PDA

View Full Version : DDP Counter Service Kids

crmark1
08-15-2010, 07:22 PM
I've been reading the kids menu's for the counter service resturants in the parks. I have a six year old son who I know cant survive a week on PB&J and Mac & Chesse. Does he have to order off the kids menu?

3AMommy
08-15-2010, 07:42 PM
If you have purchased the dining plan (or are receiving it free) yes your son does have to order off of the kids menu.

I have some picky eaters in my house and we get sick of the same ole, same ole...

But if you are diligent and look around you can find some great Counter service meals with more options for a child that's wants something more than pizza at every meal.

At MK try: Columbia Harbour House for a nice salad or El Pirata Y El Perico for quesadillas

At DHS try: the Commissary or the Backlot Express for sandwiches or fish

At AK try: Yak and Yeti for Egg Rolls or Flame Tree Barbecue for a sandwich.

At Epcot: Anywhere in the World Showcase has diverse children's menu options.

We were worried about this the first time we went as well, but once you are there you realize how much there really is to offer for the kiddos!

Hope you have a great time!!! :D

3AMommy :mickey:

Pirate Granny
08-15-2010, 09:19 PM
I believe that the back lot at the studios has sloppy joes...which I get every time I go...SMILE

Mickey91
08-16-2010, 12:29 AM
My best advice for counter service with kids is to get them a child's plate for breakfast (which is pretty good)and then buy what they want for lunch. If it is OP you can get whatever they wish. Their child's meal lunch offerings are terrible.:sick:

diz_girl
08-16-2010, 11:17 AM
I think that Marrakesh in Morocco at EPCOT also has at least one more non-standard kid's meal.

The only way that your son could order off the adult menu is to purchase an adult MYW ticket and the adult DDP. So unless you know that your son will consistently eat off of the adult menu, it's probably best to get the kids DDP for him and then pay OOP for extras. At TS meals, you can get him an appetizer if he has to suffer through the usual kid's fare for his entree.

princessesmom
08-16-2010, 08:13 PM
As everyone has already stated, he will have to order from the children's menu. That being said, the portions are very large and in the past we have been able to share and still have plenty of food to go go around. If it is really a problem, though, I would suggest not getting the ddp and just pay oop. That way everyone gets exactly what they want.

AgentP
08-16-2010, 08:48 PM
When we went last year, all of the CS credits were pooled with no difference between kids and adults. Has this changed?

Tink1
08-16-2010, 09:05 PM
In Epcot, the fish and chips stand does not have children meals. You order from the adult menu (at least it used to be that way!)

Nanc

ftwildernesskid
08-16-2010, 09:19 PM
When we went last year, all of the CS credits were pooled with no difference between kids and adults. Has this changed?

Same thing when we were there. We ordered off the kid's menu for our children, but we had extra credits at the end and discovered there was no difference between the child and adult credits. I asked about this and was told the kids could have been ordering off the adult menu the whole time since there was no differentiation between the 2. I'm not suggesting anyone break any rules, but the Disney staff were the ones who told me it was ok to order adult menu items.

kakn7294
08-16-2010, 09:20 PM
The credits are pooled but it's still expected that order a kids meal. In the past, we have swapped meals with my DD when she wanted what was on the adult menu. Sometimes we ordered something a bit extra - a single burger or whatever - to enhance the kids selections.

crmark1
08-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks for all the help! I think my problem has been solved with the announcement of the free DDP in 2011. Right now our plan is to be at the World Feb 11-16 staying at POP and upgrading to the Regular DDP from the free quick service DDP.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-18-2010, 09:37 AM

No, it hasn't changed, but the rules are that if you are on the DDP, and the restaraunt or counter service area offers a kids menu selection, the child must order their meal off of said kids menu. Doesn't mean you can't swap meals once they've been ordered, but if there is a child they must use the kids meal.