PDA

View Full Version : AKL or WL

waymickey
08-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Just got back form a trip to Dw and stayed at the wilderness lodge. While we were there we went to the AK lodge to see the animal s at night. The resort looked so beautiful. so my question is this, For people who have stayed at both which do you like better? I am considering changing my plans fo rthe next trip to AKL and would like to get some opinions. I figure the animals are a plus but does it ever smell ? Are the buses a drag and hows the food at the quick service?

Thanks for any info.

RedSoxFan
08-13-2010, 04:17 PM
We loved our stay at AKL a few years ago. We had pool view rooms which were very nice. I didn't notice any smell when outside with the animals. BOMA's is a great restaurant. We never had a wait for the busses and I personally didn't feel that going to any park was a long drive.

AllDisney
08-13-2010, 04:31 PM
AKL is our favorite. You don't smell the animals while outside, at least we never did.

The restaurants are great. Our fav is Jiko. Make a reservation.....you won't be disappointed.

Good luck in your decision.

LudwigVonDrake
08-15-2010, 03:55 PM
WL is my preference. Much closer to the action :)

MinniesMom
08-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Stayed at both. Preferred WL for the location but AKL overall. SV rooms were awesome for the kids. Never noticed any kind of odor. Restaurants are wonderful. Especially CS at Mara for the norm plus the African salad & paw print brownies :) After staying at almost every DLX, Mara has hands down the best DLX CS. Kids loved the zero entry pool. The only downside to AKL is location. It seemed to take so long on the buses to get anywhere (the small upside is that the buses aren't shared.) But I guess the positives outweighed that big negative. You should try it. Especially since you've already stayed at WL. AKL just might become your new favorite.

Gator
08-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Well, both are tough when it comes to getting to the parks. The bus service is slower at WL, but AKL is farther than all the other resorts. I guess it depends on your tastes. Do you like American Forests or African Savanahs?

I really loved the AKL. The atmosphere is great and the architecture is cool. That being said, WL is a great looking place as well. Just pick one this time and go the other the next.:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Our next stay in October is at AKL - Kidani Village - Savannah view. We have always, always wanted to stay there. We have stayed at WL lodge. It was beautiful, but, AKL is more magical for us. When we stayed at WL, it was great but, we found to have longer waits for transportation at WL than anywhere else we have stayed.

AKL gets our vote! But, I'm always an adovate of staying someplace new. Our goal is to stay at every disney resort. So, stay somewhere new.