PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for special activity for DH?

applecore72
08-13-2010, 07:53 AM
We are going to Disney in less than 3 weeks and it will be our Honeymoon :bride: as well as my DHs first trip to Disney! I want to surprise him with some special tour/activity besides the park and show him the versatality of a Disney Vacation (yes - I want to turn him over to the Disney-side! :mickey: )

Do you have any suggestions? He likes golf (we're already doing one round) and I've looked into the Richard Petty Driving Experience (which seams like a good idea but a bit exepnsive for my budget).

azcavalier
08-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Well, when I clicked on the thread, I was going to ask if he likes golf, but apparently you have that covered.

Where are you eating? That can make or break the trip as well. Go somewhere nice at least once (California Grill, if you can swing it). I wouldn't do too much "special stuff" though. If it's his first time, take him to the parks! I mean, I know there is lots of stuff to do at WDW, but the parks ARE WDW. That's what got you hooked, right?

applecore72
08-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Yes the parks are of course the best way to make someone a Disney-fanatic! However; we're staying at DW for 16 days so there'll be plenty of extra time for some other activites.

A nice dinner is a good idea! I have made reservations at GF (private dinner for 2), character breakfast at Ohana and Cape May, dinner at Sanaa's, San Angel Inn, Olivia's and House of Blues and then we'll probably eat at some restaurants outside Disney.

I'm still thinking something of a golf activity. Do you know if it's possible to have private golf lessons with a Pro?

BugeyedMuggy
08-13-2010, 09:28 AM
A carriage ride is inexpensive and you can bring a bottle of champangne. Fun & romantic

Strmchsr
08-13-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm still thinking something of a golf activity. Do you know if it's possible to have private golf lessons with a Pro?

Yes, you can get private lessons.

If he's scuba certified then DiveQuest is one of the best experiences in the park. Nothing like sitting at the bottom of the Seas aqaurium with a sandtiger shark swimming 12" in front of you. :thumbsup:If not, the Aquaseas Tour is still awesome.

azcavalier
08-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Holy cow....16 days?? That's incredible. I would think that in 16 days, you could do...well, a LOT.

Lessons with a golf pro? Check.
Extra tours? Check.
A few rounds of golf? Check.
Richard Petty Driving Experience? Check.

What time of year will you be going?

faline
08-13-2010, 09:54 AM
A tour such as the Segway Tour in Epcot or the Keys to the Kingdom tour might be nice!

Wrigley
08-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Does your DH like to fish?
On our last trip, while my DD and I were at a Princess breakfast, my DH did the guided fishing at the Yacht Club and had a fabulous time! He is looking forward to doing it again on our next trip! There are several places you can do the guided fishing, and my DH was very impressed with the guide!

LauraF
08-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Mine has been trying to arrange a trip over to Wide World of Sports when baseball is there. (So far our schedules haven't lined up with baseball games.) If your hubby like sports, that might be worth a day trip.

applecore72
08-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Holy cow....16 days?? That's incredible. I would think that in 16 days, you could do...well, a LOT.

Lessons with a golf pro? Check.
Extra tours? Check.
A few rounds of golf? Check.
Richard Petty Driving Experience? Check.

What time of year will you be going?

We are going this September (in less than 3 weeks :mickey: ) and we are travelling all the way from Sweden. Therefore the number of days :mickey:

thank you so much for your suggestions - I am leaning towards the driving experience or the Segway tour!

BelleKP
08-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm with Faline . . . do the Segway tour at EP. I gave that to my DH for his birthday last year and he loved it.
Or what about a diving experience in the Seas at EP . . . never done it, but it sounds cool!
Have a great trip! :thumbsup:

Suz36
08-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Still a park, but the water parks would be something different. I've always wanted to do the parasailing over Seven Seas lagoon - I've seen it on some of the shows but never actually looked into it, I'm guessing it is a bit pricey. I've also heard of a lot of people having fun renting the water mice. Congrats and have a wonderful time!

BigRedDad
08-18-2010, 04:32 AM
Like another poster, if he likes to fish, I am sure it is a great experience. FL lakes have plenty of good bass and some of good size. It is not outrageously expensive. Richard Petty driving experience is expensive.

Have you thought of something off site as well? There is a lot to do away from Disney.

CanadianWDWFan
08-18-2010, 06:54 AM
I agree, you could do the Epcot Seas Aqua Tour (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/seas-aqua-tour/). This is where you get to snorkel in the Living Seas tank. You get about 45 minutes snorkeling and the whole tour is about 3 hours. If you are Scuba certified you can do DiveQuest (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/epcot-dive-quest/), which is nearly the same but you are scuba diving and get to explore the whole tank. I have done both and loved them.

Check out this link (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/) to Disney Tours and Experiences website.

Oh and Congratulations!!

wildernesslady
08-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Here's another vote for the segway tour. My husband loved it.