... Disney has traditionally kept to this time frame for free dining the last few years, keeping the first 2 weeks (or so) of August as part of the "summer pricing" and then dropping to value season about halfway through the month, and then offering the free dining special. Sorry it doesn't hit your dates! :(

spoonfulosugar
08-30-2010, 03:13 PM
I assume this doesn't limit you to only 4 nights, 5 days? Can you still take advantage of it if you want to stay longer?

ShanPooh
08-31-2010, 01:55 PM
I assume this doesn't limit you to only 4 nights, 5 days? Can you still take advantage of it if you want to stay longer?

Yes, you can stay longer. When we have gone during free dining in the past we stayed 6 or 7 nights. I believe you can stay even longer for free dining - maybe 10?

DisneyCraig
09-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Does anyone know why Feb 4 - 10 was exluded from the free dining? Is there something going on that week?

TheVBs
09-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know why Feb 4 - 10 was exluded from the free dining? Is there something going on that week?

I'm wondering if that's over President's Weekend when schools are on break?

DisneyCraig
09-01-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm wondering if that's over President's Weekend when schools are on break?

That was my initial thought as well, but it looks like President's day is the 21st of Feb next year.

We are planning for on going the 5th through the 12th and I was hoping to take advantage of the free dining. I am now concerned about the crowd level as well...

Tinkerbella16
09-01-2010, 02:25 PM
We are going Nov 4th through the 14th. I was hoping they would add these dates but no luck :mad: I wonder what is happening that they are blacking out the first week of November ? :confused:

The first week of November is usually busy there...being it is Jersey Week. Not summer crowds busy, but since schools are closed in NJ that week and teachers are on conventions...the majority of families take their kids to WDW that week. Could be why??

We are going August 19-25 2011 and were lucky enough to get the promotion!!!! Me and my bestfriend are taking her daughter for her first trip and I am a WDW Freak who will be planning this whole vacation!! So happpy!! :mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Booking now for 9/29/11-10/7/11! And hoping that they add dates in mid december... if they do we will move our vacation to see the holiday decorations for a change... If not HEy, we are in Disney... who's complaining?

AllDisney
09-23-2010, 09:55 AM
I had originally planned a mom & daughter trip for April 2011.

Kathy, with MJ, send us an email letting us know of the free dining offer & we were able to switch our dates to take advantage. We have never been able to take advantage of free during this time of year. Can't wait:number1:

Thanks Kathy:thumbsup:

princessgirls
09-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Nanci,

Thanks for the info.

If we book a value, can we upgrade and pay the difference to the Basic Dining plan??

Thanks!

Julie:mickey:

Tink1
09-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Nanci,

Thanks for the info.

If we book a value, can we upgrade and pay the difference to the Basic Dining plan??

Thanks!

Julie:mickey:

Yes, you can

Nanc

duncans mom
10-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Get FREE Dining with your Vacation Package When You Choose Select Dates
from October 2010 through September 2011

Buy one of these Magic Your Way room and ticket packages and get a FREE dining plan. Staying in the middle of the magic is the best way to experience Walt Disney World Resort. Visit when the lines at the theme parks may be shorter and enjoy this great offer!

Value Resorts receive FREE Quick Service Dining
Moderate and Depuxe Resorts receive FREE Basic Dining

For arrivals on most nights:

2010: Oct 1 - 7 • Oct 22 - 28 • Nov 12 - 18 • Nov 27 - Dec 2 • Dec 10 - 21

2011: Jan 1 - 5 • Jan 9 - 13 • Jan 21 - Feb 3 • Feb 11 - 17 • Feb 25 - Mar 3 • May 27 - Jun 2 • Aug 19 - Sept 29

Contact Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/request-pricing/) to book through December 20, 2010

Nanc

do you know if they will have the free dinning in oct 2011

Tink1
10-09-2010, 07:18 PM
do you know if they will have the free dinning in oct 2011

no way to tell yet!

As always, by booking with Magical Journeys we convert you to the better deals automatically.

Nanc

duncans mom
10-10-2010, 02:45 PM
no way to tell yet!

As always, by booking with Magical Journeys we convert you to the better deals automatically.

Nanc

thank you i am thinking of going again in the end of sept/oct 2011 and i will have a biger group with me and i liked the dinning plan:mickey: this will be#2 for me if i do it we are big disneyland people go about 3 times a year thanks

Mickey'sIrishPAl
10-21-2010, 08:25 AM

Same with me!! We booked for September 14-25, 2011 at CBR and was pleasantly surprised to find the free dining being offered so soon. I was going to stay at a value resort until I learned what the price difference was. We are so excited!!

brivers222
10-21-2010, 03:54 PM
no way to tell yet!

Nanc

I know they are offering those Gift Cards as well for like $200, $300 or $500... if by chance they offer the free dining in Dec 2011 will we get to Hannah Montana (Best of both worlds) or just get to choose one!

We are booking with MJ and just wondering how that works.

Tink1
10-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Disney only allows one discount/offer per reservation. They unfortunately do not allow you to combine.

Nanc

captain j
10-26-2010, 11:11 AM
This is just another program that does not include the DVC members.

CanadaLovesDisney
10-31-2010, 11:12 PM
Can anyone tell me if this free dining offer applies to all resorts? I was looking at Polynesian on the Disney website and it did not seem to allow the free dining as an option...

Tink1
10-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Can anyone tell me if this free dining offer applies to all resorts? I was looking at Polynesian on the Disney website and it did not seem to allow the free dining as an option...

All resorts are included, subject to availability.

Meaning, Polynesian is included but may not be available for the dates you wish. They limit the number of promotional rooms.

Nanc

luvdiznee
12-19-2010, 11:37 AM
The week of 4/18 is a blackout date? :thedolls:

dyin tago
12-23-2010, 11:28 AM
the week of 4/18 is easter week isn`t it ?

Tink1
12-23-2010, 02:12 PM
This offer ended on the 20th of December, so I guess they are all black out dates now.

Sorry!

(and April was blacked out)

Nanci