PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Grill & Wolfgang Puck

KAT1811
08-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Can anyone give me some feedback of these restaurants? We haven't eaten there but I just booked a friend dinner at each restaurant. I am hoping that they will enjoy it. They just booked a trip during free dining in November. If you have any other recommendations they would be appreciated. They are using the DDP and as of now are not park hopping. The two nights they will be eating at these restaurants will be the days they are at DHS (Captain's) and AK (Wolfgang). They have late ADRs. :thanks:

Pop Centurion
08-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Haven't tried Captain's Grill but Wolfgang Puck's is one of my favorite places to eat. Nice atmosphere especially later in the evening. It can get a little noisy in the waiting area at times. Wait staff is very friendly & attentive.

As for the food, I've personally tried:

Crispy Calamari - Very good and perfectly cooked (not rubbery from being over cooked) The breading is light and the dipping sauce is excellent.

Chicken Fettuccine - Surprisingly my least favorite. Very average and not what I expected from here.

Margarita Pizza - The best pizza in WDW! (pending my upcoming visit to Via Napoli)

Pumpkin Ravioli - Absolutely delicious and is now my traditional go to entree. I doubt I'll ever try anything else unless they're out of it.

My Wife usually gets the organic half Chicken & really enjoys it.

My Niece had the Three Cheeses Ravioli and really liked them.

I've heard good things about the meatloaf but my Wife's Niece had it last year & didn't like it.

All the desserts are really good.

sassafras
08-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Have had dinner several times at the Captain's Grille. It is one of the most unhurried meals we've ever enjoyed at DW. Very relaxing atmosphere.The Chef comes out and makes the rounds of the room, talking to everyone about their choices. We're going back there in 2 weeks when we go do DW. I think they will definitely enjoy it!

RedSoxFan
08-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm curious about Captain's Grille too as we're going to eat there for free dining in December. The menu looks good.

Jillirose
08-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Tried Captain's Grill last trip, everyone enjoyed the meal. We love Wolfgang Puck and Wolfgang Puck's Express. Great food there, have been numerous times :)

disneymom2000
08-14-2010, 11:17 PM
I am trying Captain's Grille for the first time myself this coming December. I ate at Wolfgang Pucks a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. I can't wait to try the CG.