PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue Releases Schedule

jonsmom
08-15-2010, 08:21 PM
For anyone who may have missed it, JetBlue opened their schedule through May 2011. As a True Blue member I had gotten an email that they would be releasing on the 16th, but I was surprised when I checked their site today.;)

DisneyWFan
08-15-2010, 10:09 PM
I just checked my kids school vacation week

Leaving from Boston @ 6:00am $547

Leaving from Orlando @ 9:15pm $547

x6 People= $6692.40

1 week @ the cabins @ Fort Wilderness
With MYW WF&M & PH
and the dining plan for 6ppl= $6669.36 (5adults & 1 child)

is it me or should it really cost more to get there than to stay there for a week :mad:

I will grant you Easter falls the Sunday after we get back but the prices are much higher than last year and gives me more reason to drive

DisneyBunch5
08-16-2010, 09:30 AM
I was shocked at the prices also. Even though it takes away from our park time, it's very difficult to justify paying those prices, especially when travelling with a party of 5.

jonsmom
08-16-2010, 09:44 AM
I just checked my kids school vacation week

Leaving from Boston @ 6:00am $547

Leaving from Orlando @ 9:15pm $547

x6 People= $6692.40

1 week @ the cabins @ Fort Wilderness
With MYW WF&M & PH
and the dining plan for 6ppl= $6669.36 (5adults & 1 child)

is it me or should it really cost more to get there than to stay there for a week :mad:

I will grant you Easter falls the Sunday after we get back but the prices are much higher than last year and gives me more reason to drive

I was shocked to say the least. I bought the air with stops at Dulles. I dont like to stop, but the flight down at 6:30 am was $279 and the return at 4:30 was $205. I didnt think I would do much better at SWA. I would have had to pay AAA $60 right off the top to book and Providence would cost more to park vs. The Logan Express lot. It stinks...that is for sure.

TikiLounger
08-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Wow...

epceddie
08-19-2010, 01:53 AM
I just priced a possible trip for the last week in April flying from Boston and the roundtrip fare for the two of us was $1,362.80. Yikes! We're flying roundtrip in September for $418.80. The original price was $378, but we waited a couple of days to book and the price had gone up $40.
If this is a sign of things to come, Disney should start worrying, because people from the Northeast aren't going to be able to afford getting to Orlando. I will NEVER pay anywhere near $1,000 to fly to WDW. It'll be bye bye DVC Timeshare.

jonsmom
08-19-2010, 06:22 AM
I just priced a possible trip for the last week in April flying from Boston and the roundtrip fare for the two of us was $1,362.80. Yikes! We're flying roundtrip in September for $418.80. The original price was $378, but we waited a couple of days to book and the price had gone up $40.
If this is a sign of things to come, Disney should start worrying, because people from the Northeast aren't going to be able to afford getting to Orlando. I will NEVER pay anywhere near $1,000 to fly to WDW. It'll be bye bye DVC Timeshare.

SWA released their flights for Feb vacation and they were not much better than JB. I think they will be the same if not more than JB when they do release April. I did book our flights but its probably our last April vaca visit. The flights I booked went up $300 total and there are only 4 seats left on my return. Amazing...

VWL Mom
08-19-2010, 07:55 AM
I don't understand what they are trying to do to the WDW market.

We are going in October and I bought tickets for the trip down for $99 each. I still have not gotten them for the way home because they opened the November schedule at $394 one way. I keep checking for something lower (Tuesdays is the best day to check). Last year, as time got closer, they did lower them a bit.

Meanwhile we are seriously considering doing DL instead next year. $218 R/T per person. Have not been there in a while and would love to try the GC Villas anyway.

jonsmom
08-19-2010, 10:22 AM
I don't understand what they are trying to do to the WDW market.

We are going in October and I bought tickets for the trip down for $99 each. I still have not gotten them for the way home because they opened the November schedule at $394 one way. I keep checking for something lower (Tuesdays is the best day to check). Last year, as time got closer, they did lower them a bit.

Meanwhile we are seriously considering doing DL instead next year. $218 R/T per person. Have not been there in a while and would love to try the GC Villas anyway.

We went to DL last year and the airfare was much less. We went in the Summer so we could spend more time there.