PDA

View Full Version : any carowinds info.

goofyfan4466
08-12-2010, 03:49 PM
last night on tv , we saw a show about carowinds theme park on the nc. / sc. border. anybody been there ? how was it ? any good or bad reviews ? does anybody know how far off i - 95 this theme park is ? thanks in advance

Melanie
08-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Oh, it's a long way from I-95, at least a couple of hours. It sits on I-77 just south of Charlotte.

I haven't been in years...way before it was bought by Paramount, and before there was a water park. I don't even think it's owned by Paramount anymore.

ChipNDale79
08-13-2010, 10:19 AM
last night on tv , we saw a show about carowinds theme park on the nc. / sc. border. anybody been there ? how was it ? any good or bad reviews ? does anybody know how far off i - 95 this theme park is ? thanks in advance

I can see the Intimidator from my back yard (literally), last year we had season passes to Carowinds and went all the time. We havent made it back yet this year, so therefore we have not rode the Intimidator just yet. I would also note that Carowinds sister park in VA (Kings Dominion) opened a coaster very similar last year as well and is about 80ft taller.

I love Carowinds, its the park i grew up going to, but honestly I would not drive hours out of my way to go. The employees are not nearly as friendly as Disney and the park is not nearly as clean or kept up.

The coasters are fun, but not the greatest in the world either.

Let me know if you have any more questions, i can probably help.