PDA

View Full Version : Tree of Life Scare Factor

OCDisney
08-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Ever since I was a child I've been scared to death by Animal Kingdom's Tree Of Life. I've been known to hide underneath my seat and cry and even though Im much older now it STILL scares me. Is anyone else with me?:jaw:

faline
08-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Are you talking about the Tree of Life which is a lovely, albeit not real, tree, carved with many different animals, reptiles and fish or the show inside "A Bug's Life"?

IloveDisney71
08-11-2010, 09:09 PM
My youngest DD, who is now 20, is still afraid to sit back in the seat because that part of the show scared her so bad when she was little. She'll go to the show but refuses to lean back. :secret:
She has a very vivid imagination - Dinosaur scared her so bad when she was about 9 years old that she still will NOT get back on that ride to this day. I had no idea it would scare her so bad when she was little - I felt horrible after I took her on that ride but her sister who was 10 loved it. :confused: Oh well!

OCDisney
08-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Are you talking about the Tree of Life which is a lovely, albeit not real, tree, carved with many different animals, reptiles and fish or the show inside "A Bug's Life"?

Ride. :mickey:

SBETigg
08-11-2010, 09:27 PM
It's Tough to be a Bug scared my son on his first visit, when he was 10, and it still scares him now, 9 years later.

Niecyboo
08-11-2010, 09:43 PM
My 15 year old daughter wants to be an entimologist when she grows up, she has since she was small. She loves to go out bug collecting with my DH and she actually goes to a "Bug Camp" one week every summer. That being said, she HATES It's Tough to be a Bug with a passion. She was terrified of it from the first time she saw it and refuses to see it still. Real bugs she can handle. THIS gets to her. LOL

Dragongirlx
08-12-2010, 03:38 AM
I actually like the show but won't sit back in my seat because the first time I went it actually hurt my back quite a bit so I am always a little scared that will happen again. My sister likes it too but is scared of the black widows and will keep her eyes tightly shut till they have gone.

DisneyFr33k
08-12-2010, 06:40 AM
I find it quite entertaining to watch families with small children skip inside the theater, thinking it will be a "fun" show. Then, within 5 minutes into the show the screaming and crying begins.... and I'm not just talking about the kids! ;)

OCDisney
08-12-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I'll hopefully grow out of my fear as a grew out hiding under the chair (literaly) :hide2: Is there any other shows or rides you or your children have gotten scared on?

Jeniflower
08-12-2010, 07:47 AM
I actually like the show but won't sit back in my seat because the first time I went it actually hurt my back quite a bit so I am always a little scared that will happen again. My sister likes it too but is scared of the black widows and will keep her eyes tightly shut till they have gone.

Does anyone actually like black widows?
that being said I do like the big furry tarantula (ish) but when the black widows drop my eyes are shut tight till i'm sure they are gone

TikiLounger
08-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Both of my kids were frightened by it when they were young. Now? they enjoy the show but still feel a little anxious from the "anticipation" of what's going to happen. As a side note, I find it interesting that my son was afraid of "It's Tough to be a Bug" but loved "Alien Encounter".

OCDisney
08-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Does anyone actually like black widows?
that being said I do like the big furry tarantula (ish) but when the black widows drop my eyes are shut tight till i'm sure they are gone

I've got arachnephobia so I'm not the best person to ask. :blush:

darthmacho
08-12-2010, 07:54 AM
I don't think it's scary, but you've got me wondring how my kids will react, particularly to the "sting" in the back. :eek:

OCDisney
08-12-2010, 08:00 AM
I was also scared of the ride dinosaur when I was a child and later in life was still hesitant to ride.:eek:

Jeniflower
08-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Dinosaur still scares me a bit too. it doesn't help that my sister always engineers it so i'm nearest the scariest dino's

I know what you mean about Arachnophobia though. Yes spiders are amazing creatures that can do amazing things. however eight legs,and eight eyes and crawling - eep no thank you

