PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs Question?

Martino
08-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Hi, Folks :D

Now that Sister and brother in law joining us :thumbsup: for our 2 week vacation and we are now 6, we have decided to stay at a 2 bed villa at SSR. instead of having 2 rooms at CS or CB. Giving us more space and a kitchen etc..

Can someone please tell me which may be the best block to stay at, in respect of Disney buses and distance to restaurants/front desk etc

Also, can anyone tell me if it is nice here or if there any reasons I should look elsewhere perhaps. Have only passed resort in boat from POFQ and it looks nice.

Thanks for help

Maleficent's Dad
08-13-2010, 09:35 AM
SSR is a Disney resort, so of course it will be nice! :mickey: It gets a lot of criticism due to the fact that the resort is large & spread out, and it is a distance from the theme parks (although right next door - literally - to DTD).

With regards to room location:
"The Springs" is closest to the main area (lobby, pool, etc.). It is also at the final bus stop before leaving the resort (which means less time on the bus, but lesser a chance for a seat).
"The Grandstand" is not too far away from the main area, and it has it's own themed pool. This area is the first bus stop, so there will be seats available but it makes for a longer ride.
"Congress Park" has great views of DTD and is probably the most popular section of SSR. It's also the 2nd to last bus stop.
There are also "The Paddock" and "The Carousel" areas, and while nice, I can't comment on them other than they make up the mid-bus route.

The 2BR are very nice at SSR. Ever consider a Treehouse Villa? Very VERY nice accomodations!

BW Fan
08-13-2010, 11:24 AM
there are 2 bedroom villas at each of the DVC resorts - Beach Club and Boardwalk are our favorites due to location, but Bay Lake Tower, Wilderness Lodge and AKL are good also. Stayed at Old Key West several years ago and they have the largest 2 bedroom villas on property. You need to select based on your location preference.

tundramom
08-13-2010, 03:37 PM
SSR is a pretty resort, great landscaping, my DH loves running there. We love staying out in the Paddock/Carousel section (now 2nd stop on bus) because you always get a seat going and get dropped off quickest coming back. Mind you, we don't mind walking down to the Artist's Palette, for us a brisk 3-4 min. walk. With wee ones I think I'd be inclined to stay in closer. Plusses: light, airy decor, patio areas on ground level units, green space. We also like AKV at Kidani, not as much outdoor space, no running path, but you get to go out around the firepit and see animals (even without Savanna view). Huge master bathroom is a plus, as is the exotic feel, and fewer points. Negatives for us: rooms are dark feeling, living room feels smaller in 1BR vs. SSR, no food court, you have to walk or bus over to Jambo.

Ed
08-14-2010, 08:26 PM
We stayed at SSR last month in the Carousel area. We had a "lock off" 2 bedroom villa, which is essentially a 1 bedroom connected to a studio. It worked out great for us because we had two verandahs, a full kitchen plus the kitchenette in the studio, and two full bathrooms.

Yes, Carousel is a little off the beaten path, but as others pointed out the buses were uncrowded and we were far enough away from the main swimming pool area that it was very quiet and relaxing.