PDA

View Full Version : Strangest Thing You've Ever Eaten at WDW?

OCDisney
08-11-2010, 05:55 PM
What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten at WDW? Mine was a snail at Epcots Food and Wine Festival in France. :eat:

faline
08-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Probably alligator.

OCDisney
08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Probably alligator.

Please do tell us more, was it at Epcot?

darthmacho
08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Probably alligator.

Where do thy serve alligator in WDW? :mickey:

It's not terribly strange, but I had venizen for the irst time at WDW, and a buffalo (bison) steak at Artist point.

faline
08-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Please do tell us more, was it at Epcot?

It was quite some time ago. We were dining at a restaurant (which I think is no longer there) at either the Swan or Dolphin and it was served as an appetizer.

OCDisney
08-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Where do thy serve alligator in WDW? :mickey:

It's not terribly strange, but I had venizen for the irst time at WDW, and a buffalo (bison) steak at Artist point.

I can understand the buffalo but where were you served the venizen?

faline
08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I can understand the buffalo but where were you served the venizen?

I had venizen as part of an appetizer dish at Artist Point. Not sure where this poster ate it.

DisneyFr33k
08-11-2010, 06:30 PM
First of all... :welcome: You'll soon find out that :rocks:

I have to say, I am a pretty picky eater, so the most strange thing I've eaten at WDW is a bug that flew into my mouth while screaming on Big Thunder Mtn RR. :bug: :sick:

jillluvsdisney
08-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Before Teppn Edo, there was a sit at the counter type place in the Japanese pavillion. We each ordered tempura and it came with soup....seaweed soup.:sick:

fatboy
08-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Alligator at Narcoosees in 1995

KAT1811
08-11-2010, 07:35 PM
I have to say, I am a pretty picky eater, so the most strange thing I've eaten at WDW is a bug that flew into my mouth while screaming on Big Thunder Mtn RR. :bug: :sick:

:funny:

That's great! All I can think of right now is Goldie Hawn in the movie Overboard!

Kenny1113
08-11-2010, 07:38 PM
What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten at WDW? Mine was a snail at Epcots Food and Wine Festival in France. :eat:

What did you think of it??? I love escargot. Tgey had a pretty decent one at les chefs de France.

OCDisney
08-11-2010, 07:54 PM
What did you think of it??? I love escargot. Tgey had a pretty decent one at les chefs de France.

I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of it. :)

OCDisney
08-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Whats the BEST resteraunt at disney?:number1:

faline
08-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Whats the BEST resteraunt at disney?:number1:

This seems like a different topic than your original question. The best restaurant is Victoria & Albert's.

TheDuckRocks
08-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Strangest thing for me was a salad at Jiko that had pork belly. I'm a huge bacon fan but pork belly just sounded nasty to me. Wonderful surprise..........it was great!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Is it just me or are the smoked turkey legs kind of weird? I ate a few bites of one my son got last trip and I really don't like turkey legs:sick:

Narawen
08-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I tried alligator sausage years ago at the Coral Reef. They had it as an appetizer.

OogieBoogieMan
08-12-2010, 09:09 PM
The Swan used to serve alligator in the concierge level in the late 90's and just for the record, it is venison, not venezen;), or deer for those following at home. As an aside, can someone one settle the longstanding question as to whether it is acceptable to eat alligator on a Friday during Lent?

Tinkermom
08-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Ostrich and buffalo at Artist Point. :mickey: Both were tasty but I still prefer a good Kansas City Strip Steak! :thumbsup:

Stu29573
08-13-2010, 09:21 AM
The Swan used to serve alligator in the concierge level in the late 90's and just for the record, it is venison, not venezen;), or deer for those following at home. As an aside, can someone one settle the longstanding question as to whether it is acceptable to eat alligator on a Friday during Lent?

I think as long as it's not an appetizer for your steak, you're ok...

KAT1811
08-14-2010, 11:26 AM
This seems like a different topic than your original question. The best restaurant is Victoria & Albert's.

Victoria & Albert's is the most expensive restaurant in WDW and the "fanciest" but I wouldn't necessarily say it's the best restaurant. Just my :twocents: :blush:

Gusgus
08-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Cuddle fish at V&A's. The best restraunt anywhere not just Disney IMO.