Darbylew
08-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I love its tough to be a bug show. My children
and grandchildren have not been scared in it.
Sorry that some children are scared and I can
understand it as it is quite dark when the lights
go off. I think it is a cute show. The tree itself
is great to walk the path and see all the animals
that are carved there. Worth the walk even if
you don't see the show. :thumbsup:

disneymomma2010
08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
the first time my boys saw it, they were 4,not long after it started i had to take them out because they were screaming with terror!:sob: Last year we went again (its one of my husbands favorite things) they still were a little scared and worried about it but i didnt have to take them out. This year they will be turning 7 and im trying to rev them up about how they are big boys and they shouldnt be scared anymore of all the rides cause they have already experienced them and they were fine. They were scared of alot last year though, one of mine would say "i wanta go home i wanta go home i wanta go home..." during the entire time of many of the rides! they were scared of pirates of the caribbean, fantasmic, spaceship earth!, honey i shrunk the kids, and a few others! if they do better this year i am gonna let them go through dinasour, havent done that yet, i knew what was coming if i did!:sob:

brownie
08-13-2010, 06:05 PM
They set the stage better at Animal Kingdom than they do at California Adventure. It feels like the space gets smaller as you get closer to the theater at Animal Kingdom, which probably heightens anxiety for some.

It doesn't scare me at all. I really enjoy the show.

BluewaterBrad
08-13-2010, 06:07 PM
No.I love it!! Especially the surprise "bee" sting!!:mickey:

TheVBs
08-14-2010, 11:50 AM
DH and I saw it before we had kids, and we loved it. Took our oldest DD when she was 2 and it terrified her. Watching it that time with "parent eyes" it seemed obvious that it might be too intense for little ones.

ANG
08-14-2010, 11:52 AM
I smile the whole time!:mickey:

I think the "little bugs exiting" at the end underneath your butt is funny.

crmark1
08-15-2010, 08:07 PM
My DD rode Dinosoar when she was 7, I think she kept her eyes closed almost the whole time but opened them just intime to see the Big Dino at the end bend over to eat her! When we got outside my DW showed me her hand, it a perfect imprint of DD's teeth where she bit down on her when she saw the big Dino. Needless to say she hasnt been on it since!

brownie
08-15-2010, 09:09 PM
I smile the whole time!:mickey:

I think the "little bugs exiting" at the end underneath your butt is funny.

The first time we saw It's Tough to be a Bug, you could hear the screams move across the room as the bugs exited. The next time, most of the people in the theater must have experienced it before because the screams didn't move across the room.

IamBelle
08-16-2010, 09:35 AM
I love this show, but I REFUSE to sit back in the seat. When I first saw the show, I was 9 and was lucky enough to sit in between two seats, where the "bee sting" couldnt get me, but I saw everyone else in my family's reaction and was scared to death. I will never, ever sit back during that show...

Joannelet
08-16-2010, 10:02 AM
It's more entertaining than scary for me. I do however not like the bee sting as it hurts my back and I know that my sister can't have it hit her back either since she has a pinched nerve in that area......So for that part I just lean forward.

valerie923
08-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Dinosaur freaked me out!!! :scared:Mind you, I was 27!! I had my eyes closed the whole time and was holding onto my 8 yr.old like there was no tomorrow!! I was glad when it was over and vow to never ride it again! LOL!

mrmcgiv
08-21-2010, 10:43 AM
i took both kids out in the middle last week when we were there (6 and 9). 6YO was screaming! He had to be taken out last trip too when he was 4. I think he is done w/ the ride!

I do not love it either!

PrincessJadesMom
08-21-2010, 03:06 PM
MY DD9 was terrified of It's Tough to be a Bug when she was 6 (she hasn't been willing to see it since), I'm trying to talk her into seeing it again in October. She was also afraid of Stitch's Great Escape. Strangely, the reason that she's so afraid of both of those is due to smells(the stink bug smell and Stitch's chili dog burp).:stitch::bug::shrug: