PDA

View Full Version : Some Super secrets??

MickeysEars
08-12-2010, 11:30 AM
The only ones that I know about are the ones I have learned here

I will just do one from each park

MK: walkway from TT to TL
E: ?
HS: Key under the mat at Muppets
AK:?

See, I need some more! I am sure I just can't think of them right now

cer
08-12-2010, 12:11 PM
AK: there is a shrine located across a body of water from Expedition Everest. If you stand in front of the shrine, you will notice that the silouette (sp?)of the shrine matches the mountain.....

MK: On occasion there is a "Kiss Goodnight". You will need to check with guest relations to see if it is happening the evening you are there, but it is one last goodnight at the end of the day from the castle/park....I have never seen before, because I keep forgetting. One of my things on my list for next time.

I will start thinking and see if I can come up with some more...

Oh, Epcot: This is one of my favorites. There is a large fountain between future world and world showcase. This fountain has its own show. The volume of the music comes up and the sprays are timed to the music. I love it and what is so great is that you look around and see people walking by and not taking any notice, it is almost as if it is performing just for you.

Daisy'sMom
08-12-2010, 12:24 PM
In Morocco at World Showcase, stand in the foyer and listen to the 'family" in one of the apartments upstairs.:mickey:

D-ko
08-12-2010, 12:38 PM
There is a pet cemetery located at the exit to the Haunted Mansion and you can see poor Mr. Toad (I guess his wild ride ended?) buried there. Kinda morbid .. love it!

What is TT to TL?!

IloveJack
08-12-2010, 12:44 PM
What is TT to TL?!

Toon Town to Tomorrow Land. There is a "hidden" pathway that cuts way down on foot traffic. It's used for a Trick-or-Treat trail during MNSSHP. Walk to the back of TT, past Mickey's house and the Barnstormer, and take a right. You'll come out close to Cosmic Ray's.

2MuchWDFun
08-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Toon Town to Tomorrow Land. There is a "hidden" pathway that cuts way down on foot traffic. It's used for a Trick-or-Treat trail during MNSSHP. Walk to the back of TT, past Mickey's house and the Barnstormer, and take a right. You'll come out close to Cosmic Ray's.

We found it when we attended MNSSHP a few years back. It has an Alice in Wonderland theme...remember seeing a lot of card soldiers. We were surprised that we had never been on the walkway before. I am going to check it out when we go in December--although it may be closed off because of construction going on in Fantasyland.

azcavalier
08-12-2010, 02:06 PM
You've gotta look for the "Singing in the Rain" fountain/lightpost at DHS. You stand under it, and it starts to rain on you!

ransam
08-12-2010, 09:20 PM
in epcot, while standing on the bridge connecting future world and world showcase. there is a spot you can see the tower of terror from DHS.
as you go through the castle into fantasyland, and turn right, there is a fountain with Cinderella in the middle. If you get on your knees (about the height of a child) and look up, you will see a royal crown form over her head.
the cues at pirates tell completely differnt stories. if you go to the left you are going through the pirates private quarters. If you go to the right you are going where they keep their amunition and keep prisoners.
speaking of pirates. there is a chess game going on w/ two pirates, and both pirates have checkmate on each others.

kemps@wdw
08-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Lotta "spitting" goin on @ Adventureland. Either the camel @ Aladin's or the giant "Enchanted" tikis! :tikki:
The twinkling lights in the sidewalk in Epcot under SE is a beautiful ending to a magical day.
The well outside Indiana Jones holds a little surprise, :secret: and the "One Man's Dream" is a true treasure :chest: @ DHS.
And I'm sure that there are lots of hidden gems @ AK, but a slow stroll thru the Oasis is an attraction in itself.

CU Tiger
08-13-2010, 12:07 PM
MK: I like telling people about searching for the paint brushes on Tom Sawyer's Island:mickey:

MickeysEars
08-13-2010, 10:53 PM
These are good...keep them coming

SorcererJim
08-13-2010, 11:09 PM
HS: In the Muppet queue, looking for some netting filled with boxes of jello ... think famous former original mousketeer. :mickey:

BigThunderFan
08-15-2010, 02:35 PM
HS: In the Muppet queue, looking for some netting filled with boxes of jello ... think famous former original mousketeer. :mickey:

Would that be A net full of Jello? :mickey:

Altair
08-15-2010, 04:52 PM
We have never seen this before. It is in Japan near the candy lady and is some kind of enchanted tree:
[photo of tree (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/4894745329_3575986c10_b.jpg)
There is a tree back there. It changes from no leaves to full of leaves after the fog.

SorcererJim
08-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Would that be A net full of Jello? :mickey:

Maybe you're on to something there :thumbsup:

PharmD
08-15-2010, 09:45 PM
AK - Watch for lady divine. We have seen her a couple of times near pizzafari and over near the pathway from Africa to Asia. She is a lady on stilts that has her face painted green and is wearing a costume that looks like ivy. She's really cool.

MK - Watch for the talking, moving trash can over in Tomorrowland. There is a guy usually dressed in safari clothes that has a back pack. If you watch him real close you can see the controls are in the back pack and he has a mike in his hand.

Epcot - There is a hidden mickey in Spaceship Earth. It is in the area where the painter is painting on the left side. On the table nearest the track the hidden mickey is made to look like where paint cans were sitting on the table.

Disney Studios - Outside of Indiana Jones there are some crates stacked up that say don't open. Open them for some fun.

Speedy1998
08-15-2010, 09:48 PM
in epcot, while standing on the bridge connecting future world and world showcase. there is a spot you can see the tower of terror from DHS.

Actually, if you know where to look you can see it from quite a few spots in the World showcase. That is why the Tower of Terror is painted the color it is. It blends in with the buildings in Morroco. Most guest see it and mistake it for part of the Morrocan Pavillion.

TikiLounger
08-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Disney Studios - Outside of Indiana Jones there are some crates stacked up that say don't open. Open them for some fun.

and be sure to pull the rope at the archaeological dig site outside the entrance...

foolishmortal83
08-16-2010, 11:31 AM
In Morocco at World Showcase, stand in the foyer and listen to the 'family" in one of the apartments upstairs.:mickey:

That's kind of cool and spooky all at the same time. LOL

A Big Kid
08-16-2010, 11:52 AM
as you go through the castle into fantasyland, and turn right, there is a fountain with Cinderella in the middle. If you get on your knees (about the height of a child) and look up, you will see a royal crown form over her head.
the cues at pirates tell completely differnt stories. if you go to the left you are going through the pirates private quarters. If you go to the right you are going where they keep their amunition and keep prisoners.
speaking of pirates. there is a chess game going on w/ two pirates, and both pirates have checkmate on each others.

And the color of ToT was no accident. It was chosen so it blends in neatly with Morocco.

xo0ally
08-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Mk- fantasyland is modeled after a medevial fair/german village.

Epcot- For the victory lap on test track they wanted the cars to go 90 mph on a 70 degree angle, but if the ride broke down then it would have been extremely uncomfortable for guest to sit at a 70 degree angle.

HS- behind Brown Derby there is a cast members only cafe called "Take 5 Cafe"

Ak- from above animal kingdom supposedly is in the shape of Africa

Joannelet
08-16-2010, 12:26 PM
MK: On occasion there is a "Kiss Goodnight". You will need to check with guest relations to see if it is happening the evening you are there, but it is one last goodnight at the end of the day from the castle/park....I have never seen before, because I keep forgetting. One of my things on my list for next time.

I have never heard of this before!!!! So cool!!!

BriarRose0708
08-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Next time you stroll down Main St. USA take a look at the names in the windows above all the shops. They are references to members of the Disney family and other people who made Disneyland/World possible. I like making a right into the little cul de sac next to Main St. Bakery. There is a "music school" on the second floor with the window open. Get a treat, take a seat, and listen to the "voice lesson" going on.

Many people see a "Hidden Donald" in the Haunted Mansion. There are two large velvet wingback chairs along the track. If you look at the embroidery head on you can see Donald's face staring back at you.

Have fun!

caryrae
08-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Do they still have the talking water fountain in EPCOT? If I remember right it was somewhere by the big fountain? I have it on tape somewhere. When we pushed it said something like "hey, can't you see we're having a plumbers convention down here" and there were sounds of pipes clanging.

rjmdds
08-17-2010, 06:37 PM
MK:
" Wake up" Tinkerbell in Tinkerbell's Treasures in Fantasyland. Ask a CM about it. She flies around the store. Kiddies love it.

In the Winnie the Pooh ride, upon entering Owl's house, turn to your extreme left to see Mr. Toad handing over the deed to Owl.

In Liberty Square, there is a gate around a door -- it guards a marble slab that used to be threshhold at Monticello. Jefferson actually walked on it long ago.

At the train station. Up on one of the shelves (CMs can halp you locate it) you can see Aladdin's lamp as well as other characters belongings waiting to be picked up at the train station.

I know there are tons more, but these are just a few I remember.

rjmdds
08-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Many people see a "Hidden Donald" in the Haunted Mansion. There are two large velvet wingback chairs along the track. If you look at the embroidery head on you can see Donald's face staring back at you.

Have fun!

This is actually pretty cool. We saw it last December. It is sort of an "art-deco" or avant-garde donald. You have to be looking for it and then it pops out at you.

MickeysEars
08-17-2010, 07:58 PM
MK:
" Wake up" Tinkerbell in Tinkerbell's Treasures in Fantasyland. Ask a CM about it. She flies around the store. Kiddies love it.

In the Winnie the Pooh ride, upon entering Owl's house, turn to your extreme left to see Mr. Toad handing over the deed to Owl.

In Liberty Square, there is a gate around a door -- it guards a marble slab that used to be threshhold at Monticello. Jefferson actually walked on it long ago.

At the train station. Up on one of the shelves (CMs can halp you locate it) you can see Aladdin's lamp as well as other characters belongings waiting to be picked up at the train station.

These are great!!!

crltkcagle
08-17-2010, 08:13 PM
MK:

Didn't know about these two. Thanks for filling me in!

WDW4X4
08-17-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't know if it is true or not but I've read that in the TOT gift shop (or it might be the lobby) there is a fuse box that if you flip one of the switches a bell goes off.

MickeysEars
08-17-2010, 09:51 PM
I have never been on this ride, I didn't know there was a gift shop, I have to check it out

ransam
08-23-2010, 11:37 AM

I thought i heard that they didn't do this any longer after Tinkerbell got her own meet and greet. They figured how could you wake her up if she's in Pixie Land meeting guests?
I could be wrong though.

IloveJack
08-23-2010, 01:22 PM

I thought i heard that they didn't do this any longer after Tinkerbell got her own meet and greet. They figured how could you wake her up if she's in Pixie Land meeting guests?
I could be wrong though.

When we went last October, we were able to "call" her, but not wake her up. I don't know if it was the time of the day or because they aren't doing it anymore, but either way, we were still able to do this. My DD got to ring a bell, and Tink flew up on a TV screen, waved, and then flew away again.

Pop Centurion
08-23-2010, 08:35 PM
The white haired prisoner in the jail on POTC is modeled after a janitor who worked at WDI.

The right ear of the Mickey statue that stands atop the cross roads of the world tower in DHS is made from copper & serves as a lightning rod.

indytraveler
08-24-2010, 08:00 AM

Actually, you probably already have but didn't know you were looking at it. The Kiss Goodnight is when the Castle turns different colors at closing time.

I believe there is a missing person / passenger board in the queue on Jungle Cruise. Some interesting names.

If you go to the Info Central tab on this site and search Hidden Teasures you'll see more.

PopPhan
08-24-2010, 08:34 AM
I believe there is a missing person / passenger board in the queue on Jungle Cruise. Some interesting names.

You mean this one.....

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq66/BLuskus/WDW%20Sept%202008/100_0119.jpg

ANG
08-24-2010, 10:02 AM
If you go to the Info Central tab on this site and search Hidden Teasures you'll see more.

I'm having a hard time finding this

PopPhan
08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm having a hard time finding this

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp

magicofdisney
08-24-2010, 12:48 PM
This path begins(or ends) next to Donald's Boat in TT and ends(or begins) near Space Mountain in TL. It runs alongside the railroad track.

IloveJack
08-24-2010, 12:58 PM
This path begins(or ends) next to Donald's Boat in TT and ends(or begins) near Space Mountain in TL. It runs alongside the railroad track.

There is/used to be a "secret" path in the AK, also, but for the life of me, I can't remember where. We found it on our trip in 2000, and it had a little bridge and a waterfall. However, it might have seen it's end with the additions for Asia. Anyone know?

cer
08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't know for sure, because like I said I have never seen it before, but according to Wikipedia......

KISS GOODNIGHT
WARNING SPOILER AHEAD:

Highlight text to view.....

At the park's closing, the nightly 'Kiss Goodnight' is performed, in which Roy O. Disney's dedication speech for the Magic Kingdom is played all over the park alongside classic Disney music which changes with the vivid colors of the castle.

I cannot wait to make it back there and experience this in person.

PinKy
08-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Next time you stroll down Main St. USA take a look at the names in the windows above all the shops. They are references to members of the Disney family and other people who made Disneyland/World possible. I like making a right into the little cul de sac next to Main St. Bakery. There is a "music school" on the second floor with the window open. Get a treat, take a seat, and listen to the "voice lesson" going on.

Have fun!

In this same area under the "Dance Studio" you can also hear tap dancing if you listen closely! So neat!

ANG
08-24-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp

Awesome, thanks!

kemps@wdw
08-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Some WDW vets may remember "Pegleg Pete" the parrot that use to welcome you to the POTC? Well, he's still there, just in a different place. Look up @ the "hairy leg"pirate and you recognize his feathered friend. And the 2 skeletons playing chess? Well, they'll never finish the game! Why? Because the imagineer responsible for this particular set-up was a a huge chess fan. He did alot of research on masters chess tournaments, and found a no-win outcome and put the chess pieces on the board that way! :D

Altair
08-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Some WDW vets may remember "Pegleg Pete" the parrot that use to welcome you to the POTC? Well, he's still there, just in a different place. Look up @ the "hairy leg"pirate and you recognize his feathered friend.

Unless they moved the parrot again, he is at the World of Disney store at DTD. Here he is:Pegleg Pete (http://inlinethumb15.webshots.com/15950/2005643100053696626S600x600Q85.jpg)