Gusgus

AllDisney
08-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Ostrich for me. Would not it again:sick:

DisneyFr33k
08-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Ostrich for me. Would not it again:sick:

Where did you get ostrich?

SurferStitch
08-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Frog legs at V&A. And yes, they really do taste like chicken. Kind of.

SurferStitch
08-15-2010, 09:39 PM

:ditto:

V&A is our favorite, hands down! :thumbsup: (or, thumbs up)

Loweschevy
08-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Veal sweetbreads from Yachtsman Steakhouse...the smell alone was disgusting. I don't care if they are a delicacy...they were gross

DisneyDINK
08-17-2010, 12:17 PM
I had escargot as a kid at Chefs de France in 1985, loved it. Last trip I had the ostrich at the California Grill, really amazing! One thing no one mentioned was the Beverly soda they offer at Coca Cola's Club Cool; in a word, odd.

Stu29573
08-17-2010, 12:20 PM
I had escargot as a kid at Chefs de France in 1985, loved it. Last trip I had the ostrich at the California Grill, really amazing! One thing no one mentioned was the Beverly soda they offer at Coca Cola's Club Cool; in a word, odd.

"odd" would be somewhat charitable....:sick:

BigThunderFan
08-17-2010, 08:28 PM

Same for me! Except mine was on Everest... June bug I believe. Also tasted like chicken. Except a little more crunchy... and juicy...

As an aside, can someone one settle the longstanding question as to whether it is acceptable to eat alligator on a Friday during Lent?

Our local cajun restaurant has alligator tails as an appetizer, one of my favorites! Since alligators breath air and are technically not fish I'm going to say no on the Lent thing, but I would have to run that by our priest first... :thumbsup:

pjbs35a
08-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Alligator? Frog Legs?
Common here in Cajun Country.
Ostrich @ Disney for me was the oddest.

SBETigg
08-17-2010, 10:29 PM
I normally enjoy tasting new foods, so there are not many firsts for me at WDW. Escargot, frogs legs, caribou, done that, love them. Ostrich was new to me, and I loved it, would do it again. My first try for Ostrich was at California Grill, and then at Jiko. Loved both. It was surprisingly beefy, which I did not expect. It's a new favorite thing, all the flavor without the fat. Plus ostrich and emu type birds creep me out, so what better use for them than on my plate? :thumbsup:

DunkieKong
08-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Probably the strangest thing we ever ate at the World came from Japan. In their giant store, they have a candy section and we got a bag of candied crabs. Actual miniature crabs coated in a sweet sugary glaze. You eat them shell and all. Pretty awful, but a seriously fun night when we were having everyone try them.

WDWNut02
08-18-2010, 01:39 PM
My brother and I tried a snack in Japan at Epcot. They were tiny, quarter sized crabs that had been dried and dusted with a flavoring. The taste reminded me of how a dirty fish tank smells :ack:

WDWNut02
08-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Probably the strangest thing we ever ate at the World came from Japan. In their giant store, they have a candy section and we got a bag of candied crabs. Actual miniature crabs coated in a sweet sugary glaze. You eat them shell and all. Pretty awful, but a seriously fun night when we were having everyone try them.

Just now saw your post! :laughing: Those things are horrible!

BigThunderFan
08-18-2010, 08:42 PM
My brother and I tried a snack in Japan at Epcot. They were tiny, quarter sized crabs that had been dried and dusted with a flavoring. The taste reminded me of how a dirty fish tank smells :ack:

Remind me to pick up some of those for my brother in retaliation for making me try salmon rue at the sushi place a couple months ago...:D

crltkcagle
08-18-2010, 11:06 PM
DH had the black pudding at Raglan Road and he said it was um quite different! LOL :sick:

ShanPooh
08-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Nothing at WDW seems too strange or exotic.
Ever have chicken feet at dim sum or shrimp and lotus root? That was in Jiangxi. We did pass on the snake wine there.
I tried quinoa for the first time at Boma several years ago. Can't seem to replicate it at home - guess I'll have to go back to Boma :D

SallyP
08-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Baby Octopus at Flying Fish. It was served with other seafood as an appetizer. I tasted it but can't say I finished it. :ill:

LudwigVonDrake
08-22-2010, 11:36 AM
First of all... :welcome: You'll soon find out that :rocks:

VERY good!! :wave: