PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays + Family = Magic! Day 1

Suz36
08-12-2010, 10:59 PM
After very little sleep ("I'm too excited to sleep!"), we left the house before the sun rose for our 7AM flight out of BWI. We used Express Parking, which as always was a breeze, and met up with my parents checking bags at Air Tran. We grabbed some breakfast, and my anxiety level lessened a bit as my DB and family arrived. It was a great flight, we arrived 13 minutes early and caught our 1st monorail ride of the trip. The kids were just soooo excited to be together! Our ME experience wasn't the best ever - waited at MCO, then had to endure stops at Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, drove right past POFQ! to FW where we sat in a traffic jam at the gate, before finally arriving at POFQ. Not the way I wanted to start the trip, but I seemed to be the only one really stressing about it. Just so you know, I was the planner for the entire trip, which then makes me feel responsible for everyone's happiness, so I stress when things don't go as planned. One of these days I'll learn to, as Crush sings, "just go with the flow." Anyway, back to our story. We checked-in, got birthday buttons for DD and DH, and left our carry-ons with Bell Services. As we were going through check-in, DSIL and DNi presented me with an adorable TInk charm watch to thank me for planning the trip - how sweet! Now it's off to MK! We saw "my castle" and made our way to Tomorrowland, passing a cute family of ducks - we saw so many ducklings this week! Grabbed FPs for Buzz, then a yummy lunch at Cosmic Ray's, catching a Sonny Eclipse performance for the first time. After lunch, we ran into our old friend PUSH, and my DNe had a blast! We couldn't stop laughing, and when he peeked under PUSH, I think trying to figure out how it worked, PUSH exclaimed, "Hey, I don't even let my girlfriend look under there!" Magical moment!! We rode the TTA, a family favorite, then Buzz. DS had gotten 999,999 on our last trip, so after this ride, he told the CM about it, and was told to go to the photo desk for a special celebration button proclaiming his status - Galactic Hero I think? Laugh Floor was next, DB got chosen as Sulley, so was then nicknamed this for the rest of the trip. DB and fam wanted to do Stitch (not our cup of tea), so the 4 of us headed to Pirates, cooled off at the spitting tikis, and met up at Aloha Isle for Dole Whips!!! Time for the parade, then Small World. The Italian boy in the gondola reminds me of my DNe for some reason, so I was excited to share him, but Italian boy was not there!!! Oh, well. We did some pin trading in Frontierland, then it was time for our kid's first time on Space Mountain. DS was yelling like a cowboy the whole time - "Yee ha!", and DD was a bit indifferent - certainly not her favorite (that's BTM.) I'd forgotten about the seats being individual - that made me quite nervous, and my shoulders nearly seperated during the ride as I tried to reach back to hold DS! One more spin on the TTA, then we made our way out of the park to catch a boat to the Wilderness Lodge for dinner at Whispering Canyon. This had been a request of DBs. We said hello to Humphrey and did a little pin trading while waiting, then had a very enjoyable dinner. Our waitress, Suzanne, was a lot of fun, throwing straws at my daughter and teasing the kids - this was when DNi got her nickname, Tooth. DS asked for ketchup, and all the kids helped share the bottles later, and raced the hobby horses. I ordered a large iced tea, but all the big glasses must have been dirty. After delicious desserts, everyone seemed exhausted (except me! I never get tired at WDW!), so we decided to skip Spectro and Wishes and headed "home." A Mickey towel was waiting on our bed, I set our wake-up call (one of my favorite things on vacation - "We wish you magical dreams! - DH has to do this for me when we get home!), and we were out cold!

Briansmom
08-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Sounds like a great start! It's getting me excited for our upcoming trip! Thanks for the report! :mickey:

Goofeygal
08-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Great trip report.

DizNee143
08-13-2010, 08:33 AM
sounds like a wonderful start to your vacation..cant wait to read more about it! :mickey:

T-Belle
08-13-2010, 08:39 AM
What a great start!

RedSoxFan
08-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Sounds like a great first day.:mickey:

faline
08-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Other than your long Magical Express ride, you had a wonderful beginning to your trip!

So, have the nicknames carried beyond the trip?

Suz36
08-30-2010, 09:40 PM
So, have the nicknames carried beyond the trip?

Tooth and Pillow have stuck - I'll have to try to resurrect Sulley for DB!

Jennib
08-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Great first day !! Thanks for sharing

princessgirls
09-02-2010, 11:05 AM
You are off to a great start!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey: