PDA

View Full Version : Missing WDW? Look at Google Earth!

azcavalier
08-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Have any of you opened Epcot or the MK on Google Earth? If you zoom all the way in, they have added 3d models of each building and attraction. They even have all the statues and ride signage. It's not as good as being there, obviously, but it gives you an idea of it. It's pretty cool.

alicefan76
08-12-2010, 10:36 AM
The weirdest thing that happened to me was this past spring. We were sitting on a bench trying to dry off after Kali River Rapids. A group walked by with matching red t-shirts. I remember thinking that was cute that they all matched. Then about 5 minutes later one of the red t-shirted crew came back to the bench and started looking at me funny. I looked at her funny then....I realized it was a lady from my small home town of about 30,000 people. She is friends with my parents and I went to grade school with her daughter :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

azcavalier
08-12-2010, 11:41 AM
The weirdest thing that happened to me was this past spring. We were sitting on a bench trying to dry off after Kali River Rapids. A group walked by with matching red t-shirts. I remember thinking that was cute that they all matched. Then about 5 minutes later one of the red t-shirted crew came back to the bench and started looking at me funny. I looked at her funny then....I realized it was a lady from my small home town of about 30,000 people. She is friends with my parents and I went to grade school with her daughter :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

While that is pretty cool...that is kind of a random response to this thread....

T-Belle
08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
This is one of my fav things to do when missing WDW! Glad to see I'm not the only one!

BellesRose
08-12-2010, 12:47 PM
While that is pretty cool...that is kind of a random response to this thread....
I think that was meant for the "What's the weirdest thing that's ever happened to you at WDW?" thread lol.

Last time I checked Google Earth, it wasn't working well. Maybe that's when they were adding stuff to it. Going to check it out now!

brownie
08-12-2010, 07:50 PM
I think that was meant for the "What's the weirdest thing that's ever happened to you at WDW?" thread lol.

Last time I checked Google Earth, it wasn't working well. Maybe that's when they were adding stuff to it. Going to check it out now!

I had trouble with it the last time I tried to look at Disney World in 3D, too. It's pretty cool when it's working, although it doesn't beat the real thing!

BellesRose
08-13-2010, 02:10 PM
I checked it out yesterday and it was very boring and blah. I just re-read the thread and realized it was supposed to be in 3d? With signs and statues? I must have been on the wrong Google Earth!