PDA

View Full Version : Via Napoli Seating

Brian
08-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Has anyone here been to Via Napoli yet? I looked at some pictures and it looks like a lot of the seating (at least the high-top seating) is all together. In other words, you could be bumping elbows with a stranger. Is this truly the case? Or, am I mis-interpreting the pictures? Not that I mind meeting other people but, when I'm eating a meal with my family, I'd prefer that it just be us. :mickey:

Thanks in advance for any response!

Strmchsr
08-13-2010, 11:52 AM
The seating is fairly close together. I watched a tour on the Disney Parks Blog and you won't be off to yourself, but I don't know of too many places at WDW where I would describe the dining as "intimate."

Now, there are plenty of tables where you can have just your family. It doesn't mean that everyone is sitting together at one long table. The tables are just pretty close together.

Brian
08-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks for your response!

Close together is OK as long as its separate tables. In the picture I saw, it looked like a single table that seated multiple families.

Strmchsr
08-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks for your response!

Close together is OK as long as its separate tables. In the picture I saw, it looked like a single table that seated multiple families.

There is some seating like that, but not all of it.

brownie
08-13-2010, 05:50 PM
It can make for some memorable moments to share a meal with strangers. It is nice to have some more private meals, but sometimes you can find hidden gems when you're seated close to others. I'm looking forward to eating at Via Napoli in December!

TheRustyScupper
08-13-2010, 07:44 PM
In other words, you could be bumping elbows with a stranger. Is this truly the case?

1) Yep.
2) That is pretty much the case.
3) I would not say it is REALLY close together.
4) But,
. . . I blotted my mouth with my napkin
. . . then found out it was the neighbor's table cloth

Melanie
08-13-2010, 09:34 PM

There is one huge table in the center of the restaurant that is meant for large parties. Maybe that's what you saw? When we were there, it looked like it was a wedding party occupying that table.

Rusty had a different experience than I did. We had a 6 top table, with a 4 top beside us, and I was on the end and never felt crowded. Actually, I felt like the restaurant was quite open, and nowhere near as crowded as say Le Cellier, Kona Cafe or San Angel. If I remember correctly, there were many round tables as well.

disneymom2000
08-15-2010, 12:24 AM
That's how the seating is at the restaurant in Italy. Extremely close together and hardly enough room to walk through it.