PDA

View Full Version : Use park ticket and/or event ticket?

pillowfight8
08-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Can't decide what to do...we are buying a ticket for the christmas party at MK...should i just wait to go to the MK when the party starts or should i use a park ticket and an event ticket to get a whole day in....we have been to the MK before and we are two adults no children..would like to be able to enjoy the rides such as pirates, splash mtn, space, and haunted mansion...but not sure if time allows for use to do those things plus the party and fireworks...have ADR's for 3:15 at The crystal Palace but can change those. If i change those whats the best time and place to watch parades and such for dinner? Time only allows for us to spend one day in each park....Thanks in advance for all help!!

magicofdisney
08-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I think you can enter the park 2-3hrs before the event begins, so I'd opt for the special event ticket only. I guess it ultimately depends on how much you want to be there. :mickey:

DizneyRox
08-12-2010, 07:48 PM
This year it appears the event tickets are good for the event ONLY. So if it starts at 7pm, that event ticket won't work before 7pm. This is the first year they are enforcing it.

PopPhan
08-12-2010, 07:49 PM
I think you can enter the park 2-3hrs before the event begins, so I'd opt for the special event ticket only. I guess it ultimately depends on how much you want to be there. :mickey:

Not anymore! As of this year, entry with the ticket will be at/after 7pm, not at/after 4pm as in previous years.

I would use your regular park ticket to go to another park during the day, then go the MK at 7 and enjoy the festivities.

08-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Not anymore! As of this year, entry with the ticket will be at/after 7pm, not at/after 4pm as in previous years.

Your source for this is?

Goofy4TheWorld
08-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Your source for this is?
It has been widely reported by folks have been told of this rule change when ordering their party tickets on the phone. Disney hasn't put out a press release, but if the CMs on the phone are not taking liberties with the truth, it has changed.

My letter included with my MNSSHP states: "one admission to MNSSHP at the MK on 10/14/2010 from 7:00PM until Midnight."

Not sure if the letter said the same thing in previous years or not, but that is what I have for this year's.

Mickey91
08-12-2010, 10:36 PM

Rumor has it that this year that will not be the case. Before you make that decision, at least wait until people start posting about their experience. First party, I think, is Sept. 14.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Can't decide what to do...we are buying a ticket for the Christmas party at MK...should i just wait to go to the MK when the party starts or should i use a park ticket and an event ticket to get a whole day in....we have been to the MK before and we are two adults no children..would like to be able to enjoy the rides such as pirates, splash mtn, space, and haunted mansion...but not sure if time allows for use to do those things plus the party and fireworks...have ADR's for 3:15 at The crystal Palace but can change those. If i change those whats the best time and place to watch parades and such for dinner? Time only allows for us to spend one day in each park....Thanks in advance for all help!!

Keep in mind that the cost to add a fourth day to a 3-day ticket is ONLY about $6, and to add a fifth, sixth, seventh, etc... is ONLY about $3 per day. With this in mind, if you are contemplating buying a 3 day ticket instead of a 4 day ticket, your will only save about $6. Saving that $6 will cost you very valuable time at MK if your are only going to go to MK on your party date.

Mickey91
08-12-2010, 10:48 PM
It has been widely reported by folks have been told of this rule change when ordering their party tickets on the phone. Disney hasn't put out a press release, but if the CMs on the phone are not taking liberties with the truth, it has changed.

My letter included with my MNSSHP states: "one admission to MNSSHP at the MK on 10/14/2010 from 7:00PM until Midnight."

Not sure if the letter said the same thing in previous years or not, but that is what I have for this year's.

The letter from our 2003 tickets says they are good for the time stated on the ticket ($31.90 including tax!). I cannot see that part of the ticket because it is plastered to a scrapbook page. But I found our tickets from 2007(35.95 +tax) and the ticket says "good for MNSSHP from 7:00PM to Midnight. I know people were going in early on that day.

But, why not do Animal Kingdom that day. It usually closes around 5:00 anyway. Then you can still be at the party by 7:00 and then have a whole day at MK later to do all the rides. Because honestly, if you do the party stuff, trick or treat, characters, parade, shows and wishes, there really isn't any time to ride anything and the party stuff is what you have paid extra for.

08-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Didn't mean it quite like it sounded, but, the tickets have always stated and all of the promotional info has the parties starting at 7.

East turnstiles have opened at 4 pm to allow party guests in early to relieve entry congestion, because if they did not, the lines at the turnstiles would be looooooooooong. In addition we always have had ticket verification and wrist banding in the Rose Garden for guests that were already in the park. Park "sweep" starts at 7 to clear the non wrist banded guests out of the park and only takes about 30 to 45 minutes.

It has become so efficient in the past year that I could not see them changing it now as it would invite extreme congestion and would not allow for an efficient park sweep in time for setup for the first parade.

I worked (Parade Audience Control or turnstiles) for all but one of the halloween parties and all but 2 of the Christmas parties last year so I do know what the planning scheme was. I'll be back down in a couple of weeks and will ask one of our managers if there is any change.

Not saying that they aren't going to change it but, knowing what I do know about how the system works, it would really surprise me that they would make this change.

Just my $.02

Goofy4TheWorld
08-12-2010, 11:27 PM
But, why not do Animal Kingdom that day. It usually closes around 5:00 anyway. Then you can still be at the party by 7:00 and then have a whole day at MK later to do all the rides. Because honestly, if you do the party stuff, trick or treat, characters, parade, shows and wishes, there really isn't any time to ride anything and the party stuff is what you have paid extra for.

I think doing AK that day is a great idea, especially if you like to maximize your park time at WDW. Can't believe I didn't think of that!:blush:

Didn't mean it quite like it sounded, but, the tickets have always stated and all of the promotional info has the parties starting at 7.

East turnstiles have opened at 4 pm to allow party guests in early to relieve entry congestion, because if they did not, the lines at the turnstiles would be looooooooooong. In addition we always have had ticket verification and wrist banding in the Rose Garden for guests that were already in the park. Park "sweep" starts at 7 to clear the non wrist banded guests out of the park and only takes about 30 to 45 minutes.

It has become so efficient in the past year that I could not see them changing it now as it would invite extreme congestion and would not allow for an efficient park sweep in time for setup for the first parade.

I worked (Parade Audience Control or turnstiles) for all but one of the Halloween parties and all but 2 of the Christmas parties last year so I do know what the planning scheme was. I'll be back down in a couple of weeks and will ask one of our managers if there is any change.

Not saying that they aren't going to change it but, knowing what I do know about how the system works, it would really surprise me that they would make this change.

Just my $.02

There have been multiple reports of people being told this rule change by CMs at CRO. I always felt like this started with a memo posted at the coffee pot that, just as in years before, that the parties started at 7pm, and from that memo, some rookie CMs took that to mean that entry wasn't allowed until 7pm, and as that misinterpretation got repeated around the water cooler, it spread around the globe.

All pure speculation on my part, but I too would be shocked if Disney actually changed this rule.

Mickey91
08-13-2010, 01:42 AM
OOPS! Sorry, I was thinking Halloween. There is no trick or treating at Christmas! :blush: Obviously! LOL! But the shows and character meets are worth every minute! Make sure to meet Belle. She usually shows up in her Christmas gown and it is the only time you will see her in it!:thumbsup:

pillowfight8
08-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Animal Kingdom what a great idea for that day, Thanks so much for the help , I knew there was someone with a great idea out there. Thanks!!